• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Indoor practice facility

AZDoc said:
Please remind me...are they putting the foundation down for a permanent structure, then doing the bubble initially, then eventually taking it down to build the permanent structure? or are they at 2 different locations?

They who? I believe UM is doing the former:
1. Permanent Foundation
2. Temp Bubble
3. Permanent building in same location as the temp bubble using the initial permanent foundation

Oldschoolhornet said:
Hey Hoops you pretend to be a man of affluence and influence but you can’t make an indoor practice facility happen. Get out of here with your BS.

Oldschoolhornet said:
Hoops saying that recruits/athletes don’t blah blah blah best facilities?
This nutball cracks me up.
Dude pretends to be from another BSC school so he can secretly pick at Mr. Hoops, who has only ever been honorable and credible in return. But it gets better, look closely at these posts.
First one was made super late Friday, a late night drunk-text, and after passing out, the next post was his early morning wake-n-bake. He went to bed thinking about Mr. Hoops on a Friday night, and Mr. Hoops was the first thing on his mind Saturday morning when he opened his eyes hours later (assuming he sleeps).

Oldschoolhornet said:
Hoops saying that recruits/athletes don’t make decisions to attend universities with regard to facilities such as indoor practice fields is one of the most ridiculous statements you have ever made. NIL is a huge source of inducement but only a small portion of college football players are receiving significant money. 100% of college football players use the training facilities. If facilities don’t matter why are all the top college football programs in America participating in an arms race to have the newest and best facilities?

I said nothing about most of what you are
talking about. Stadium size, attendance and atmosphere is much more important. And NIL. Who would choose MSU for an indoor facility that hasn’t been built or designed, and where the dedicated fundraising hasn’t been started? It’s clear you and your family were never recruited for a college sport. Coaches and overall program are, of course, the most important.

garizzalies said:
Oldschoolhornet said:
Hey Hoops you pretend to be a man of affluence and influence but you can’t make an indoor practice facility happen. Get out of here with your BS.

Oldschoolhornet said:
Hoops saying that recruits/athletes don’t blah blah blah best facilities?
Dude pretends to be from another BSC school so he can secretly pick at Mr. Hoops, who has only ever been honorable and credible in return. But it gets better, look closely at these posts.
First one was made super late Friday, a late night drunk-text, and after passing out, the next post was his early morning wake-n-bake. He went to bed thinking about Mr. Hoops on a Friday night, and Mr. Hoops was the first thing on his mind Saturday morning when he opened his eyes hours later (assuming he sleeps).

Hornet is a dummy too. MSU is welcome to any recruit who comes to MSU now because of the proposed indoor facility that won't even be built until after the recruit is gone.

“We are looking at different areas on campus – one including staying on the same side of Kagy closer to the retention pond on the west side of the stadium," Costello shared. "The reason really is for player safety so they don’t have to cross Kagy every single time they want to go into that facility, and just sheer proximity to football and track."
Whole thing sounds like a Ponzi scheme. Five years ago they included the practice field in the original drawings, now they need 1.5mil just to hire an architect at an alleged architectural school.

What’s funnier, ours will be built this year next to a river. But for theirs, they still have to decide if it’s better to locate it next to the shit pond or make the athletes play frogger across Kagy Ave

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
AZDoc said:
Please remind me...are they putting the foundation down for a permanent structure, then doing the bubble initially, then eventually taking it down to build the permanent structure? or are they at 2 different locations?

They who? I believe UM is doing the former:
1. Permanent Foundation
2. Temp Bubble
3. Permanent building in same location as the temp bubble using the initial permanent foundation

Yes they...UM...Thank you. THat's what I thought, but couldn't remember.

mthoopsfan said:
garizzalies said:

Hornet is a dummy too. MSU is welcome to any recruit who comes to MSU now because of the proposed indoor facility that won't even be built until after the recruit is gone.
False. Not as fast as your bubble, but not anywhere near as slow as what you say here. It's going to be a great facility, and the only question remaining is how great. I'm proud of the MSU leadership for not rushing something temporary.

ABQCat said:
mthoopsfan said:
False. Not as fast as your bubble, but not anywhere near as slow as what you say here. It's going to be a great facility, and the only question remaining is how great. I'm proud of the MSU leadership for not rushing something temporary.

Feel free to link the official time line showing the start and completion dates. Please name the architect and the contractor. Please list the major donors. Has it been 6 years already since your facility was first mentioned?

mthoopsfan said:
ABQCat said:

Feel free to link the official time line showing the start and completion dates. Please name the architect and the contractor. Please list the major donors. Has it been 6 years already since your facility was first mentioned?
Will do. Look for a response from me around the middle/late this summer from what I understand.

Your post shows a remarkable combination of a general lack of understanding of fundraising and a very specific lack of understanding of the current status of this effort. You clearly don't know anyone at MSU with connections. Not surprising I suppose.

ABQCat said:
mthoopsfan said:
Will do. Look for a response from me around the middle/late this summer from what I understand.

Your post shows a remarkable combination of a general lack of understanding of fundraising and a very specific lack of understanding of the current status of this effort. You clearly don't know anyone at MSU with connections. Not surprising I suppose.

Here's a drawing. We don't have the money raised. It hasn't been designed. It hasn't been engineered. We don't really know what it would look like because, again, we don't have the money raised. But we're totally gonna do it, guys. Seems a lot like the Gateway Project at Cheney at present.

"Mr. Hoops" it was nice to see your grandson drop by and pump you up as being "honorable and credible".
I can't possibly be the only one who spit up a little coffee reading that post.
Be sure to take him out for some ice cream later.

ABQCat said:
mthoopsfan said:

I'm asking for the timeline now. I want to see what you based your (BS) comment on.

I actually know lots of people in Bozeman and at MSU. I grew up there. My family still lives there. My greater family has one of the 2 big lumberyards in Bozeman. Other cousins are big in real estate development. My step-dad was a ME professor there. I have probably donated more to MSU than you have. I'm good friends some of the older guys, like Larry Aasheim and Dick Harte. I know people in the MSU administration. My mother used to work for the MSU Foundation. My niece's husband is an MSU professor. Most of my clients in the past were the big tech companies in Bozeman. Who do you know? What are your connections? You are an idiot and full of hot air.

Oldschoolhornet said:
"Mr. Hoops" it was nice to see your grandson drop by and pump you up as being "honorable and credible".
I can't possibly be the only one who spit up a little coffee reading that post.
Be sure to take him out for some ice cream later.

What post? I don't have a grandson.

mthoopsfan said:
ABQCat said:

I'm asking for the timeline now. I want to see what you based your (BS) comment on.

I actually know lots of people in Bozeman and at MSU. I grew up there. My family still lives there. My greater family has one of the 2 big lumberyards in Bozeman. Other cousins are big in real estate development. My step-dad was a ME professor there. I have probably donated more to MSU than you have. I'm good friends some of the older guys, like Larry Aasheim and Dick Harte. I know people in the MSU administration. My mother used to work for the MSU Foundation. My niece's husband is an MSU professor. Most of my clients in the past were the big tech companies in Bozeman. Who do you know? What are your connections? You are an idiot and full of hot air.
When I told you I was going to respond until middle/late summer, I wasn't negotiating. Try to keep up old man.

ABQCat said:
mthoopsfan said:

When I told you I was going to respond until middle/late summer, I wasn't negotiating. Try to keep up old man.

So, you were lying in your original post? Just pulling timing out of your butt. Figures.

Anyone else get the feeling that the only original ideas the bub's athletic department has are horrendous ones (see: players mugs on porta$hitters; bobcat batter; songs about rape; sippy cup; et al)? Everything is literally stolen from the GRIZ:

Athletic department schmuck: "Boss, the GRIZ are building an IPF."

Boss: "Ain't never heard of one o' dem, but then by jiminy we're too gunna build us a...a...an IP... an IFD...what da hell was it again?"

mthoopsfan said:
ABQCat said:

So, you were lying in your original post? Just pulling timing out of your butt. Figures.
I said I would report back, and I will. I'm a man of my word.

I will say again, you asking the questions you asked and expecting the answers from me at this moment and in this forum demonstrates your total lack of understanding of the process. Also, these questions clearly indicated how little you know on the inside at MSU. I hate repeating myself. Please try to keep up.

ABQCat said:
mthoopsfan said:

I will say again, you asking the questions you asked and expecting the answers from me at this moment and in this forum demonstrates your total lack of understanding of the process. Also, these questions clearly indicated how little you know on the inside at MSU. I hate repeating myself. Please try to keep up.

So, at this moment, it's a drawing with some hopes. Is that correct? I saw a mock-up of what WaGriz will look like once we raise the funds to design, engineer, and build it. What do you think?

SoFi-Stadium-Videoboard-2-scaled.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:

So, at this moment, it's a drawing with some hopes. Is that correct? I saw a mock-up of what WaGriz will look like once we raise the funds to design, engineer, and build it. What do you think?

SoFi-Stadium-Videoboard-2-scaled.jpg
Seems like an overreach. And more indicative of warm weather locations. Personally, I don't like it at all.

Latest posts

Back