• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Bobby on the hot seat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:
By all means, bookmark it. How would you describe the current on field product?

I find your blind faith both admirable and amusing.

Are you watching the same team I am? Keep quoting that deceptive record, anyone who has 2 eyes can see that we are performing like shit. Do you honestly believe we are among the 15 best teams in the nation? If so, that is a stinging indictment of the quality of FCS football.

And again, looking at Bobby's current tenure as coach, what makes you believe he has what it takes to A) Beat the Cats B) Win the conference championship and C) Win the National Championship?

I hate to break it to you, but when the likes of mighty Sac St and 1-7 Southern Utah can come into our house and push us around, we are no longer a program that puts fear into the hearts of its opponents. Personally, I think that should be the standard for any Griz HC.
I hate to break it to you but "mighty Sac St" is very likely to finish their BSC campaign undefeated and the champion. I know a little about OL play and they have the best I've seen at this level in years. Losing the starting QB (among many others) and being forced to rely on a green freshman is something all programs take a hit on. Some survive and so far we have. I was as disappointed as anyone with Saturday's game; it was the perfect storm, but Saturday was not the season as you imply to feed your anti-Hauck narrative. We opened the season very strong and we can finish it strong. Doesn't mean we will, but we can. Yes, our offense is struggling and no one is more frustrated with our OC than me. But I'm going to watch to see how it finishes; it has had its ugly moments like most seasons do, but can the PUTRID PRODUCT BS. Anyone that labels like that is a spoiled little sh!t with no idea of how the ups and downs of a long season play out.

And we should probably add that Taylor, the Sac. State head coach, in his third season, has taken a very average-to-below-average program, whose fan base is perhaps lower than Sentinel High School, and who averages 4000 fans for a typical home game, to winning the Big Sky Conference.

This thread has lost it's amusement value. Look, the offense coughed up the ball 4 times and the D held them to 19 points, none in the 4th qtr. If D wins championships we are still fine.

I get that the offense is unimaginative, sputtering and floundering, the product of constantly changing personnel and a lot of freshmen at skill positions which limits what the OC can call. This puts a challenge on the o-line when the defense has an easier time reading the play.

Folks, right now many of your favorite restaurants are suffering a let down and in service and food quality because of the covid impact on the labor market. Both will improve as those who are new to their jobs get experience. I have to believe our head chef will get this righted over the next two weeks.

I just wish we came more ready to play at the outset off every game on both O and D.

hunt-ducks said:
kemajic said:
I hate to break it to you but "mighty Sac St" is very likely to finish their BSC campaign undefeated and the champion. I know a little about OL play and they have the best I've seen at this level in years. Losing the starting QB (among many others) and being forced to rely on a green freshman is something all programs take a hit on. Some survive and so far we have. I was as disappointed as anyone with Saturday's game; it was the perfect storm, but Saturday was not the season as you imply to feed your anti-Hauck narrative. We opened the season very strong and we can finish it strong. Doesn't mean we will, but we can. Yes, our offense is struggling and no one is more frustrated with our OC than me. But I'm going to watch to see how it finishes; it has had its ugly moments like most seasons do, but can the PUTRID PRODUCT BS. Anyone that labels like that is a spoiled little sh!t with no idea of how the ups and downs of a long season play out.

And we should probably add that Taylor, the Sac. State head coach, in his third season, has taken a very average-to-below-average program, whose fan base is perhaps lower than Sentinel High School, and who averages 4000 fans for a typical home game, to winning the Big Sky Conference.
SacSt was a co-champion with Weber at 7-1 in 2019.

kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:
By all means, bookmark it. How would you describe the current on field product?

I find your blind faith both admirable and amusing.

Are you watching the same team I am? Keep quoting that deceptive record, anyone who has 2 eyes can see that we are performing like shit. Do you honestly believe we are among the 15 best teams in the nation? If so, that is a stinging indictment of the quality of FCS football.

And again, looking at Bobby's current tenure as coach, what makes you believe he has what it takes to A) Beat the Cats B) Win the conference championship and C) Win the National Championship?

I hate to break it to you, but when the likes of mighty Sac St and 1-7 Southern Utah can come into our house and push us around, we are no longer a program that puts fear into the hearts of its opponents. Personally, I think that should be the standard for any Griz HC.
I hate to break it to you but Sac State is not going to beat UC Davis. UCD owns them.

indian-outlaw said:
kemajic said:
I hate to break it to you but Sac State is not going to beat UC Davis. UCD owns them.

I'll take that bet.

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
You wouldn't.

I know sometimes its a bitch being a realist and not just wishing for Santa.

:lol: :clap:

I like how everyone's answer to the blatant issues with this team is just straight up blind faith that its going to get better. The reality is that the Griz have regressed pretty much every game outside of Idaho.

I personally just want to understand why those who think Hauck is the answer believe it to be so. I want to believe it too, but there is basically zero evidence for it. The reality is Bobby hasn't beaten the Cats in over a decade and has consistently lost against quality FCS competition during his second tenure here. He promised dominance in the trenches that simply has never materialized.

Where is there proof that he has what it takes to return us to dominance in the Big Sky, let alone win a National Championship?

gotgame75 said:
fanofzoo said:

I like how everyone's answer to the blatant issues with this team is just straight up blind faith that its going to get better. The reality is that the Griz have regressed pretty much every game outside of Idaho.

I personally just want to understand why those who think Hauck is the answer believe it to be so. I want to believe it too, but there is basically zero evidence for it. The reality is Bobby hasn't beaten the Cats in over a decade and has consistently lost against quality FCS competition during his second tenure here. He promised dominance in the trenches that simply has never materialized.

Where is there proof that he has what it takes to return us to dominance in the Big Sky, let alone win a National Championship?
You are in error to come to judgement of a 6-2 team confronted with such hurdles with a lot of season left. Let's have this discussion when the season has completed and we have a season of data to examine rather than your anti-Hauck pessimism. A beatdown by MSU will bring me to your side, but it hasn't happened so instead of negative projecting, I prefer to watch the boys play and finish the season.

gotgame75 said:
fanofzoo said:

How about one's blind faith that the Griz will ever return to dominance? But I will tell you why people are giving BH the benefit of the doubt, in the last real Griz football season, he had a team that got better over the course of the season and won 10 games and were close to the SF. Makes just as good of an argument as doubting him based on this season, even though they are still 6-2. Like I always say, winning isn't easy but so many fans think it is.

HelenaHandBasket said:
gotgame75 said:

How about one's blind faith that the Griz will ever return to dominance? But I will tell you why people are giving BH the benefit of the doubt, in the last real Griz football season, he had a team that got better over the course of the season and won 10 games and were close to the SF. Makes just as good of an argument as doubting him based on this season, even though they are still 6-2. Like I always say, winning isn't easy but so many fans think it is.

Apparently RTD is easy. I read it on eGriz.

Ursa Major said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't know whether returning to dominance is easy or not. But apparently becoming dominant when you were anything but two years ago is possible. Ask Troy Taylor

hunt-ducks said:
Ursa Major said:

I don't know whether returning to dominance is easy or not. But apparently becoming dominant when you were anything but two years ago is possible. Ask Troy Taylor

I think Taylor is the best coach in the BSC conference, and it might not even be close. Sac has always had talent, but no one could ever put it together until now.

hunt-ducks said:
Ursa Major said:

Do you mean 2019 when SacSt was 7-1 and BSC co-champs with Weber?

I watch the cats when convenient and always watch or listen to the Griz. It seems to me to difference is huge, it the Griz can play them close I will be very surprised. I guess I still have hope but I'm prepared for the worst as the last 5 brawls have been brutal.

BillingsMafia said:
I watch the cats when convenient and always watch or listen to the Griz. It seems to me to difference is huge, it the Griz can play them close I will be very surprised. I guess I still have hope but I'm prepared for the worst as the last 5 brawls have been brutal.
Brutal for who? The last 5 years have a beatdown by each team bracketing 3 very close games. Staying with the facts:
'15 Montana 54-35 (beatdown)
'16 MSU 24-17 (White knuckles)
'17 MSU 31-23 (White knuckles)
'18 MSU 29-25 (White knuckles)
'19 MSU 48-14 (beatdown)

kemajic said:
BillingsMafia said:
Brutal for who? The last 5 years have a beatdown by each team bracketing 3 very close games. Staying with the facts:
'15 Montana 54-35 (beatdown)
'16 MSU 24-17 (White knuckles)
'17 MSU 31-23 (White knuckles)
'18 MSU 29-25 (White knuckles)
'19 MSU 48-14 (beatdown)
Brutal for me. I got tickets from my cat fan buddy and they were in the cat section at Wa Griz in 16. Listening to them screaming time after time after a big cat play was absolutely brutal. I have nothing to cheer for. Then end of game, Griz pack the box ignore any chance of a pass as everyone knows Murry can't throw. Murry tosses it up to a wide open un guarded cat. Yaa that was as brutal as it gets.

Of course BH should be in the hot seat. Whatever legacy all of you think he has was absolutely handed to him when he was handed to keys to a racecar during his first stint as HC of the griz.. he then proceeded to drive the wheels off that race car then fled to Nevada... Where he failed miserably.... It is really easy to win when someone has done all the hard work for you however it is much more difficult to win when you are unable to build that racecar yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back