• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

CDAGRIZ said:
TCCGRIZ said:
argh! said:
SoldierGriz said:
My notions are cemented in 27 years leading young men. None are preconceived. JC is a senior in college. The idea that his parents should have input into this is ridiculous. That was the point. Now I am done.

what, your parents never had any input in your decisions after you turned 18? if so, you are the exception, not the rule.

Input=advice , I got plenty I still do get both but starting at 18 your an adult.
Some 18 year olds need to be weaned of the tit some don't.
Soldiergriz is on point with this one .
People wonder why we have safe spaces in college
FFS kids need to grow up.

Totally agree. That's what I did. My parents tried to give me advice and have input after I turned 18 because "they cared about me", but I already had it all figured out.

Zactly! On my 18th birthday I took $50 out of my mom's purse and told my parents to go piss up a rope, I'm a man now. Fuck them and their prefrontal cortex logic.

CDAGRIZ said:
TCCGRIZ said:
argh! said:
SoldierGriz said:
My notions are cemented in 27 years leading young men. None are preconceived. JC is a senior in college. The idea that his parents should have input into this is ridiculous. That was the point. Now I am done.

what, your parents never had any input in your decisions after you turned 18? if so, you are the exception, not the rule.

Input=advice , I got plenty I still do get both but starting at 18 your an adult.

Totally agree. That's what I did. My parents tried to give me advice and have input after I turned 18 because "they cared about me", but I already had it all figured out.

I had it a lot more figured out at 18 than I do now. Now my son is going though that "smartest man alive" phase. Must be that "sins of the fathers..." thing.

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
TCCGRIZ said:
argh! said:

I had it a lot more figured out at 18 than I do now. Now my son is going though that "smartest man alive" phase. Must be that "sins of the fathers..." thing.

Ha. I'm definitely not saying my decisions as an adult have all been great. But, they have been mine alone. I do get plenty of advice from my parents. Glad they never called any of my professors or commanding officers to have some input.

mtgrizfankb said:
retiredpopo said:
AZDoc said:
Again, my biggest worry is if he takes his brother with him.

That being said, I think now things have changed. Growing up when I was 18-22 I did stupid stuff but was on my own to make decisions. Now, kids are staying at home longer, pandered, etc. I think both of the above arguments have merit. I agree there is no doubt 18-24 year olds are men and don't need family input. Also, some family decisions need to be made when there is another family member on said team. There are a lot of other factors, such as michigan states RB...he may play on Sunday's. So better for his stock if he redshirts and has a healthy year. Either way, good luck to him, and leave your brother in Missoula!

why would he take his brother with him? Not sure why Justin would even think about leaving. He never complained about his roll changing and I am sure he will leave when he graduates not because his brother is not playing.

seriously, he didn't bat an eye at leaving when his brother almost didn't make it back this year...why would that change. Justin is a true team player and has shown very big sacrifices for this team. Also if he keeps improving and working on his craft he could be a 1st team CB next year in the BSC.

I don’t disagree with any of this, but nobody knows what happens in family get togethers, or the bond between twins. I just don’t want anything to happen with him. I agree he’s got a chance to be a first teaser next season.

Since Calhoun will be red-shirting this year...I am guessing that he will be able to play anywhere next year???

rgrizfan said:
Since Calhoun will be red-shirting this year...I am guessing that he will be able to play anywhere next year???

Depends if he graduates. If not, then he must transfer down.

rgrizfan said:

He only wants to play for the Griz. Leaning toward hanging it up now.

HookedonGriz said:
rgrizfan said:

That is too bad! I do hate the way Bobby handled this situation.

grizindabox said:
rgrizfan said:

Didn’t the NCAA just fix that rule I’m pretty sure you can transfer when you want to any school you want no questions asked.

I was living in a Devil Town
Didn't know it was a Devil Town
Oh, Lord, it really brings me down
About the Devil Town.

grizfan1984 said:
grizindabox said:
rgrizfan said:

Didn’t the NCAA just fix that rule I’m pretty sure you can transfer when you want to any school you want no questions asked.

If he had more than 1 year of eligibility left, you would be correct.

ABQCat said:
Wait. CDA is over 18?

[Everybody now!]
All my friends were vampires
Didn't know they were vampires
Turns out I was a vamipre myself
In the Devil Town

rgrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
rgrizfan said:

He didn't want to play for the Griz this year. How should BH have handled it?

kemajic said:
rgrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
rgrizfan said:

exactly like he handled it...Well he might should have booted him earlier on but I am guessing BH was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

CDAGRIZ said:
I was living in a Devil Town
Didn't know it was a Devil Town
Oh, Lord, it really brings me down
About the Devil Town

hi, how are you?

danjohn.jpg

kemajic said:
rgrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:
rgrizfan said:

He should have convinced him to play this year. They both should have avoided getting into it.

I assume Calhoun wanted to redshirt, so that he can play a full year and contribute bigger next year. Can't see how he would have been wanting to redshirt for any other reason.

The coaches could have played Calhoun more and sooner this season, and then redshirting wouldn't have been necessary or possible.

In retrospect, Calhoun should have used the concussion excuse. Concerned about his health.

I feel bad for Calhoun, and the team. This team is less strong without Calhoun.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
rgrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

He should have convinced him to play this year. They both should have avoided getting into it.

I assume Calhoun wanted to redshirt, so that he can play a full year and contribute bigger next year. Can't see how he would have been wanting to redshirt for any other reason.

The coaches could have played Calhoun more and sooner this season, and then redshirting wouldn't have been necessary or possible.

In retrospect, Calhoun should have used the concussion excuse. Concerned about his health.

I feel bad for Calhoun, and the team. This team is less strong without Calhoun.

Great post, PR. Completely agree.

retiredpopo said:
kemajic said:
rgrizfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

exactly like he handled it...Well he might should have booted him earlier on but I am guessing BH was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Booted him earlier for what? For not being used enough?

Calhoun had been starting, playing alot and doing well lately. Even the coaches must now realize Calhoun is our best back. Does anyone on the board not think that?

I don't know what occurred in this situation, but I am not and never have been a my way or the highway guy.

Back