• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Bobby on the hot seat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigsky33 said:
BillingsMafia said:
I sense Bobby is simply collecting a pay check. The whole staff is too old, too set in their ways and too content in the status quo. Choate got rid of several coaches, he was hungry. This team has a lot of talent but no leadership.

the cat game is going to be painful, really painful. Watching infanese run around the end and down field for 17 yards over and over is going to sting

Bobby is not the same guy he was last time around. He doesn’t have the fire he used to. It reflects on the team. They appear to be going through the motions and not engaged. Too many mistakes the last three games. Also, a lack of discipline. That is not Griz football!

Man I agree, I be pissed off after that win...Hauck seemed to be okay with it,,,something has to change...no more fire in the belly..
Rosenbaugh has not been that impressive..OL struggles..run plays up the middle with a 150 lb RB...its a coaching problem..
puzzling?

Its time for a house cleaning...

The 2019 season really hit home to me with the difference in Bobby. As a Cat fan, I always respected how tough and aggressive the Griz played. It changed under Stitt and I thought when Bobby came back, he would bring it back. 2018 it didn’t happen and in 2019 it became more apparent. When the Cats put a beat down on them in 2019, Bobby just stood there the whole game with a complacent look on his face. After the game it was like oh well we got beat bad. Not much emotion the whole game. The Cats came out in both years and played kick ass take no names football like the Griz used to do before Stitt. A complete reversal. Sorry to say it has carried over to 2021 for the Griz. Just an observation. Maybe he will retire when his son graduates. I don’t think they would ever let him go.

Westcoastfan said:
I agree. Bobby 2.0 at Montana is the UNLV Bobby. At least Stitt could recruit skill position players.

...disagree...we do have skill players!..first we lose the players flags in opening run into stadium
and everything else seems to go downhill...is Bobby 2.0 gone WOKE? Stitt was over his head coaching D1

He definitely doesn't seem like he was the first time around but at the end of the day I don't think he is on the hot seat as long as we continue winning the majority of games and get to the playoffs, at least for now. Bare minimum that we do need to have a new offensive coordinator and potentially different skill position / lineman coaches.

We arguably have one of the best wide receiver corps in the FCS along with a young quarterback that has a cannon for an arm (Brown) and we can't do anything with them. Separation is a constant issue and we have a hard time blocking. Things need to change however it seems like they're stubbornly sticking to run up the middle, run up the middle, quick out and punt.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think we might want to start looking at utilizing Patterson more in the Run game. Give him some option looks to help open up the middle and make the defense think twice about just bull rushing us

Maybe we need to look at the offensive line blocking schemes. maybe our Zone Blocking should be Man. and please remember our QB' s are not real accurate when running for their lives. Those big lard butt linemen need to move their damn feet and toughen up. dammit get in their face and act mean as hell, of coarse the BSC officials think a pancake is Unnecessary roughness. and maybe we need a big Back in there to make those blitzers find their hats backwards. It is a WAR between the Tackles. not the powder puff derby.Its "Balls to the Wall "every down. Plus what is that wallowing on the ground . Get the hell up, you are killing the Grass. Play dead, then run off the field waving at the crowd. pukesville. Man up for a couple hours on Saturday. and in the film room. you won't have to crawl under your chair and maybe run to the "M".or worse yet the (Toilet Bowl) on Monday. FYI , I speak from experience as i made that trip more times than i can remember. Come on Griz, make your Teammates Proud of your play. And Coaches I have a few suggestions and opinions . First we are not a Finesse Team. Where little backs can skinny through a group of mean ass defensive lineman that are tough as hell for 3 yards. Go Griz, well maybe, Get your head out and get with the program

Before I make this post, I want to state that I am NOT advocating for Hauck being on the hot seat.

But, I think it is a very pathetic statement about our once-proud football program to give Bobby basically a lifetime pass as our head coach, without holding him to the same standards as any head coach would be held to. Ultimately, Bobby needs to start winning Big Sky championships, and going deep into the playoffs. The UM football program has way too many advantages, in facilities, fan base, game-day crowds, and tradition over other Big Sky teams to fail to be one of the top 1-2 teams in the conference. And he shouldn't need more than 4-5 years to accomplish this.

No head coach should ever feel so comfortable about his job security that he doesn't feel the pressure to win. Some posters have stated that they believe Bobby has lost the fire that he had in his first tenure here.

LSU fired Ed Orgeron two years after he won a National Championship. Texas is very quick to make a coaching change if results don't come rapidly. So does USC.

The game-day atmosphere is already suffering from former levels. Lots of empty seats now. If it gets worse, changes will be made. As always, follow the money. The Grizzly football program has been a money-printing machine for years, but is showing cracks lately. Bobby understands this.

hunt-ducks said:
Before I make this post, I want to state that I am NOT advocating for Hauck being on the hot seat.

But, I think it is a very pathetic statement about our once-proud football program to give Bobby basically a lifetime pass as our head coach, without holding him to the same standards as any head coach would be held to. Ultimately, Bobby needs to start winning Big Sky championships, and going deep into the playoffs. The UM football program has way too many advantages, in facilities, fan base, game-day crowds, and tradition over other Big Sky teams to fail to be one of the top 1-2 teams in the conference. And he shouldn't need more than 4-5 years to accomplish this.

No head coach should ever feel so comfortable about his job security that he doesn't feel the pressure to win. Some posters have stated that they believe Bobby has lost the fire that he had in his first tenure here.

LSU fired Ed Orgeron two years after he won a National Championship. Texas is very quick to make a coaching change if results don't come rapidly. So does USC.

The game-day atmosphere is already suffering from former levels. Lots of empty seats now. If it gets worse, changes will be made. As always, follow the money. The Grizzly football program has been a money-printing machine for years, but is showing cracks lately. Bobby understands this.

Yes but Orgeron and any Texas coach aren’t the 2nd coming of Christ like Bobby is in Missoula. You remember when he was hired back right? Go back and read those posts. People were dancing in the streets. Hallelujah! Booking tickets to Frisco and guaranteeing dominance over the conference.

People with a lot of money brought back their savior, and that’s not changing any time soon.

ilovethecats said:
hunt-ducks said:

Yes but Orgeron and any Texas coach aren’t the 2nd coming of Christ like Bobby is in Missoula. You remember when he was hired back right? Go back and read those posts. People were dancing in the streets. Hallelujah! Booking tickets to Frisco and guaranteeing dominance over the conference.

People with a lot of money brought back their savior, and that’s not changing any time soon.

People with a lot of money also have short memories, and expect results for their investment. The past is the past. In today's society, everything is about "what have you done for me lately"?

hunt-ducks said:
ilovethecats said:

People with a lot of money also have short memories, and expect results for their investment. The past is the past. In today's society, everything is about "what have you done for me lately"?

And I agree with that about 99.9% of the time.

Just not when it pertains to Bobby Hauck and Missoula Montana. :lol:

ilovethecats said:
hunt-ducks said:

And I agree with that about 99.9% of the time.

Just not when it pertains to Bobby Hauck and Missoula Montana. :lol:
Unfortunately this is correct I'm afraid. Hauck will never win another conference championship as long as he's here.

If the POWER boosters are as blind as so many on here that there aren't problems that need addressing and keep making excuse after excuse he will keep on doing the same things with the same staff....likely leading to same results. If they want to keep their guy AND win championships they better push him to make some changes. Head coaches really are only as good as their staff and players. It is his job to make sure they are all as good and effective as they can be. I still believe with the facilities and fan support here there is no reason with a couple changes Bobby couldn't lead the Griz back as head coach...but without them I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back