• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Former Lady Griz Battle - Carroll v. Western

Did you call H a racist to his face when you gave him your big check? You've done it here in your own way for almost two years now.
I have not said anything about H being anything close to racist. I've called HHH and 3d racist, as I believe they are. I hand my checks to Bodnar. Ha.

Coach H us not a racist, but he is very biased against fat little slow girls who can't run the floor and play defense.
Is H biased against Montana girls, 5 of whom are starting and doing well at other schools and were formerly with the LG. The Montana girls H recruited to the LG totaled 10 minutes of playing time for the LG during this past season.

I believe there are daughters of former LG playing on various other college teams, but maybe I am just confusing names on that. Albrecht's mom was 2-time Ivy player of the year.

It looks like the LG D was 6th in the conference in scoring D, 6th in shooting percentage D, and 8th in 3 pt shooting D. As of when stats were last updated.

Last edited:
Thanks.

UT-Chattanooga won the Southern Conference tourney and is in the ncaa tourney.

Murphy had, in the conf championship tourney:

Played only 13 min, after getting 2d foul 3.5 into the game. Had made the first basket for her team, a 3.

7 rebounds, 9 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block and no TO’s.

6 rebounds, 3 points, 2 assists, 1 block and no TO’s.
And NAU at 119. EWU at 78.

I don't know what this rating is, but it's goofy and not valid.

I have been glancing at RPI this season, which is better and more valid.

Chattanooga is 46. EWU, NAU and UM are: 72, 91 and 98.

I will stick to saying Murphy starts for a better team than UM.

Interesting to me that the Women's side of the bracket turned out exactly like the regular conference season. EWU, NAU, Lady Griz, Cats.

Play on the floor tended to reflect that too. Lady Griz and Cats split, Lady Griz split with NAU and got swept by EWU. EWU clearly the best team and NAU a close second.

And NAU at 119. EWU at 78.

I don't know what this rating is, but it's goofy and not valid.

I have been glancing at RPI this season, which is better and more valid.

Chattanooga is 46. EWU, NAU and UM are: 72, 91 and 98.

I will stick to saying Murphy starts for a better team than UM.

NCAA doesn't use RPI anymore. It uses NET which is now more valid then RPI. NAU at 119 and EWU at 78 is the NET ranking.

NCAA doesn't use RPI anymore. It uses NET which is now more valid then RPI. NAU at 119 and EWU at 78 is the NET ranking.

The Net Ranking is way off. Why is NAU ranked below UM?

What’s your explanation for H’s 1 conference tournament win in 3 years? For his Montana recruits getting 10 minutes total playing time this year?

The Net Ranking is way off. Why is NAU ranked below UM?

What’s your explanation for H’s 1 conference tournament win in 3 years? For his Montana recruits getting 10 minutes total playing time this year?
RPI rankings have always been way off also. NET is based on strength of schedule. Montana played a stronger schedule than NAU which is why UM is ranked higher. NCAA has a procedure for determining seeds which should be found on ncaa.com. When NCAA used RPI, it was the last step which was only needed when NCAA couldn't determine where two or so teams couldn't be determined by all the steps before it. It was used as a tiebreaker. I assume the same thing is how NCAA is using the NET rankings also. Plus, due to parity, There really isn't a lot difference between a team ranked 75 and a team ranked say 120. EWU is ranked almost 20 ahead of the Lady Griz, only beat Lady Griz by 1 in one game and 5 in another. All three games between NAU and Lady Griz could have gone either way.

I couldn't give a sh!t on H's explanation.

Most minutes on the team for Montana Recruits (I noted only 3 Montana players on the roster so hope I didn't overlook one): One averages the most on the team, one is a walk-on, and one has a knee injury that hasn't healed quick enough. Holsinger has improved the team faster than any other coach since Robin Selvig. I mean, Shweyen had I think 4 years to win a conference tournament game but couldn't. Petrino wasn't given the chance but couldn't in his first year. Would have liked to see him be the head coach but fate wasn't on his side.

Last edited:
RPI rankings have always been way off also. NET is based on strength of schedule. Montana played a stronger schedule than NAU which is why UM is ranked higher. NCAA has a procedure for determining seeds which should be found on ncaa.com. When NCAA used RPI, it was the last step which was only needed when NCAA couldn't determine where two or so teams couldn't be determined by all the steps before it. It was used as a tiebreaker. I assume the same thing is how NCAA is using the NET rankings also. Plus, due to parity, There really isn't a lot difference between a team ranked 75 and a team ranked say 120. EWU is ranked almost 20 ahead of the Lady Griz, only beat Lady Griz by 1 in one game and 5 in another. All three games between NAU and Lady Griz could have gone either way.

I couldn't give a sh!t on H's explanation.

Most minutes on the team for Montana Recruits (I noted only 3 Montana players on the roster so hope I didn't overlook one): One averages the most on the team, one is a walk-on, and one has a knee injury that hasn't healed quick enough. Holsinger has improved the team faster than any other coach since Robin Selvig. I mean, Shweyen had I think 4 years to win a conference tournament game but couldn't. Petrino wasn't given the chance but couldn't in his first year. Would have liked to see him be the head coach but fate wasn't on his side.
So H improved the team faster than 1 coach? Nice analysis there. H is probably better than SS. I wasn’t a fan of her. I think Petrino would have improved things faster. Ok

I was talking minutes of H’s MT recruits, not ones already committed when he arrived. I like MT players. I care. Maybe you don’t.

I have little respect for the ncaa and believe the ncaa is largely incompetent.

The last NAU game wasn’t a go-either way game in my view, but was competitive.

Doesn’t the NET include non-D1 games?

This SOS has NAU one ahead of UM. https://www.warrennolan.com/basketballw/2023/sos-rpi

So H improved the team faster than 1 coach? Nice analysis there. H is probably better than SS. I wasn’t a fan of her. I think Petrino would have improved things faster. Ok

I was talking minutes of H’s MT recruits, not ones already committed when he arrived. I like MT players. I care. Maybe you don’t.

This SOS has NAU one ahead of UM. https://www.warrennolan.com/basketballw/2023/sos-rpi
NET does non include non-D1 games IIRC. I can't say this definitively, but I think blowout wins can heavily influence the NET and the Lady Griz had a few of those in conference play (particularly the stretch against Weber State, Portland State, and Sacramento State).

NAU's non-conference SOS was No. 139 while Montana's was No. 149 (overall No. 215).

I'm interested to see how next season's team will look. They'll lose a ton of production and overall the Big Sky should be improved next season.

Also, Willa Albrecht's sister is transferring from Lehigh. Looks like she had a good year there.

Yes, I pretty much knew exactly what you meant on each item, but I just gave the information that was available like only 3 coaches since Selvig and that there are no Montana Recruits by Holsinger.

However you view NCAA, NET is what they use, and RPI is now irrelevant.
NET does non include non-D1 games IIRC. I can't say this definitively, but I think blowout wins can heavily influence the NET and the Lady Griz had a few of those in conference play (particularly the stretch against Weber State, Portland State, and Sacramento State).

NAU's non-conference SOS was No. 139 while Montana's was No. 149 (overall No. 215).

I'm interested to see how next season's team will look. They'll lose a ton of production and overall the Big Sky should be improved next season.

Also, Willa Albrecht's sister is transferring from Lehigh. Looks like she had a good year there.
When NCAA started using NET, scoring margin mattered, but that was removed. Maybe 2 years after or so.

Yes, I pretty much knew exactly what you meant on each item, but I just gave the information that was available like only 3 coaches since Selvig and that there are no Montana Recruits by Holsinger.

When NCAA started using NET, scoring margin mattered, but that was removed. Maybe 2 years after or so.

Draya Wacker from Melstone is a Holsigner recruit. For me, once they put on the uniform with Montana on the front, they are all Montana girls.

RPI may not be used by the ncaa in at large
selections, but it is not irrelevant. The rating of NAU below Montana is just plain stupid. An obvious glitch. The ncaa senior vp of basketball is a Dartmouth ‘88 and an acquaintance of mine. I communicated directly with him to help get Raequan Battle eligible to play this season. Now that is irrelevant. Ha. Battle his battle.

How do you rate and rank conferences, by the way? Just curious.

Thx for the info. The Albrecht mom played for Dartmouth. Who do you see as the next LG players up next year? I don’t follow closely enough to know.

RPI may not be used by the ncaa in at large
selections, but it is not irrelevant. The rating of NAU below Montana is just plain stupid. An obvious glitch. The ncaa senior vp of basketball is a Dartmouth ‘88 and an acquaintance of mine. I communicated directly with him to help get Raequan Battle eligible to play this season. Now that is irrelevant. Ha. Battle his battle.

How do you rate and rank conferences, by the way? Just curious.
I view only things that are actually used to determine the seeding as relevant. You can view things however you want, do not care.

One difference between RPI and NET, is that RPI is all about percentages (win percentage). NET is not based on percentages. There are 4 quadrants. I do not know exactly what the break down for each quadrant is at the moment (it is on ncaa.com somerwhere) but the first quadrant would be for teams ranked 1 through some number, second quadrant after that up to some number, so forth). The more wins you have against teams in the first quadrant is good, the more losses against teams in the fourth quadrant is very bad). Outside of that, there isn't enough info exactly how it is determined. It is not as transparent as the formula on how RPI is calculated. www.collegerpi.com documented how RPI was calculated and is one of the best sites (if not the best) for RPI rankings.

Conferences are not ranked. Only individual teams are. But, there are sites that rank conferences based on the average ranking of each team in each conference.

Thx for the info. The Albrecht mom played for Dartmouth. Who do you see as the next LG players up next year? I don’t follow closely enough to know.
You "don't follow closely enough to know" but you have an opinion none the less. Regardless, Dani will be the leader, with help from Mack Konig, and Libby Stump if she is fully recovered from her knee injury.

Back