• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz to play Dixie St

kemajic said:
srgrizizen said:
When the UO game gets closer, check out the Duck fan boards for all the moaning over scheduling some pissant FCS school. Season ticket holders will want 1/12 of their money back. They don't like it any more than Griz fans like playing D2 schools, which they don't any more. It's all about maximizing home games, so you need an opponent that doesn't demand a home and home. Even with a nice payout from UO, is it more profitable than a home game against anybody? I really don't know, just asking. Home games are BIG for the entire local economy, so I presume many local businesses are not enthusiastic about more away games. ight be even more true of FBS programs.

BTW, my versus sports simulator app has UO winning 50-18 But only 47-21 if we could somehow lure them to Missoula.
FBS teams are not allowed to play at FCS venues by their conferences. Duck season ticket holder no-shows could be a good source of tickets for us.

Great! 50-18 or so will be a real feather in Griz caps. The chance to visit the scenic Willamette Valley is nice, but Western Montana is just as nice. But then Florence on the coast is only 60 miles away.

The market is what the market is. Oregon isn’t going to pay US more than they can get some other team there for. We are literally the ONLY team in FCS that makes more for a home game than for a “body bag” (that’s for you, tourist) game. So, we don’t get to set the market. We just have to decide whether there’s value there...given our recruiting grounds, I’d say YES to playing in the PNW. Not so much playing in Tennessee or Iowa.

Back