• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Good is Trey Lance?

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
They're wrong, in my opinion. He's maybe in the top 20 FCS QBs I've seen. Nobody has seen him pass very much. Unproven. Has a tendency to lock onto receivers. Serviceable, but not yet elite by any means.

Ya this is prime example of your lack of football education. You are right.....a guy who throws for 28 TD’s against no picks, has over 1,000 rushing yards and 14 rushing TD’s, leads the FCS in passer rating, wins the Jerry Rice award, wins the Walter Payton award and is viewed, by essentially every draft analyst, as a top 3 QB next year, in the NFL draft, isn’t elite.....lmfao

Unproven passer who had the highest QB rating in the FCS last year, had a season where he didn’t throw a pick, and is universally acclaimed by the draft guys as having A.) an incredibly strong arm B.) having supreme accuracy and C.) being light years ahead of his competition in terms of pre-snap reads and going through progressions.

I think it just bothers you how good the guy is.

I didn’t read any of that, and I think Trey Lance is very overrated. He’s basically Seneca Wallace, but not good enough to play FBS.

It's hard in a way to evaluate Lance because he has the best players around him, pretty much every game. Elite defense, so he doesn't have to win games. Just has to not lose them. It's vastly different than what, Sneed had to deal with. Sneed had to win games. Lance didn't.

He's clearly talented, but he doesn't have the pressure that other QB's do. The Oregon game will be but for him. I think he's a really good QB, but top 3 in the draft? I'm skeptical..

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Ya this is prime example of your lack of football education. You are right.....a guy who throws for 28 TD’s against no picks, has over 1,000 rushing yards and 14 rushing TD’s, leads the FCS in passer rating, wins the Jerry Rice award, wins the Walter Payton award and is viewed, by essentially every draft analyst, as a top 3 QB next year, in the NFL draft, isn’t elite.....lmfao

Unproven passer who had the highest QB rating in the FCS last year, had a season where he didn’t throw a pick, and is universally acclaimed by the draft guys as having A.) an incredibly strong arm B.) having supreme accuracy and C.) being light years ahead of his competition in terms of pre-snap reads and going through progressions.

I think it just bothers you how good the guy is.

I didn’t read any of that, and I think Trey Lance is very overrated. He’s basically Seneca Wallace, but not good enough to play FBS.

Besides being black, and mobile, I don't see how that's a worthwhile comparison.

PTGrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Besides being black, and mobile, I don't see how that's a worthwhile comparison.

Uh, quarterback, Midwest, overhyped, slow reads, strongish arm, locks onto one receiver, gonna be a career backup.
Yeah, no similarities at all...and stop it with the race BS. It has no place here. Smh.

He’s a system quarterback who has demonstrated he can be a solid game manager. Needs to improve his hand size.

You know what sucks? I’ve been laying up on 18 for the last few months. It’s kind of a peninsula green par 5, but it’s definitely reachable in 2 if you drive it about 275, it just rarely makes sense because the green isn’t receptive to something coming in flat from 230. So, anyway, this morning I crushed one off the tee and only had 205 carry, 218 flag. Finally decided to give it a go, and rinsed a 5 wood pin high left.

I didn’t even go into the press tent afterward.

PTGrizzly said:
It's hard in a way to evaluate Lance because he has the best players around him, pretty much every game. Elite defense, so he doesn't have to win games. Just has to not lose them. It's vastly different than what, Sneed had to deal with. Sneed had to win games. Lance didn't.

He's clearly talented, but he doesn't have the pressure that other QB's do. The Oregon game will be but for him. I think he's a really good QB, but top 3 in the draft? I'm skeptical..

LMFAO....Sneed lost games by being a turnover machine. They aren’t even in the same discussion

CDAGRIZ said:
PTGrizzly said:

Uh, quarterback, Midwest, overhyped, slow reads, strongish arm, locks onto one receiver, gonna be a career backup.
Yeah, no similarities at all...and stop it with the race BS. It has no place here. Smh.

Whether or not you want to admit it, the fact that he can run and is black set a narrative in your small brain that he can’t pass. It’s either racist or retarded.

Criticism of a passer who leads his division in passer rating might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Whether or not you want to admit it, the fact that he can run and is black set a narrative in your small brain that he can’t pass. It’s either racist or retarded.

Criticism of a passer who leads his division in passer rating might be the dumbest thing I’ve seen.

Didn’t say he couldn’t pass, just that nobody knows if he can yet.
Stupid comment by you. Very ignorant If you read it. Pretty much disgusted by it the more I read it.

Paytonlives said:
3rd round at best... More likely 4th
You are crazy. Top 10 pick overall. Most likely third QB off the board, 2nd overall QB is possible. Not jumping Lawrence.

Better than Wentz

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Stupid comment by you. Very ignorant If you read it. Pretty much disgusted by it the more I read it.

He threw the ball 287 times last year, completing 192 passes for 2,768 yards and had 28 TD passes against 0 picks.

If nobody knew, he wouldn’t be projected as a high first round pick next year.

His anticipation, timing, accuracy, arm strength and decision making are off the charts. Very rare for a QB to go through multiple progressions like he does and have the ability to read defenses like he does.

The “system” you talk about is extremely demanding and requires a very good QB.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

He threw the ball 287 times last year, completing 192 passes for 2,768 yards and had 28 TD passes against 0 picks.

His anticipation, timing, accuracy, arm strength and decision making are off the charts. Very rare for a QB to go through multiple progressions like he does and have the ability to read defenses like he does.

Yeah, he just doesn’t have it in my mind. Could end up being decent, but I don’t see an NFL starter. Doesn’t have the throws for it.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Yeah, he just doesn’t have it in my mind. Could end up being decent, but I don’t see an NFL starter. Doesn’t have the throws for it.

Coming from the same guy who said Carson Wentz would be a bust like Ryan Leaf in the NFL haha.

Fucking typical Californian living in la la land. Shit for brains.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Coming from the same guy who said Carson Wentz would be a bust like Ryan Leaf in the NFL haha.

Fucking typical Californian living in la la land. Shit for brains.

K, cool. You can care what I think, or not care what I think. Which one would you say you’ve chosen?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

f###[#] typical Californian living in la la land. Shit for brains.

K, cool. You can care what I think, or not care what I think. Which one would you say you’ve chosen?

Lol I could give two flying fucks less what a Californian thinks. The fact that you elect to live in that shit hole proves that you have questionable ability to make good decisions.

I do enjoy telling you that you are wrong. It’s easy and fun to do.

California, my ass. The dude need to step away from the computer for a while. I heard the a.q.i. in beautiful buttte mt is at 54 today. Needs to go for a walk and get some "good air" https://www.google.com/search?q=butte+mt+video&oq=butte+mt+video&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10168j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Lol I could give two flying fucks less what a Californian thinks. The fact that you elect to live in that shit hole proves that you have questionable ability to make good decisions.

I do enjoy telling you that you are wrong. It’s easy and fun to do.

Nope; you don’t care at all about what I think. I can tell. :lol: :lol:

Back