• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Good is Trey Lance?

CDAGRIZ said:
jlambertum said:
Fourth round? Why do all of the pundits say 1st?

I have to say in watching him play last year, he’s arguably the best FCS QB I’ve seen.

They're wrong, in my opinion. He's maybe in the top 20 FCS QBs I've seen. Nobody has seen him pass very much. Unproven. Has a tendency to lock onto receivers. Serviceable, but not yet elite by any means.

He lead the FCS in passer efficiency...,
And didn’t throw a pick

Weak arguments dude

Guy is a baller and not sure why you are such a hater. Hope he succeeds at the next level.

CDAGRIZ said:
Fourth rounder. He's likely a career NFL backup, which is a good living, unless forced into action somewhere. I'd also worry about durability given the program's reputation for churning out QBs who can't seem to stay healthy as pros.

Extactly. I follow ALL top rated QBs and I didn't even bother to watch Lunce last year. If I don't watch 'em, they ain't great.

SoldierGriz said:
jlambertum said:
Fourth round? Why do all of the pundits say 1st?

I have to say in watching him play last year, he’s arguably the best FCS QB I’ve seen.

Well, you’re gonna get an argument on this board...

Too young to know DD, I assume.

Ya bro I am.

But I didn’t see DD compete against the athletes the FCS has today. Or throw no picks. Or lead a team to an undefeated season. Or get drafted(at least be viewed as) in the first round of the NFL Draft. Or lead the FCS in passer efficiency. Or run for 14 TD’s and over 1,000 yards......

jlambertum said:
SoldierGriz said:

Ya bro I am.

But I didn’t see DD compete against the athletes the FCS has today. Or throw no picks. Or lead a team to an undefeated season. Or get drafted(at least be viewed as) in the first round of the NFL Draft. Or lead the FCS in passer efficiency. Or run for 14 TD’s and over 1,000 yards......
UM student, eh bro? ;)

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:
They're wrong, in my opinion. He's maybe in the top 20 FCS QBs I've seen. Nobody has seen him pass very much. Unproven. Has a tendency to lock onto receivers. Serviceable, but not yet elite by any means.

Ya not sure what you are talking about.

He lead the FCS in passer rating efficiency last year .....which is why he won the Payton

28 TD’s, no picks . 67% completion percentage and 181 QB rating....but he can’t pass?

Think that is pretty illogical. The one comment consistently you hear is his accuracy and arm strength. He tore up MSU dude....

Listen, labrumtear, I haven't seen enough out of him to say he'll be a good QB in the NFL, or that he's in the top 10-15 FCS QBs all time. Top 25, maybe.

jlambertum said:
SoldierGriz said:

Ya bro I am.

:lol: :lol: You definitely don't go to UM :lol:

Berkeley_Griz said:
jlambertum said:
Ya bro I am.

UM student, eh bro? ;)

Fargo. Basement. Dweller. Lance is a fine player. But anyone who would disrespect a member of the college football HOF on the message board of his Alma-mater, student or not, won’t get an invite to the lake house. FTL.

“Today’s day.” Hopefully you’ll get into get into that remedial English class you’re in such desperate need of. We’ve been trolled by a whole lot better than you. :lol:

bgbigdog said:
Berkeley_Griz said:
UM student, eh bro? ;)

Fargo. Basement. Dweller. Lance is a fine player. But anyone who would disrespect a member of the college football HOF on the message board of his Alma-mater, student or not, won’t get an invite to the lake house. FTL.

“Today’s day.” Hopefully you’ll get into get into that remedial English class you’re in such desperate need of. We’ve been trolled by a whole lot better than you. :lol:

Do they do basements in Fargo? It’s always cankled me as more of a guest room town, unless elevators are involved.

jlambertum said:
SoldierGriz said:

Ya bro I am.

I haven't seen Lance beat a team, long since FBS, in their own house for the NC.

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:

And didn’t throw a pick

Weak arguments dude

Guy is a baller and not sure why you are such a hater. Hope he succeeds at the next level.
Hang around for 2 seconds, you'll figure it out. He Lives vicariously through here as a frustrated comedian from Butte Montana.

braves84 said:
jlambertum said:
And didn’t throw a pick

Weak arguments dude

Hang around for 2 seconds, you'll figure it out. He Lives vicariously through here as a frustrated comedian from Butte Montana.

Yep, that’s me. Butte, MT, born and raised. Couldn’t quite make it on the pro comedy circuit despite all my well-documented attempts.

Now what? Keep desperately seeking validation on eGriz.com, or do something else?

braves84 said:
jlambertum said:
And didn’t throw a pick

Weak arguments dude

Try to check back by the end of the night, he's on 24/7.

braves84 said:
braves84 said:

You know you have to be on here to post on here, right?

bgbigdog said:
Berkeley_Griz said:
UM student, eh bro? ;)

:lol:

braves84 said:
braves84 said:

Let me help you boys out with a link to a message board where they might actually give two fvcks:

www.icantfitintomystadiumseat.com

Also, while you're surfing, you may wish to check out this site and begin adding some heart-healthy choices into your lives:

www.heart.org

uofmman1122 said:
jlambertum said:
Ya bro I am.

Wow. Man this is why the students hardly go on this site. Reputation for lunatics Hahahaha.

5th generation Montanan and third generation UM student. Good try dude.

Da Boyz Mom said:
He's a redshirt sophomore FCS quarterback. Why is anyone even talking about him getting drafted yet?

Because he will be a junior after next season (same as Trevor Lawrence) and every pundit is speculating he will come out early.

Not sure why everyone is getting so wound up here. He’s a phenomenal QB....regardless of who he plays for.

Im sticking with 3rd or 4th round...

Until they play Oregon. If he goes off then he moves up a round, if he has a crappy day he falls to 5th or 6th

jlambertum said:
uofmman1122 said:

Wow. Man this is why the students hardly go on this site. Reputation for lunatics Hahahaha.

5th generation Montanan and third generation UM student. Good try dude.

I can relate. I’m a fifth generation NDSU student and sixth generation astronaut.

Back