• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz to play Dixie St

WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Their addition should please the body bag group. Another Northern Colorado.

I bet they’re regularly above UNC in the standings by then. :lol:

Should be good competition for who can top 4000 average attendance. St. George is larger than Missoula.

Good luck recruiting to Saint George.

The city and the metro are both bigger than Missoula.

braves84 said:
WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
I bet they’re regularly above UNC in the standings by then. :lol:

Should be good competition for who can top 4000 average attendance. St. George is larger than Missoula.

So, you're thinking a larger St. George and its Dragons equates to more than 4,000 attendance? How's that working with Portland and Sacramento?...anyway, you can expect that at some point the Big Sky will accept this wannabee into college football's halfway house dedicated to taking on any fledgling program with nowhere else to go. I'm guessing that if a Tacoma beauty college or bartending school could wrangle up a team they'd be a natural for the Sky. And according to egriz logic with a base population of 213,000 they'd be a lock to draw waaay more than a St. George.

UM's unambitious scheduling and the Big Sky would be jokes if they hadn't become so sad...

I am having one hell of a time trying to understand what is going on at UM. Bodner is trying to right the sinking ship while someone else(Haslam?)seems to be drilling holes in the hull to let the water out. Is UM in such dire condition that it schedules FOUR GAMES with a school who isn't even FCS level at this point. I know that in the past, the per game ticket price was printed on each ticket. This should be no more than a $10 game. This article is clear as mud. Horrible writing. Haslam needs to come clean and explain exactly what he has agreed to and why.

tourist said:
I am having one hell of a time trying to understand what is going on at UM. Bodner is trying to right the sinking ship while someone else(Haslam?)seems to be drilling holes in the hull to let the water out. Is UM in such dire condition that it schedules FOUR GAMES with a school who isn't even FCS level at this point. I know that in the past, the per game ticket price was printed on each ticket. This should be no more than a $10 game. This article is clear as mud. Horrible writing. Haslam needs to come clean and explain exactly what he has agreed to and why.

Not sure what the complaint is. They will be FCS when the Griz play them. 3 at home. Would you rather play Robert Morris or Colorado School of Mines? And the cost for the three home games is CHEAP. South Dakota State is giving Dixie State $200K for ONE game.

Not sure you really understand OOC scheduling difficulties or economics.

dbackjon said:
tourist said:

Not sure what the complaint is. They will be FCS when the Griz play them. 3 at home. Would you rather play Robert Morris or Colorado School of Mines? And the cost for the three home games is CHEAP. South Dakota State is giving Dixie State $200K for ONE game.

People just like to biatch.

From the master.
Admittedly, I don't understand the scheduling process or difficulties, therefore I, for one, would like an explanation.

tourist said:

They're a startup program that's entering at the FCS level. They will be FCS when we play them. They're a counter. Hell, by the 4th game they'll probably be a conference foe. :roll: :roll:

Silvertip said:
braves84 said:
WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:

So, you're thinking a larger St. George and its Dragons equates to more than 4,000 attendance? How's that working with Portland and Sacramento?...anyway, you can expect that at some point the Big Sky will accept this wannabee into college football's halfway house dedicated to taking on any fledgling program with nowhere else to go. I'm guessing that if a Tacoma beauty college or bartending school could wrangle up a team they'd be a natural for the Sky. And according to egriz logic with a base population of 213,000 they'd be a lock to draw waaay more than a St. George.

UM's unambitious scheduling and the Big Sky would be jokes if they hadn't become so sad...

North of I-80 Division (Or: Big Sky Conference)
Montana
Montana State
EWU
Idaho
Idaho State
Weber State
PSU

South of I-80 Division (Or: Great West Conference)
NAU
SUU
Dixie State
CP
UCD
UNC
Suck State

AZGrizFan said:
Silvertip said:
braves84 said:
WaGriz4life said:

North of I-80 Division (Or: Big Sky Conference)
Montana
Montana State
EWU
Idaho
Idaho State
Weber State
PSU

South of I-80 Division (Or: Great West Conference)
NAU
SUU
Dixie State
CP
UCD
UNC
Suck State
Probably should add Miles City Community College

dbackjon said:
We have a home and home with a wannabe and then pay 260,000 for two home games or 130,000 per,
meanwhile Dixie State has this kind of demand elsewhere:
Illinois St. $85,000
MSU $80,000
UC Davis $60,000
Weber $30,000
SUU $25,000

kemajic said:
dbackjon said:
We have a home and home with a wannabe and then pay 260,000 for two home games or 130,000 per,
Illinois St. $85,000
MSU $80,000
UC Davis $60,000
Weber $30,000
SUU $25,000

I guess it just takes more $$$ to entice teams to travel to Missoula.

kemajic said:
dbackjon said:
Illinois St. $85,000
MSU $80,000
UC Davis $60,000
Weber $30,000
SUU $25,000

Why did you leave this one out:

South Dakota State

Dixie State will play a single game at the South Dakota State Jackrabbits on Nov. 14, 2020. The Trailblazers will receive a $200,000 guarantee for the game.

dbackjon said:
tourist said:

If you count all 3 home games in the price you also have to count the road game with no revenue - which could have been a money game from a power 5 that pays $650k or more. So those 4 games "cost" UM over a million dollars for a team that likely won't help in sos or in making the playoffs - think 2017 when Montana had 7 D1 wins but 2 were over Savannah st and Valpo. That doesn't seem cheap.

This really seems like a large favor Haslam's handed out to help them go D1. Say, isn't Haslam's from Utah? Hmmmmmm

Grizbeer said:
dbackjon said:
tourist said:

If you count all 3 home games in the price you also have to count the road game with no revenue - which could have been a money game from a power 5 that pays $650k or more. So those 4 games "cost" UM over a million dollars for a team that likely won't help in sos or in making the playoffs - think 2017 when Montana had 7 D1 wins but 2 were over Savannah st and Valpo. That doesn't seem cheap.

This really seems like a large favor Haslam's handed out to help them go D1. Say, isn't Haslam's from Utah? Hmmmmmm

Maybe they are playing a P5 money game in 2026 or 2027?

grizindabox said:
Grizbeer said:
dbackjon said:

Maybe they are playing a P5 money game in 2026 or 2027?

Possibly, but I'm not sure what that would have to do with playing a road game at Dixie in 2023? Of course that misses the whole point - surely Haslam didn't agree to pay Dixie for 3 home games AND agree to on the road for free, so Jon's "games are cheap" math is flawed.

dbackjon said:
kemajic said:
dbackjon said:
Illinois St. $85,000
MSU $80,000
UC Davis $60,000
Weber $30,000
SUU $25,000

Why did you leave this one out:

South Dakota State

Dixie State will play a single game at the South Dakota State Jackrabbits on Nov. 14, 2020. The Trailblazers will receive a $200,000 guarantee for the game.
Duh! Because I responded to your post where you left out the above 6. You had already selectively documented the SDS game. So you repeat yourself....

Dixie St is only announcing their OOC games down the pike.

Their in conference games will be against:

SUU
NAU
UNC
Portland St
Idaho St
CWU

Any out of conference series can be announced now.

Back