• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Good is Trey Lance?

California, my ass. The dude need to step away from the computer for a while. I heard the a.q.i. in beautiful buttte mt is at 54 today. Needs to go for a walk and get some "good air" https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

braves84 said:
California, my ass. The dude need to step away from the computer for a while. I heard the a.q.i. in beautiful buttte mt is at 54 today. Needs to go for a walk and get some "good air" https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

Haha!

https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

braves84 said:
https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

What’re your thoughts about my decision making on #18 today? The conventional wisdom is to lay up to a full shot, but I’ve been trying to get more aggressive because, when you look at the data, proximity begets proximity, if you will. Of course, that gets thrown out when you rinse it, but you still have a chance at par. I didn’t get it up and down, so it kind of bugged me all day at the beach. I mean, it wasn’t like a 4 would’ve been a world beater because I was already +3, but 74 would’ve made me feel better than 76. I don’t know how to play that hole for the life of me.

CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:

What’re your thoughts about my decision making on #18 today? The conventional wisdom is to lay up to a full shot, but I’ve been trying to get more aggressive because, when you look at the data, proximity begets proximity, if you will. Of course, that gets thrown out when you rinse it, but you still have a chance at par. I didn’t get it up and down, so it kind of bugged me all day at the beach. I mean, it wasn’t like a 4 would’ve been a world beater because I was already +3, but 74 would’ve made me feel better than 76. I don’t know how to play that hole for the life of me.

Balls to the walls....go big or go home...

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Agreed. Layups are for pussies.

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking. It makes sense.

I was kinda wondering what our Bizon Brethren Triumvirate thought about it, but they clearly don’t care at all about what I think or do. Not one bit. Not at all. Honestly. Just ask them.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Lol I could give two flying f###[#] less what a Californian thinks. The fact that you elect to live in that shit hole proves that you have questionable ability to make good decisions.

I do enjoy telling you that you are wrong. It’s easy and fun to do.

Nope; you don’t care at all about what I think. I can tell. :lol: :lol:
I like your style CDA, and that’s coming from a guy who’s from butte America. You do know how to get our bison friends to rise. It’s amazing what you can do with a false cast and a 3 lb. tippet. Right on :thumb: :clap:

Dutch Lane said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I like your style CDA, and that’s coming from a guy who’s from butte America. You do know how to get our bison friends to rise. It’s amazing what you can do with a false cast and a 3 lb. tippet. Right on :thumb: :clap:
Or vice versa.🙃

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

Agreed. Layups are for pussies.

I have to get there mentally. I just can’t get myself to go from 230+ when it’s over, about, 220 carry. But, then, I probably make just as many 5s with a flip wedge as I would if I just dumped it in a green side bunker and took my chances. Today was different. It was a green light, but I just didn’t execute. That’s on me.

Dutch Lane said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That guy doesn’t fish.

When he does come back from California , I am guessing Buster brings a red Folgers coffee can to the pickup truck.

Then again, there are a lot of douche bags who fly fish.....

I’m just thankful he’s not a Montanan.

Have you ever given any thought to leaving your smoke pole in the bag like TB12? I ve been told if you can’t really control your driver you might shoot a better score on a particular hole if you use your butter knives and swing for distance/control/placement like TB12. What have you got to lose, I mean it’s TB12 dude.

AZ and Box, so here’s the weird thing: If I have around 235 to a par 5 pin without water in front, I’m going every time. I’m not crazy long, or anything. I’m a mid 150s ball speed guy with the lumber. But, I’ll go when I can go. The problem is this MF’er of a short par 5 at my club, #18. The green complex is just stupid hard to hit a long club into, but I’m constantly hitting high-spin turds in there when I lay up. Literally, like 78-yarders that back up 25 feet because the prevailing wind off the coast is into the player. I’m making 5s like they’re candy when I lay up, but that doesn’t get you anything in the long run. Do I go and risk the 6 for a chance at 3 or 4? I guess I have to. There’s never any real money on the line, but I like to post the lowest number I can. Need you two to come down and see the hole, maybe.

Dutch Lane said:
Have you ever given any thought to leaving your smoke pole in the bag like TB12? I ve been told if you can’t really control your driver you might shoot a better score on a particular hole if you use your butter knives and swing for distance/control/placement like TB12. What have you got to lose, I mean it’s TB12 dude.

Thanks, Dutch. The lumber isn’t the issue; that goes just fine. It’s my decision making and execution on 18 that cost me shop credit. I’ll lay up, stupidly throw it above the hole, and have zero chance at 4. Or, I’ll have a 25-footer up the hill, which has no chance of going in.

braves84 said:
California, my ass. The dude need to step away from the computer for a while. I heard the a.q.i. in beautiful buttte mt is at 54 today. Needs to go for a walk and get some "good air" https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

i am in california today. aqi where i am at is 27.

argh! said:
braves84 said:

There is nothing wrong with Butte. Cheap to live there. Outdoor opportunities are plentiful. It may not have the cultural scene of a Missoula or Bozeman, but I’d take living there at 1/3 the price and drive to go see concerts etc.

California on the other hand....cesspool of the United States. You couldn’t pay me enough money to live there and deal with the politics.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Ya this is prime example of your lack of football education. You are right.....a guy who throws for 28 TD’s against no picks, has over 1,000 rushing yards and 14 rushing TD’s, leads the FCS in passer rating, wins the Jerry Rice award, wins the Walter Payton award and is viewed, by essentially every draft analyst, as a top 3 QB next year, in the NFL draft, isn’t elite.....lmfao

Unproven passer who had the highest QB rating in the FCS last year, had a season where he didn’t throw a pick, and is universally acclaimed by the draft guys as having A.) an incredibly strong arm B.) having supreme accuracy and C.) being light years ahead of his competition in terms of pre-snap reads and going through progressions.

I think it just bothers you how good the guy is.

I didn’t read any of that, and I think Trey Lance is very overrated. He’s basically Seneca Wallace, but not good enough to play FBS.

CDA flickin these bison fans nipples is the most entertaining thing on eGriz since sports come to a crashing end. Keep it up CDA, you and their comical reactions make me laugh.😄😄

CDAGRIZ said:
braves84 said:

Just for context, Jim Nance on the call? Ferherty inside the ropes & the Walrus making side bets? Asking for a friend. Speaking of Feherty, “It’s hard to tell who’s going to win this week, but it won’t be a big, fat guy.”

He’ll be in any discussion where Lawrence and Fields are discussed. You’d not be doing your homework otherwise.

2011BisonAlumni said:
argh! said:

There is nothing wrong with Butte. Cheap to live there. Outdoor opportunities are plentiful. It may not have the cultural scene of a Missoula or Bozeman, but I’d take living there at 1/3 the price and drive to go see concerts etc.

California on the other hand....cesspool of the United States. You couldn’t pay me enough money to live there and deal with the politics.

Yeah, it sounds like California might not be for you, bru. I’m a little bit concerned about what your post is going to do coastal property values, though. People are going to read it and back out of escrow.

Back