• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck contract extension

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
It's easy to understand a president or chancellor of a medical school being the highest paid. After that - I don't know. What we value just seems "off" when looking at coaching salaries...especially when compared to what our teachers (not necessarily professors) make. But, I get it.

It's about traceable market value, which is a term I made up for the purpose of this post. A coach who gets results generates more revenue for the school/state. In very simple terms, that revenue is relatively traceable to that coach. "Look what I did, it's right there year over year."

With teachers, it's impossible to prove. Sure, the middle school science teacher who inspired a kid to become interested in science, where the kid went on to medical school and went on to invent the boob job deserved higher pay, but we can't trace it back to the teacher.

Wish I had that teacher. Also wish my wife was a patient of the student.

SoldierGriz said:
wyomingriz said:
Just curious, who do you think should be the highest paid state employee?

It's easy to understand a president or chancellor of a medical school being the highest paid. After that - I don't know. What we value just seems "off" when looking at coaching salaries...especially when compared to what our teachers (not necessarily professors) make. But, I get it.

I for one think the head football coach ought to be the highest paid individual in not just his institution, but all state government positions. Here's one who will make ~10 million more per year than his immediate supervisor. Nice to see the some normalcy restored to Alabama!
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34447036/alabama-approves-extension-raise-coach-nick-saban-2030

uofmman1122 said:
Boy the 180s by some people are whiplash-worthy :lol:

Not me...this is what I posted:

"For me - it means the coach and his staff should be held to very, very high standards, and open to intense scrutiny. All the metrics - grades, graduation rates, discipline, and yes....winning."

Stand by it...intense scrutiny is required. To whom much is given...much is expected.

If the product on the field is allegedly worth $750k we are getting robbed by $600k. Welcome to the FCS version of a Jimbo Fisher clone

GrizProtocol said:
If the product on the field is allegedly worth $750k we are getting robbed by $600k. Welcome to the FCS version of a Jimbo Fisher clone

Come on! How many 750k does it take to make ~11.7 million?

*Edit I take that back! Please forgive me. Jimbo only makes 9m per year. BUT! By God, he's 37-22 at Texas A&M in his five years there.

grizare#1 said:
If we could have kept Hauck here beyond 09 we would more than likely had another national title in the glass case, hope they get it done.

Well, they have the room, now that the Great Divide Trophy has moved to Bozo.

Wait let me guess what happens next season with Hauck as HC

Drop down QB that is a game manager.
Griz will absolutely crush every team that only wins 2 or 3 games all season.

Griz lose to teams with winning records

Griz get rolled by cats again at home

Bounced early in the playoffs.

Can't wait to see how it plays out because let's face it what are the chances this happens 12 years in a row?

GrizProtocol said:
Wait let me guess what happens next season with Hauck as HC

Drop down QB that is a game manager.
Griz will absolutely crush every team that only wins 2 or 3 games all season.

Griz lose to teams with winning records

Griz get rolled by cats again at home

Bounced early in the playoffs.

Can't wait to see how it plays out because let's face it what are the chances this happens 12 years in a row?

You forgot, "Hope I'm wrong."
It's like this: "Hauck sucks, players suck, staff sucks, Griz suck, we can't win games, Cats will roll us. Hope I'm wrong."

It's an out like "With all due respect . . ." If you say, "Gladys, you look really ugly today.", you're getting a call from HR. If you say, "With all due respect, Gladys, you look really ugly today.", you're golden. Pretty sure that's how it works.

indian-outlaw said:
This is hilarious to read through. It goes to show the fickleness of our fanbase.

To be fair, a lot has changed. Griz at that time looked to be trending the right way and had come off back to back ten win seasons. This year the team seems like it somehow got worse even though we returned a ton of players.

3-7-77 said:
grizare#1 said:
If we could have kept Hauck here beyond 09 we would more than likely had another national title in the glass case, hope they get it done.

Well, they have the room, now that the Great Divide Trophy has moved to Bozo. And the Little Brown Stein to Moscow.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
indian-outlaw said:
This is hilarious to read through. It goes to show the fickleness of our fanbase.

To be fair, a lot has changed. Griz at that time looked to be trending the right way and had come off back to back ten win seasons. This year the team seems like it somehow got worse even though we returned a ton of players.

...and Griz lose bunches of them this year...under zero circumstances will they have more talent next year.

Next season will be a gut check for the staff and Griz Nation. Let's see if they are worth their contracts.

Back