• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Indoor practice facility

It is a common perception that MSU currently has a recruiting advantage. If they are able to get this permanent indoor practice facility to become reality in the near future that advantage will increase exponentially. Other than continuing their recent dominance of the rivalry I can't I think of a single more impactful advantage.
For the sake of the current Griz players I sincerely hope they can get the temporary indoor practice facility functional before the cold weather hits this season. It will most certainly elevate the chances of a strong finish in conference play and the playoffs but it is unlikely to offset the positive effects of the facility the Bobcats are planning.

Wow. SDS (Streak Derangement Syndrome) is a real thing. Like some DSM-5 diagnosis.

Look at how desperate these 40yro bubcat trolls are getting from the ptsd of big bro’s beatings. Dude’s got so many accounts, he has to pretend to be from another BSC school

MSU needs a better indoor facility, because their bad weather season is longer, colder and has more snow. Athletes don’t chose schools based on indoor practice facilities. If MSU’s goal was to get better athletes, they would put that money into NIL.

mthoopsfan said:
MSU needs a better indoor facility, because their bad weather season is longer, colder and has more snow. Athletes don’t chose schools based on indoor practice facilities. If MSU’s goal was to get better athletes, they would put that money into NIL.

Yes right-on the bad weather season is longer in Bozeman. The need for the indoor facility comes into play in late season so they can get practices in. Last year for the playoffs, the field was frozen. Made it really difficult to prepare, especially for the South Dakota State game. Also, like this year for Spring ball, it has been hard getting practices in with all the snow. I think having really good facilities does have some impact on recruiting but you are right, NIL is probably the biggest factor right now.

bigsky33 said:
Wolf777 said:
Please let it be the same group that designed some of your other infamous facility covers.

It appears their facilities are attracting student athlete recruits and students overall. Enrollment is doing great.

Don’t confuse good taste for the absence of taste.

mthoopsfan said:
Who put up the bucks, apparently all private, for the Indoor Practice Facility? I assume some was peeled off from the GSA, but most of it couldn't have been.

Went to the groundbreaking today. The Washington brothers put up 3 Million. QB Club 2 Million. Another 2 million from peons like me. The balance is paid by a loan and will be paid off by facility rentals.

maroonandsilver said:
mthoopsfan said:
Who put up the bucks, apparently all private, for the Indoor Practice Facility? I assume some was peeled off from the GSA, but most of it couldn't have been.

Went to the groundbreaking today. The Washington brothers put up 3 Million. QB Club 2 Million. Another 2 million from peons like me. The balance is paid by a loan and will be paid off by facility rentals.

Thx for the info. No GSA money? QB Club?

mthoopsfan said:
maroonandsilver said:

Hey hoops, bolded above where it looks like 2 million from QB Club - though I haven't seen an official break-down anywhere.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hey hoops, bolded above where it looks like 2 million from QB Club - though I haven't seen an official break-down anywhere.

Yes, saw that, but wondered if it was accurate. Thx.

mthoopsfan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

GSA is the one who took out the loan.

mthoopsfan said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

That's what Haslam told the crowd at the ground breaking.

BDizzle said:
mthoopsfan said:

GSA is the one who took out the loan.

Correct Washington's put up 3 mil, QB club put up 2 mil. Small donors put up 2.5 mil-ish. Overage was guaranteed by GSA loan with rental revenues exceeding expectations. Rental income will pay back GSA loan plus. Increase in QB club membership made this possible plus so much more like meals, summer school, offensive and defensive analysts. There are 3 areas to put your money right now. GSA is one. Our strong GSA balance sheet is what allowed us to cover the extra costs for the indoor practice facility. There are many ways to donate to GSA. The easiest and most pain free is get the GSA license plate. For less than a dinner out, that could lead to nearly a million a year. It is included when you relicense your vehicle. It is HUGE for the GSA. Also, go to spring banquet's golf events or whatever is in or near your community. Bid on something. Buy a ticket to the meal. Golf with coaches. Have some drinks at the GSA tailgate. The people that sell you tickets, sling the beer, and take care of the area are volunteers who do it to make the Griz money.

Secondly. Join the QB club, roundball club, lady griz roundball club. Those funds go directly to what the coaches see as greatest need.

Finally and probably most importantly right now. Make a monthly or even a one time donation to the collective. I think it is goodolgrizzlies.org. I spoke to Haslam last week and he said "absolutely donate!" It is early and will evolve, but there has to be money for the coaches to say, "Yes!, If you come here, there is NIL money." From what I hear, we are behind MSU right now with money in the collective, but if we make a united effort, (even for small amounts for now), I know griz fans will crush it.

Reminder. Look at this web site. https://upwithmontana.com/ for your local GSA event this spring. Go to it. Spend money. After expenses, 100 percent goes to the GSA. They are all volunteer organizations giving time and energy for their love of the griz!

Oldschoolhornet said:
It is a common perception that MSU currently has a recruiting advantage. If they are able to get this permanent indoor practice facility to become reality in the near future that advantage will increase exponentially. Other than continuing their recent dominance of the rivalry I can't I think of a single more impactful advantage.
For the sake of the current Griz players I sincerely hope they can get the temporary indoor practice facility functional before the cold weather hits this season. It will most certainly elevate the chances of a strong finish in conference play and the playoffs but it is unlikely to offset the positive effects of the facility the Bobcats are planning.

It is not a common perception that MSU has a recruiting advantage. And they don’t. Get out of here with your BS.

Hey Hoops you pretend to be a man of affluence and influence but you can’t make an indoor practice facility happen. Get out of here with your BS.

Hoops saying that recruits/athletes don’t make decisions to attend universities with regard to facilities such as indoor practice fields is one of the most ridiculous statements you have ever made. NIL is a huge source of inducement but only a small portion of college football players are receiving significant money. 100% of college football players use the training facilities. If facilities don’t matter why are all the top college football programs in America participating in an arms race to have the newest and best facilities?

Info on status of Cats' facility (4/19/23 article):

"In Montana State's 20-year Athletics Master Plan that was unveiled in 2017, an indoor facility was originally pictured in renderings on the western side of Dyche Field.

In the original proposal, the 'estimated 150,000 to 160,000 square feet' indoor facility would include several amenities:

However, the amenities included will be contingent on construction costs and donations received.

“When we design it there will be a base building, which includes the 100 yards of turf, but then if we want to expand, based on donations, we would be able to do that during the design process," Costello explained. "I think really the sky is the limit, but it’s the limit based on fundraising.”

Costello shared that the university is close to hiring an architect, so once the construction documents are finalized by the firm that is ultimately selected, the bid for a contractor will follow.

Once a contractor is hired, that will give the university an idea on how much the indoor facility will cost and the amount that will need to be fundraised.

There is not currently a public campaign for the indoor facility, however, Costello shared the university is doing 'very well fundraising' and will share more details with the community once they have the final documents to start breaking ground."

https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-state-bobcats/montana-state-continues-to-make-ground-on-an-indoor-performance-facility?_amp=true

Please remind me...are they putting the foundation down for a permanent structure, then doing the bubble initially, then eventually taking it down to build the permanent structure? or are they at 2 different locations?

Back