• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Does anyone else have a funning feeling about fri?

Special H said:
Paytonlives said:
JMU has a worse O-line and are much slower as a team.
:roll:

Yeah, don't quit your day job.

Did eastern even rush for 2k yards this season? I doubt it

Liam Fonadel is better than any line player the Eagles have on either side of the ball, granted he was injured and probably won't play in this game. If anything the lines are a push but I would take the JMU OL all day everyday over what Eastern has. Its a joke watching EB run around for his life every play.

They had 2,017 yds, 4.18 yds/rush, and 155.2 yds/game

Montanabear777 said:
floridagriz15 said:
I think there will be a couple what ifs Friday. But I truly believe they will be getting on that plane for Missoula with another W.

Hell yeah. Call me crazy, but I believe in this group of boys.

I had the same feeling before the game at Washington, I just knew we were gonna win it. I work on a bar staff of 20, everyone of us is a Grizzly, and even some of them thought I was crazy to think that way.

#15 Fan said:
Special H said:

Liam Fonadel is better than any line player the Eagles have on either side of the ball, granted he was injured and probably won't play in this game. If anything the lines are a push but I would take the JMU OL all day everyday over what Eastern has. Its a joke watching EB run around for his life every play.

They had 2,017 yds, 4.18 yds/rush, and 155.2 yds/game

Exactly, they don:t have a good rushing attack at all and most of that falls on scheme. Their coach obviously knows they are not good at run blocking so he throws it 65 times a game

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I think we beat JMU, but NDSU is where our season ends. I watched them play last week. That team will win the chipper. They can just crush teams with their run game. They have a pass game if they need it too. SIU was no slouch, and they absolutely destroyed them.

I know the 2021 season has nothing to do with the past, but for a historical perspective, the Griz smoked a highly touted SIU team by the exact same score than the Bison did (38-7) in a playoff game. I remember they had a RB that lead the country in rushing and he ended the game with around 60 yards.

At the start of the season I felt UM would beat UW and posted it on Egriz prior to the game. I feel the same about this upcoming game. The Griz will win this FB contest.

Special H said:
Paytonlives said:
JMU has a worse O-line and are much slower as a team.

:lol: :lol: And Samori Toure is by far the best WR for either team, but hey, he won’t be playing either, so WTF does it matter how good he (OR Liam Fonadel) is?

Montanabear777 said:
Lol! I still think Brint is harboring some cautious optimism deeeeeeeeeep down.

I listned to the Fan Pod and yes, I agree. Nice turn of the phrase, "cautious optimism." I feel similarly.
I do NOT think the Griz are being overlooked. No way would a coach like Cignett overlook Montana. I don't think anybody does. Except maybe Lake, but he's now unemployed.

Go Griz!

GrizGuy said:
Montanabear777 said:
Lol! I still think Brint is harboring some cautious optimism deeeeeeeeeep down.

I listned to the Fan Pod and yes, I agree. Nice turn of the phrase, "cautious optimism." I feel similarly.
I do NOT think the Griz are being overlooked. No way would a coach like Cignett overlook Montana. I don't think anybody does. Except maybe Lake, but he's now unemployed.

Go Griz!

I'm with you after watching his presser. Dude's taking us seriously. But I had to hope!

Griz til I die said:
I do think we can win this game. I'm not big into predictions, but I will predict this. I've told several of my friends this over the last couple days that I think whoever wins this game on Friday, will win the Natty. I think these are the 2 best teams remaining. NDSU struggles offensively and at times their defense gives up too much. I'm not really afraid of SDSU, they're the toughest team remaining on that side, but I think the champion is going to come out of this game on Friday night. Will it be us? God I hope so! Go Griz!

I agree with this. I think UM and JMU are the best two teams in the playoffs.
Go Griz!

Grizmed said:
Montanabear777 said:
I don't post. I'm the biggest lurker ever. I keep my opinions to myself, and try to respect the opinions of others. But this one, I just have to get off my chest.

I think we can beat JMU. Not only that, I don't see us as underdogs. We play well on the road. We're tested. We have enormous amounts of momentum. We're getting healthier. The defense and special teams are lights out, and probably the best Griz units I have seen in my 28 years of fandom. The offense is coming together at the right time. EVERYTHING is coming together. I just don't know. I feel like the universe and the ether are talking to me. I think this team and it's coaches have done something spectacular for all the adversity, freshmen, and injuries. I think the best is yet to come. I also, just don't feel like JMU is ready for us. I think we may be over looked. I am counting on it. I feel in my bones, that our time is now.

IDK guys. I'm pulling the trigger, hoping for the best. 31-28 GRIZ.

We are probably going to go down by two touchdowns, maybe 3. Or two touchdowns and a field goal in the first half. I'll of course assume all is lost and go to the garage to "fix stuff" and cry a little bit. The wife will continue to watch the game with all hope. Late 2rd quarter she will text me to let me know Akem caught a ridiculous pass to put us back in the game. We either go 3 and out the first series of the second half, or they get the ball and score. Regardless, I've justified my trip to the garage where there are tools and beers.

The score will narrow through the 3rd quarter and into the fourth. I'll be secretly watching this on the espn game tracker, of course. About 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter the wife will open the door of the garage and let me know "it's so close, i need to see it."

"Have seen it all before," I'll say, pretending I'm not emotionally involved. ;Since there is nothing to really do in the garage, I'll have to watch the final.

From there, I don't know. The score will be close. Montana tough is a thing.

:clap: :lol:
This is exactly how my game-watching goes, except my daughters are the ones with the hope who call me back as my wife can't stand being in the same room with me when I'm watching a game.

I certainly can't predict the outcome of the game, I've never seen JMU play a single down. As a fan, I'm all in, Go Griz!!

Having said that here are two things to worry about:; first, the kicker has been incredibly consistent and reliable, call me a worrier but it would seem he is overdue for a miss; and second, this is an away game, in the last two games the crowd has generated multiple critical false starts, we won't get those on friday.

SaskGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I think we beat JMU, but NDSU is where our season ends. I watched them play last week. That team will win the chipper. They can just crush teams with their run game. They have a pass game if they need it too. SIU was no slouch, and they absolutely destroyed them.
Don't sell them short, SIU were a tremendous slouch.

Apparently not a lot of golfers on this board. Great reference! :thumb:

Special H said:

Where are you seeing that Fornadel won't play? He was injured for most of the beginning part of the season, but I believe he has played in the past 4-5 games. I didn't catch any injury to him vs. SELA.

That being said, if any of our OL go down, we're kind of effed. We have zero depth there this year.

mcg said:
I certainly can't predict the outcome of the game, I've never seen JMU play a single down. As a fan, I'm all in, Go Griz!!

Having said that here are two things to worry about:; first, the kicker has been incredibly consistent and reliable, call me a worrier but it would seem he is overdue for a miss; and second, this is an away game, in the last two games the crowd has generated multiple critical false starts, we won't get those on friday.

You could say the same thing about their kicker.

Barriere’s timing routes against the Griz were a thing of beauty. Every time he threw the ball well before his receivers were open, and he put the ball exactly where it needed to be, over the receivers’ outside shoulders. Not that many FCS quarterbacks can do that.

AllWeatherFan said:
Barriere’s timing routes against the Griz were a thing of beauty. Every time he threw the ball well before his receivers were open, and he put the ball exactly where it needed to be, over the receivers’ outside shoulders. Not that many FCS quarterbacks can do that.
Their receivers also do something regularly that ours seldom do. They drive the defender downfield, then come back to the perfectly placed Barriere pass. Damn tough to defend.

Back