• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Good is Trey Lance?

jlambertum said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
He's a redshirt sophomore FCS quarterback. Why is anyone even talking about him getting drafted yet?

Because he will be a junior after next season (same as Trevor Lawrence) and every pundit is speculating he will come out early.

Not sure why everyone is getting so wound up here. He’s a phenomenal QB....regardless of who he plays for.

It's way too early to make anything other than wild-a** guesses.

Da Boyz Mom said:
jlambertum said:
Because he will be a junior after next season (same as Trevor Lawrence) and every pundit is speculating he will come out early.

Not sure why everyone is getting so wound up here. He’s a phenomenal QB....regardless of who he plays for.

You’ll hurt some feelings with this, but you’re right. The next questions are: Can the fats handle a differing opinion?; When it’s proven that they can’t, what will the response be?; Is it OK to drink ranch dressing?; and, If so, how many quarts over two is too many? The answers to these questions, and more, are forthcoming.

EverettGriz said:
braves84 said:
Try to check back by the end of the night, he's on 24/7.

Let me help you boys out with a link to a message board where they might actually give two fvcks:

www.icantfitintomystadiumseat.com

Also, while you're surfing, you may wish to check out this site and begin adding some heart-healthy choices into your lives:

www.heart.org

:lol: :clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

You’ll hurt some feelings with this, but you’re right. The next questions are: Can the fats handle a differing opinion?; When it’s proven that they can’t, what will the response be?; Is it OK to drink ranch dressing?; and, If so, how many quarts over two is too many? The answers to these questions, and more, are forthcoming.

I'm waiting with bated breath for the answers - about the ranch dressing of course - because the Bison thought police will be here to reprogram our opinions on their program in 3...2...1...

CDAGRIZ said:
jlambertum said:
Wow. Man this is why the students hardly go on this site. Reputation for lunatics Hahahaha.

5th generation Montanan and third generation UM student. Good try dude.

I can relate. I’m a fifth generation NDSU student and sixth generation astronaut.

Born and raised in Missoula Montana.

Where are you from and where do you live loudmouth?

Paytonlives said:
Im sticking with 3rd or 4th round...

Until they play Oregon. If he goes off then he moves up a round, if he has a crappy day he falls to 5th or 6th

Just curious why you say 3/4 round when all of the draft guys are saying 1st round ?

CDAGRIZ said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

:lol:

jlambertum said:
Paytonlives said:
Im sticking with 3rd or 4th round...

Until they play Oregon. If he goes off then he moves up a round, if he has a crappy day he falls to 5th or 6th

Just curious why you say 3/4 round when all of the draft guys are saying 1st round ?

Cus jumping on the bandwagon is easy, especially on something so far out in the future. This is the equivalent of picking future heisman winners from the incoming Fr class. Let’s see what they’re saying in Jan-Mar of ‘21 before everyone gets too excited.

CDAGRIZ said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Why are you calling people fat? I don’t get it. It makes you look uneducated and is a poor representation of the fan base. Grow up dude.

The funniest thing about your opinion is you called a guy, who lead the FCS in passer rating and threw no picks, a bad passer.

Hate to break it to you dude, but this guy is deadly. Has one of the nicest deep balls I’ve seen and is very accurate.

Wish we could get one QB through UM like this. It seems like the Bison get whoever the heck they want and the QB play is undeniable for their success.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRODmLBT5G0

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I can relate. I’m a fifth generation NDSU student and sixth generation astronaut.

I don’t live loudmouth anywhere. I’m from Butte, or CDA, or Fargo, depending on which incorrect person you ask. Been living on the ISS lately. It’s kind of a sixth generation astronaut thing. It’s complicated.

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Why are you calling people fat? I don’t get it. It makes you look uneducated and is a poor representation of the fan base. Grow up dude.

The funniest thing about your opinion is you called a guy, who lead the FCS in passer rating and threw no picks, a bad passer.

Hate to break it to you dude, but this guy is deadly. Has one of the nicest deep balls I’ve seen and is very accurate.

Wish we could get one QB through UM like this. It seems like the Bison get whoever the heck they want and the QB play is undeniable for their success.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRODmLBT5G0

I was thinking about this when I plotted my route through the Sea of Tranquility, but the Lunar Rover didn’t have the suspension capabilities, so we had to abort that one.

CDAGRIZ said:
jlambertum said:

I don’t live loudmouth anywhere. I’m from Butte, or CDA, or Fargo, depending on which incorrect person you ask. Been living on the ISS lately. It’s kind of a sixth generation astronaut thing. It’s complicated.

Do you aren’t a Montanan?

Got it. All I needed to know.

Guessing you are a Washington/Oregon/California dude based on your pompous attitude.

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Guessing you are a Washington/Oregon/California dude based on your pompous attitude.

Do stew not never now, then? For have not been biscuit?
Gotta try harder on the burners.
It’s almost like you don’t think we can see it.

CDAGRIZ said:
jlambertum said:

I’m not stewing nor will I argue with some loud mouthed Californication wannabe who paints a bad picture for Griz fans. People like you are the reason I typically avoid sites like this.

I asked a simple question about a football player, on a football forum. Not sure if Trey Lance fucked your wife or something, but you are being a dickhead.

Grow up.

jlambertum said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I’m not stewing nor will I argue with some loud mouthed Californication wannabe who paints a bad picture for Griz fans. People like you are the reason I typically avoid sites like this.

I asked a simple question about a football player, on a football forum. Not sure if Trey Lance fucked your wife or something, but you are being a dickhead.

Grow up.

K, cool, maul’em. At least you admitted it.

CDAGRIZ said:
jlambertum said:

wait a minute... you live on the iss too? which wing? i'm right here in 3 eswn!

CDAGRIZ said:
jlambertum said:
Fourth round? Why do all of the pundits say 1st?

I have to say in watching him play last year, he’s arguably the best FCS QB I’ve seen.

They're wrong, in my opinion. He's maybe in the top 20 FCS QBs I've seen. Nobody has seen him pass very much. Unproven. Has a tendency to lock onto receivers. Serviceable, but not yet elite by any means.

Ya this is prime example of your lack of football education. You are right.....a guy who throws for 28 TD’s against no picks, has over 1,000 rushing yards and 14 rushing TD’s, leads the FCS in passer rating, wins the Jerry Rice award, wins the Walter Payton award and is viewed, by essentially every draft analyst, as a top 3 QB next year, in the NFL draft, isn’t elite.....lmfao

Unproven passer who had the highest QB rating in the FCS last year, had a season where he didn’t throw a pick, and is universally acclaimed by the draft guys as having A.) an incredibly strong arm B.) having supreme accuracy and C.) being light years ahead of his competition in terms of pre-snap reads and going through progressions.

I think it just bothers you how good the guy is.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
They're wrong, in my opinion. He's maybe in the top 20 FCS QBs I've seen. Nobody has seen him pass very much. Unproven. Has a tendency to lock onto receivers. Serviceable, but not yet elite by any means.

Ya this is prime example of your lack of football education. You are right.....a guy who throws for 28 TD’s against no picks, has over 1,000 rushing yards and 14 rushing TD’s, leads the FCS in passer rating, wins the Jerry Rice award, wins the Walter Payton award and is viewed, by essentially every draft analyst, as a top 3 QB next year, in the NFL draft, isn’t elite.....lmfao

Unproven passer who had the highest QB rating in the FCS last year, had a season where he didn’t throw a pick, and is universally acclaimed by the draft guys as having A.) an incredibly strong arm B.) having supreme accuracy and C.) being light years ahead of his competition in terms of pre-snap reads and going through progressions.

i saw him play. he gets by because the line he is behind is very good, and he is physically bigger and faster than most fcs players, something that won't happen in the nfl or even some college conferences. as for passing, he throws a good ball but seems to make very slow decisions, and doesn't get the ball out very quickly, which he doesn't need to, because he has time to figure out what is going on. i'd say he'd be a project pick at this stage.

argh! said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

i saw him play. he gets by because the line he is behind is very good, and he is physically bigger and faster than most fcs players, something that won't happen in the nfl or even some college conferences. as for passing, he throws a good ball but seems to make very slow decisions, and doesn't get the ball out very quickly, which he doesn't need to, because he has time to figure out what is going on. i'd say he'd be a project pick at this stage.

Really think it is hard to criticize a guy for decision making ability when he doesn’t throw a pick.

I think he’s pretty methodical in moving through reads. It’s rare for a QB to do that well in college, let alone as a redshirt freshman.

Latest posts

Back