• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I hate the Portal

SaskGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
A school of English grammarians:

https://grammarhow.com/these-data-or-this-data/

Take, tsk...
Good try, the uncommon singularity of these date is forgivable, you caught that vine Tarzan. You plummeted into the crocodiles when you proceeded to treat your singular with "are wrong" rather than "is wrong" and everything in the clause beyond the word wrong is completely authentic frontier gibberish. Go Canes!

These data are is plural. This data is would be singular. Even north or the 49th. See what I did?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
SaskGriz said:
Good try, the uncommon singularity of these date is forgivable, you caught that vine Tarzan. You plummeted into the crocodiles when you proceeded to treat your singular with "are wrong" rather than "is wrong" and everything in the clause beyond the word wrong is completely authentic frontier gibberish. Go Canes!

These data are is plural. This data is would be singular. Even north or the 49th. See what I did?
"The reason these data are wrong is my own family complaining about the inverse pyramid effect today; e.g., electrical engineers straight out of college are being paid more than the senior engineers who often have a master's degree in engineering. "

I'm only doing this because the baseball is between innings and you are a troll, plus the Griz don't play and it's a long weekend up here. On that note, in the King's English we would say "Even north OF the 49th" rather than "Even north OR the 49th" but that point is probably moo. ;)

You can use these data as a singular or plural, it's rarely used as a singular but still technically correct. Either way "The reason these data are wrong is my own family complaining about the inverse pyramid effect today;" is incomprehensible.

SaskGriz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
"The reason these data are wrong is my own family complaining about the inverse pyramid effect today; e.g., electrical engineers straight out of college are being paid more than the senior engineers who often have a master's degree in engineering. "

I'm only doing this because the baseball is between innings and you are a troll, plus the Griz don't play and it's a long weekend up here. On that note, in the King's English we would say "Even north OF the 49th" rather than "Even north OR the 49th" but that point is probably moo. ;)

You can use these data as a singular or plural, it's rarely used as a singular but still technically correct. Either way "The reason these data are wrong is my own family complaining about the inverse pyramid effect today;" is incomprehensible.

Yep. I feel for you. 38 million in that land mass and when you do get together all you tend to do is argue. Eh?

And yes, I understand this may in fact be difficult for you. I assumed, and I know all about assumptions, one would understand this concept I was first exposed to (and didn't at the time) in the late 70s and early 80s at Command and General Staff at Fort Leavenworth. We knew it as inverse pyramid.

https://www.trig.com/tangents/leadership-and-the-inverted-pyramid

Many railing against the changes in how we are taking care of kids today would much rather subject kids to this treatment still today.

https://youtu.be/uZaOFTp5_C8

Anyway, y'all have a good day.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
SaskGriz said:

Yep. I feel for you. 38 million in that land mass and when you do get together all you tend to do is argue. Eh?

And yes, I understand this may in fact be difficult for you. I assumed, and I know all about assumptions, one would understand this concept I was first exposed to (and didn't at the time) in the late 70s and early 80s at Command and General Staff at Fort Leavenworth. We knew it as inverse pyramid.

Many railing against the changes in how we are taking care of kids today would much rather subject kids to this treatment still today.

Touche?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
SaskGriz said:

Pretty sure this is exactly what Bobby sounds like in the locker room after a loss :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
And yeah, we are rolling over everyone. We have just 13 losses in 10 years. We’ve been in 9 of the last 13 national title games and won 6 of those. It might be a bit hyperbolic, but I’d say we’re rolling over everybody.

Might want to slow your roll this year, bro….a 25 point spread and they won on a last second FG….much like the Griz winning by 8 when favored by 35. Now we know there’s NO chance Griz or Bama win titles this year. :lol:

Care to talk about Texas today? That win for my Tide ain’t looking so bad right about now.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Might want to slow your roll this year, bro….a 25 point spread and they won on a last second FG….much like the Griz winning by 8 when favored by 35. Now we know there’s NO chance Griz or Bama win titles this year. :lol:

Care to talk about Texas today? That win for my Tide ain’t looking so bad right about now.

Texas got beat by Texas TECH. That’s all you need to know about Alabama’s 1 point win. TECH beat them.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
🧐. They’re looking good today. Might get a top 25 win if they can finish

Last two weeks have looked identical. 3 great quarters, run out of steam in the 4th. Best 3-3 team in the country. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:

Last two weeks have looked identical. 3 great quarters, run out of steam in the 4th. Best 3-3 team in the country. :lol:

My tide about gave me a heart attack tonight. God damnit that was close

Back