• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL GCU Mirrors Gonzaga

The "Legion of Can't" better hope that our friends in Bozeman don't adopt my NIL idea to elevate their BB program. With all of that California money, and the Yellowstone Club money floating around Bozangles, it would not be too difficult to make it happen. Of course, no one should be surprised. MSU has shown their forward-thinking vision in many areas as compared to UM. Why should this be any different?

I'd love to witness the whining and victimization posts from the "Legend of Can't" if it ever were to happen.

I'm sure UM and MSU would welcome large amounts of NIL money.

Third, what would you suggest that UM and MSU do regarding NIL, that they aren't already doing?

I don't believe the actual schools can suggest and support NIL for a single sport without taking Title IX into account.

Do you want the schools to suggest/support NIL only or primarily for basketball (men and women)? Would the other sports/teams not be offended?

Who are these potential multi-millionaire NIL donors who would be good candidates for big NIL money for UM athletes? You keep saying they exist.

Do you know what UM and others in and around UM are doing now with regard to NIL? If so, please tell us.

Thx.

Kelvin Sampson to Final Four again. Apparently a great guy. From his bio:

"
EARLY COACHING CAREER
Sampson began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Michigan State in 1979-80 under Jud Heathcoate before moving to Montana Tech as an assistant coach in 1980.

One year later, he became Montana Tech’s head coach, leading the Orediggers to a 72-62 record in more than four years, including three straight 22-win seasons during each of his final three years there.

He led Montana Tech to three NAIA District 12 title games and was named the Frontier Conference Coach of the Year in 1985 and 1983. In the three years prior to his arrival, Montana Tech had won a combined 17 games."
Didn't realize his team was already in the Final Four. You must have some super secret inside knowledge. Get to Vegas quick!

The "Legion of Can't" better hope that our friends in Bozeman don't adopt my NIL idea to elevate their BB program. With all of that California money, and the Yellowstone Club money floating around Bozangles, it would not be too difficult to make it happen. Of course, no one should be surprised. MSU has shown their forward-thinking vision in many areas as compared to UM. Why should this be any different?

I'd love to witness the whining and victimization posts from the "Legend of Can't" if it ever were to happen.
Oh there is no dispute about the admin at MSU and the admin at UM.

The president and AD at MSU are head and shoulders above UM's President and AD.

However, the idea still won't work as they have a fball program and there is just no way a college with fball at the BSC level would be able to pull that idea off.

However, the idea still won't work as they have a fball program and there is just no way a college with fball at the BSC level would be able to pull that idea off.
UM’s president is terrific and at least as good as MSU’s. He knows more about sports too. He played baseball at West Point. He’s bringing UM back.

You are correct about the MSU leadership being much better than ours. I was all-in on selecting Bodnar as our president. But he has not delivered. Only at UM could we celebrate a 1% increase in student registrations, while MSU continues to grow by double-digits. I know Seth personally, and I am disappointed at the progress made to date.

How many times do I have to say this.......... the university does NOT have to invest a dime to fund the BB NIL initiative. It will be done entirely through private donations. There are actually some intelligent donors out there who understand than funding a BB program which might be able to make the Sweet 16, is much more lucrative than playing for a NC in football in Frisco, Texas, that nobody in America cares about.

We make fun of all of the toilet-bowl games played every bowl season....... but the stark reality is that the FCS NC game ranks BELOW even the most mundane FBS bowl game in the national spot-light.

You are correct about the MSU leadership being much better than ours. I was all-in on selecting Bodnar as our president. But he has not delivered. Only at UM could we celebrate a 1% increase in student registrations, while MSU continues to grow by double-digits. I know Seth personally, and I am disappointed at the progress made to date.

How many times do I have to say this.......... the university does NOT have to invest a dime to fund the BB NIL initiative. It will be done entirely through private donations. There are actually some intelligent donors out there who understand than funding a BB program which might be able to make the Sweet 16, is much more lucrative than playing for a NC in football in Frisco, Texas, that nobody in America cares about.

We make fun of all of the toilet-bowl games played every bowl season....... but the stark reality is that the FCS NC game ranks BELOW even the most mundane FBS bowl game in the national spot-light.
Then why hasn't it happened? Ideas a great, but actions speak. The actions of the leaders and community and alumni say otherwise.

You are wrong on Bodnar, as well as completely wrong on the stats you cited. UM is up much more than 1% and MSU is not up double digits. "Montana State University reported a record number of students enrolled this spring semester — a 3% increase over last spring — and the University of Montana reported a 2.4% increase in the same period." From the Missoulian last month. The article was a thread on egriz too.

Tell us how well you know "Seth". Let's compare. I knew Bodnar before he was selected as president. I was introduced to him by Jeff Immelt, a Dartmouth football friend whom Bodnar worked for. I helped get Bodnar selected as president.

And, everyone knows that a university doesn't pay NIL. However, you apparently don't know that most large donors to NIL, or ones that own businesses that can do their own NIL payments, are already donors to the university (and will likely reduce donations to the university if they donate big to the NIL).

You are wrong on Bodnar, as well as completely wrong on the stats you cited. UM is up much more than 1% and MSU is not up double digits. "Montana State University reported a record number of students enrolled this spring semester — a 3% increase over last spring — and the University of Montana reported a 2.4% increase in the same period." From the Missoulian last month. The article was a thread on egriz too.

Tell us how well you know "Seth". Let's compare. I knew Bodnar before he was selected as president. I was introduced to him by Jeff Immelt, a Dartmouth football friend whom Bodnar worked for. I helped get Bodnar selected as president.

And, everyone knows that a university doesn't pay NIL. However, you apparently don't know that most large donors to NIL, or ones that own businesses that can do their own NIL payments, are already donors to the university (and will likely reduce donations to the university if they donate big to the NIL).
Mine's bigger than yours........

Then why hasn't it happened? Ideas a great, but actions speak. The actions of the leaders and community and alumni say otherwise.
It hasn't happened in Bozangles because no individual has championed the cause. It takes an individual who can sell the concept to the big-monied folks who love the game of basketball. With the multi-millionaires and billionaires residing within 50 miles of Bozangles, it would be very easy to create an annual NIL slush fund to make the Bobcats relevant on the national college BB stage. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. NIL is a relatively new thing, and schools are still figuring-out how powerful utilizing it can be. Just don't expect it to happen with our "Legion of can't" in Missoula.

I don’t know what of yours you think is bigger. But you don’t “know” Bodnar. I suppose you may have met him.
Let's see, you claim to have helped get Hauck hired, both times. You claim to have helped get Haslam hired. You claim to have helped get Bodnar hired. Yet you deny trying to get Holsinger fired. But I know the real story about that. Missoula is a small community. Such an important person like you, all-knowing, and all-omniscient, should get an agent and stop handling himself

Back