• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Bobby on the hot seat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying our team shouldn't be playing better than they have been, but it's insane to me to put this all on the coaches. Colter made a good point on the GFP a few weeks ago saying that any other team with this many injuries would've written off the season by now. It sucks that we suck this year, but a new coach is not going to fix the problems any better than Bobby and co. would be able to next season and beyond.

If we change coaches again, we will be irrelevant for the next five years, guaranteed.

That said, Bobby will be the coach here as long as he wants to, IMO.

kemajic said:
indian-outlaw said:
Hauck will never win another conference championship as long as he's here.
Will bookmark this statement for future accountability.
Please do... I will be glad to eat crow, but I suspect I will get old and grey before it happens if hauck stays.

kemajic said:
indian-outlaw said:
Hauck will never win another conference championship as long as he's here.

Lol at your statement about "accountability". Bookmark me as well. The only person that should be talking about accountability is Bobby for putting a putrid product on the field that is below anyone's standards for Griz football.

What in Bobby's current iteration as head coach makes you think he can even beat the Cats let alone win a conference championship?

You may believe otherwise, but the current proof is slim to none.

gotgame75 said:
kemajic said:

Lol at your statement about "accountability". Bookmark me as well. The only person that should be talking about accountability is Bobby for putting a putrid product on the field that is below anyone's standards for Griz football.

What in Bobby's current iteration as head coach makes you think he can even beat the Cats let alone win a conference championship?

The Griz are 6-2. You make it sound like they're 2-6. The two losses are by 6 and 7 points to ranked opponents. "Putrid Product" deserves to be bookmarked for sure.

uofmman1122 said:
I'm not saying our team shouldn't be playing better than they have been, but it's insane to me to put this all on the coaches. Colter made a good point on the GFP a few weeks ago saying that any other team with this many injuries would've written off the season by now. It sucks that we suck this year, but a new coach is not going to fix the problems any better than Bobby and co. would be able to next season and beyond.

If we change coaches again, we will be irrelevant for the next five years, guaranteed.

The coaches are responsible for the quality of the product they put on the field PERIOD. We haven't won a conference championship nor beat the Cats during Bobby's current tenure. How is that acceptable for any Griz fan? That's not even to mention that the current quality of play is the worst its been in my memory. No other coach on Earth would be given the wide berth that Bobby is given by some Griz fans.

And it's also asinine to just assume that Hauck is automatically the best we can do for a HC. Not all coaches are created equal and Bobby is not some coaching God. What makes you believe that he is better suited to fix the current issues than any other coach on the planet?

I do think Hauck is a good HC, but he is certainly not beyond reproach. And if we aren't looking at he and his staff with a critical eye given the current quality of product being put on the field, then we are lost as a program.

kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:

The Griz are 6-2. You make it sound like they're 2-6. The two losses are by 6 and 7 points to ranked opponents. "Putrid Product" deserves to be bookmarked for sure.

By all means, bookmark it. How would you describe the current on field product?

I find your blind faith both admirable and amusing.

Are you watching the same team I am? Keep quoting that deceptive record, anyone who has 2 eyes can see that we are performing like shit. Do you honestly believe we are among the 15 best teams in the nation? If so, that is a stinging indictment of the quality of FCS football.

And again, looking at Bobby's current tenure as coach, what makes you believe he has what it takes to A) Beat the Cats B) Win the conference championship and C) Win the National Championship?

I hate to break it to you, but when the likes of mighty Sac St and 1-7 Southern Utah can come into our house and push us around, we are no longer a program that puts fear into the hearts of its opponents. Personally, I think that should be the standard for any Griz HC.

gotgame75 said:
uofmman1122 said:

The coaches are responsible for the quality of the product they put on the field PERIOD. We haven't won a conference championship nor beat the Cats during Bobby's current tenure. How is that acceptable for any Griz fan? That's not even to mention that the current quality of play is the worst its been in my memory. No other coach on Earth would be given the wide berth that Bobby is given by some Griz fans.

And it's also asinine to just assume that Hauck is automatically the best we can do for a HC. Not all coaches are created equal and Bobby is not some coaching God. What makes you believe that he is better suited to fix the current issues than any other coach on the planet?

I do think Hauck is a good HC, but he is certainly not beyond reproach. And if we aren't looking at he and his staff with a critical eye given the current quality of product being put on the field, then we are lost as a program.
Where the hell did I say any of that?

Alright, since you're just gonna put words in my mouth, name someone.

Who would you rather have that we could realistically get this offseason?

Who would do a better job than this staff next season that we can go get after this year? I need you to be 100% confident in this pick, btw. :roll:

You guys act like we're completely healthy and 2-6, for fuck's sake.

There's a huge difference between "Man, this staff is dealing with shit, but they need to do a better job" and "we should fire the guy we just hired after firing another guy who won, but not enough". You wanna be "lost as a program"? Let's keep firing coaches every 3 seasons. I'm sure the next one will finally be the guy!

uofmman1122 said:
gotgame75 said:

Who would do a better job than this staff next season that we can go get after this year? I need you to be 100% confident in this pick, btw. :roll:

You guys act like we're completely healthy and 2-6, for [#]f###'s sake.

There's a huge difference between "Man, this staff is dealing with shit, but they need to do a better job" and "we should fire the guy we just hired after firing another guy who won, but not enough". You wanna be "lost as a program"? Let's keep firing coaches every 3 seasons. I'm sure the next one will finally be the guy!

Who put words in your mouth? You literally said "a new coach is not going to fix the problems any better than Bobby and co. would be able to next season and beyond." That means you believe there is no better coaching answer out there for the Griz than Bobby Hauck.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know all of the possible coaching prospects out there, but neither do you. Bobby is a good coach, but to automatically assume he is the best we can possibly ever do is both dumb and depressing.

Yes, injuries are a factor, but they are also a crutch for those who don't want to face the larger systemic issues. The offense has sucked all year long. Getting Ostmo, Knight, etc back does nothing to solve the issue that we can't push the ball down the field because the receivers get zero separation, both QBs have accuracy issues, and the OL can't protect the QB or consistently create rushing lanes.

Upon his return, Hauck promised us the return of DOLA and all around dominant line play on both sides of the ball. Where is it? We can neither protect our QB or put fear into theirs. At this point, we should put up some missing posters.

This is season 4 for the series "Hauck 2.0", its not as if he hasn't been given enough time. I am not at all saying Bobby needs to be fired, but if we're not taking a critical eye to the current state of program, then we are already lost. As others have noted, LSU fired the beloved Orgeron just 2 years post Natty. Good programs identify problems and rectify them with brutal efficiency. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I am certain this doesn't look or feel anything like an elite team.

Do you honestly believe that this team is capable of winning a Championship or even making a deep playoff run? If so, why? Personally, I've never seen a legit contender at any level of football that had no offensive identity and subpar play along both lines.

The reality is we have very suspect coordinators on both sides of the ball and that is Bobby's responsibility. There is literally nothing in either coordinator's resume to suggest they are on the cusp of Championship level success. In fact, both have generally shitty track records as coordinators or HCs. I think some budding young coaching talent on either side of the ball would be a breath of fresh air.

gotgame75 said:
uofmman1122 said:

You guys act like we're completely healthy and 2-6, for [#]f###'s sake.

Who put words in your mouth? You literally said "a new coach is not going to fix the problems any better than Bobby and co. would be able to next season and beyond." That means you believe there is no better coaching answer out there for the Griz than Bobby Hauck. "And beyond" is probably not what I should have said, but I stand by it for next season. Bringing in a new guy now would mean a worse season next year, much more likely than not.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know all of the possible coaching prospects out there, but neither do you. Bobby is a good coach, but to automatically assume he is the best we can possibly ever do is both dumb and depressing. Again, I never said he's the best, but I doubt we could find someone that could turn this team we have right now with all its problems and injuries into a championship contender this season. And if you're gonna say "well, they should have been able to", my question is based on what? Fan expectations? lol

Yes, injuries are a factor, but they are also a crutch for those who don't want to face the larger systemic issues. The offense has sucked all year long. Getting Ostmo, Knight, etc back does nothing to solve the issue that we can't push the ball down the field because the receivers get zero separation, both QBs have accuracy issues, and the OL can't protect the QB or consistently create rushing lanes. I'm sure every team using their 6th and 7th string, true freshmen rbs, inexperienced freshman QB, and missing 2 of their top 4 starting WRs would all be killing it, right? Can you show me another team doing that? If they're even in the top half of FCS in offense, I'll admit I was wrong, but I have a feeling you won't even find one. I know we sure looked a lot more capable in 2019 and this last spring before we were absolutely decimated.

Upon his return, Hauck promised us the return of DOLA and all around dominant line play on both sides of the ball. Where is it? We can neither protect our QB or put fear into theirs. At this point, we should put up some missing posters. It's tough to run block when your RBs run into the backs of linemen every play, and tough to pass block when your freshman QB steps into pressure instead of away from it. That said, they were supposed to be a strength, and haven't been good enough this year.

This is season 4 for the series "Hauck 2.0", its not as if he hasn't been given enough time. I am not at all saying Bobby needs to be fired, but if we're not taking a critical to the current state of program, then we are already lost. As others have noted, LSU fired the beloved Orgeron just 2 years post Natty. Good programs identify problems and rectify them with brutal efficiency. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I am certain this doesn't look or feel anything like an elite team. "I don't think Bobby should be fired, but we should act like this other school that just fired their head coach" :lol: I still don't know what you want. Fire Bobby? Fire the coordinators? Fire Monte? You're a guy standing on the sidelines with limited knowledge of what's actually going on just yelling "DO SOMETHING!" as if no one is trying to fix anything (and as if they actually could fix it).

Do you honestly believe that this team is capable of winning a Championship or even making a deep playoff run? If so, why? Personally, I've never seen a legit contender at any level of football that had no offensive identity and subpar play along both lines. No, but I also don't think we should fire the coach because this team can't win a NC this year.

The reality is we have very suspect coordinators on both sides of the ball and that is Bobby's responsibility. There is literally nothing in either coordinator's resume to suggest they are on the cusp of Championship level success. In fact, both have generally shitty track records as coordinators or HCs. I think some budding young coaching talent on either side of the ball would be a breath of fresh air. Or you could end up with Bob Stitt, he sure had a lot of budding young coaching talent on his teams.
Anyways, this is dumb. Bobby isn't on the hot seat, and won't be until he's under .500. Like it or not, he has a longer leash than most other coaches at UM would.

I want to again reiterate that I don't think the team has been good enough even with all of the injuries. Injuries didn't cause all those penalties on Saturday, nor did they cause the guys in there to play like shit. But the premise of this thread is whether or not Bobby should start to fear for his job, and I think that's ridiculous. If we're 6-5 in three weeks, you can light as many torches and grab as many pitchforks as you want (and I still think he won't lose his job).

uofmman1122 said:

If Bobby can be our coach as long as he wishes, please give me another college program in the nation, besides Alabama, where the head coach has total immunity from being replaced?

people are idiots if they think he is on the hot seat. His record is 6-2 right now and by the end of the season 9-2 he should be getting a raise to match the vandal's coach...

gotgame75 said:
kemajic said:

Are you watching the same team I am? Keep quoting that deceptive record, anyone who has 2 eyes can see that we are performing like shit. Do you honestly believe we are among the 15 best teams in the nation? If so, that is a stinging indictment of the quality of FCS football.

And again, looking at Bobby's current tenure as coach, what makes you believe he has what it takes to A) Beat the Cats B) Win the conference championship and C) Win the National Championship?

I hate to break it to you, but when the likes of mighty Sac St and 1-7 Southern Utah can come into our house and push us around, we are no longer a program that puts fear into the hearts of its opponents. Personally, I think that should be the standard for any Griz HC.
I hate to break it to you but "mighty Sac St" is very likely to finish their BSC campaign undefeated and the champion. I know a little about OL play and they have the best I've seen at this level in years. Losing the starting QB (among many others) and being forced to rely on a green freshman is something all programs take a hit on. Some survive and so far we have. I was as disappointed as anyone with Saturday's game; it was the perfect storm, but Saturday was not the season as you imply to feed your anti-Hauck narrative. We opened the season very strong and we can finish it strong. Doesn't mean we will, but we can. Yes, our offense is struggling and no one is more frustrated with our OC than me. But I'm going to watch to see how it finishes; it has had its ugly moments like most seasons do, but can the PUTRID PRODUCT BS. Anyone that labels like that is a spoiled little sh!t with no idea of how the ups and downs of a long season play out.

Bobby is not more on the hot seat than Nick Saban or Kirby Smart! He will make staff changes at the end of the year if he needs to but I have complete faith in his ability to do what needs to be done. Injuries have been a killer for sure.

kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:

I hate to break it to you but "mighty Sac St" is very likely to finish their BSC campaign undefeated and the champion. I know a little about OL play and they have the best I've seen at this level in years. Losing the starting QB (among many others) and being forced to rely on a green freshman is something all programs take a hit on. Some survive and so far we have. I was as disappointed as anyone with Saturday's game; it was the perfect storm, but Saturday was not the season as you imply to feed your anti-Hauck narrative. We opened the season very strong and we can finish it strong. Doesn't mean we will, but we can. Yes, our offense is struggling and no one is more frustrated with our OC than me. But I'm going to watch to see how it finishes; it has had its ugly moments like most seasons do, but can the PUTRID PRODUCT BS. Anyone that labels like that is a spoiled little sh!t with no idea of how the ups and downs of a long season play out.

OK until the end, as the season started with a great up it was followed by a long slide and with such few games remaining I can't really see the up coming back.

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:

OK until the end, as the season started with a great up it was followed by a long slide and with such few games remaining I can't really see the up coming back.
You wouldn't.

kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:
You wouldn't.

I know sometimes its a bitch being a realist and not just wishing for Santa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back