• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz to play Dixie St

jcu27 said:
Wow.... it's like trying to explain where babies come from to a 2 year old. My lord people use your brains. I shouldn't have to go into mass detail to explain all this.

Are you trying to weasel out of explaining the details of your proposal? :lol: I'm shocked. :eek:

tourist said:
jcu27 said:
Wow.... it's like trying to explain where babies come from to a 2 year old. My lord people use your brains. I shouldn't have to go into mass detail to explain all this.

Are you trying to weasel out of explaining the details of your proposal? :lol: I'm shocked. :eek:

I gave enough details. If you can't understand it, that's on you. Little brains can't think big.

jcu27 said:
tourist said:
jcu27 said:

I gave enough details. If you can't understand it, that's on you. Little brains can't think big.

At least little brains >>>>> no brains

jcu27 said:
Spanky2 said:
Go ahead explain it. UM isn’t going anywhere and we will continue playing Northern Colorado, Dixie State and think it’s wonderful.

It's great. Love being irrelevant. Who would want change??? Big Sigh Conference is perfect for us. We like being unheard of. Who needs more television exposure or? Who needs big money games? We don't!! Screw that! Can't wait to play Idaho State!! Its going to be a blast!

Can you imagine what it has to be like to be either an Idaho or Idaho State fan and former player? Those of us with white hair remember when both school's basketball teams made the elite 8. Now that state has one of their former junior colleges that has outgrown them both academically and their athletic programs are doing well also...a lot can change in a decade. Hell, look what has happened to the Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky athletic programs. I vaguely remember Western Kentucky making the final four years ago...

The state of Utah could conceivably form their own conference in a couple of years as wealthy as the LDS church is and as fast as the state is growing in population.

Problem is that the mid to low tier fbs schools don’t want to schedule an “upper level” fcs team....as they could lose. That’s why the Griz recently get Tennessee, Iowa, Oregon, Washington. Not Nevada, Colorado state, Tulsa. It’s that simple

AZDoc said:
Problem is that the mid to low tier fbs schools don’t want to schedule an “upper level” fcs team....as they could lose. That’s why the Griz recently get Tennessee, Iowa, Oregon, Washington. Not Nevada, Colorado state, Tulsa. It’s that simple

Yup, Mountain West teams are not going to play teams like Montana ... nothing to gain and lots, potentially, to lose.

'68griz said:
AZDoc said:

Yup, Mountain West teams are not going to play teams like Montana ... nothing to gain and lots, potentially, to lose.
Wyoming is in the MW.

kemajic said:
'68griz said:
AZDoc said:

Wyoming is in the MW.
You are right. But, how often does that happen?

Wyoming used to play Montana in Billings. It was a fun event. I don’t know if Haslam has tried to schedule them or not, as I would like to see us play them every couple of years.

Spanky2 said:
Wyoming used to play Montana in Billings. It was a fun event. I don’t know if Haslam has tried to schedule them or not, as I would like to see us play them every couple of years.
Wyoming was paying around $250M to FCS opponents (e.g., Weber), but paid us $400M for the 2014 game, which is still less than we make on a home game. It was great, but doubt if it will happen every couple years. I too was at a lot of those Billings Skyline Conf. matchups; we still have yet to beat Wyoming.

kemajic said:
'68griz said:
AZDoc said:

Wyoming is in the MW.

Forgot they played Wyoming a few years ago...

AZDoc said:
kemajic said:
'68griz said:
AZDoc said:

Wyoming is in the MW.

2014 - 1997 - 1963 Gives an idea of the frequency...

AZDoc said:
kemajic said:
'68griz said:
AZDoc said:

Wyoming is in the MW.

Game suspended by lightning, killed our momentum but did allow a quick stadium exit for a longer halftime in the pubs of Laramie.

When the UO game gets closer, check out the Duck fan boards for all the moaning over scheduling some pissant FCS school. Season ticket holders will want 1/12 of their money back. They don't like it any more than Griz fans like playing D2 schools, which they don't any more. It's all about maximizing home games, so you need an opponent that doesn't demand a home and home. Even with a nice payout from UO, is it more profitable than a home game against anybody? I really don't know, just asking. Home games are BIG for the entire local economy, so I presume many local businesses are not enthusiastic about more away games. ight be even more true of FBS programs.

BTW, my versus sports simulator app has UO winning 50-18 But only 47-21 if we could somehow lure them to Missoula.

srgrizizen said:
When the UO game gets closer, check out the Duck fan boards for all the moaning over scheduling some pissant FCS school. Season ticket holders will want 1/12 of their money back. They don't like it any more than Griz fans like playing D2 schools, which they don't any more. It's all about maximizing home games, so you need an opponent that doesn't demand a home and home. Even with a nice payout from UO, is it more profitable than a home game against anybody? I really don't know, just asking. Home games are BIG for the entire local economy, so I presume many local businesses are not enthusiastic about more away games. ight be even more true of FBS programs.

BTW, my versus sports simulator app has UO winning 50-18 But only 47-21 if we could somehow lure them to Missoula.

This is precisely why I am not an advocate of playing "up."

srgrizizen said:

FBS teams are not allowed to play at FCS venues by their conferences. Duck season ticket holder no-shows could be a good source of tickets for us.

kemajic said:
srgrizizen said:

FBS teams are not allowed to play at FCS venues by their conferences. Duck season ticket holder no-shows could be a good source of tickets for us.

Duck season. An omen! :lol:

Latest posts

Back