• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Does anyone else have a funning feeling about fri?

I had the OP's feeling about the Eastern game. I really thought the Griz would be fired up and with the crowed we would roll.

However, I have my doubts about his Friday. The Griz have not won many road playoff games - in fact - very few. Without the magic of WaGriz, my gut tells me we lose a close one. To get a win, I think we will need a special teams TD and one from the defense.

I think with the defense and special teams this team plays we can beat any team in the country. If our offense plays mistake free we are so so hard to beat.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I think with the defense and special teams this team plays we can beat any team in the country. If our offense plays mistake free we are so so hard to beat.

And more importantly, if the offense takes advantage of the advantages the defense and ST’s hand it….like they did on Saturday….SIX TD’s by the offense (oh, and 3 FG’s as well)….

Brother Bear said:
Our QB is tough... and a gamer... might not always make the best decisions but dude flat out so far has got it done! No denying that! Hope is ankle/leg feeling better than ever come Friday night would love to see him come out hot marching down the field often!

This. Cam is as gutsy as they come.

With the demolition of EWU, I realized Saturday I am at complete peace with this team. They have totally exceeded my expectations. After the Sac St game I said this was not even close to a playoff team. Now I feel it may be one of the best Griz teams ever, especially on D and ST. I think JMU's young OL will be surprised and perhaps overwhelmed with the defense team speed and blitz packages much like Wa was. It's one thing to watch it on tape and another to experience it for real. I have little doubt the D can limit their running and if the rush can consistently get to their QB, get some sacks and force some mistakes we can limit their scoring. I too, have a good feeling about this Friday and if the Griz come up short it will hurt, but I'm fine with that also. Go Griz!

I've told numerous people since watching them in the spring that I had a funny feeling that they may actually go the distance. I still feel that way and I believe JMU is going to experience smashmouth Montana football.

As soon as the bracket came out, I thought...can we just get past EWU.

I think JMU style of play is a perfect matchup for the Griz. They obviously play their style as well as anyone in the country...but I like the matchup.

and, for all the bitching about the offense, played well last week, and you could start to see some things coming together against the scats, despite the red zone woes.

Lweeks said:
I've told numerous people since watching them in the spring that I had a funny feeling that they may actually go the distance. I still feel that way and I believe JMU is going to experience smashmouth Montana football.

And their fans are going to complain incessantly that the Griz played "dirty".

Our boys are going to win this game.

On October 31st, after a win over SUU everyone on this board save a couple were crying and calling for coaches heads.

I predicted the Griz would win out and be dangerous in the playoffs. One guy accused me of being high.

I was wrong. My prediction should have been Griz will win out…..full stop. Our next loss won’t be this season!

GO GRIZ!

Turnovers, penalties, and big plays will be key. If we win those three categories, we'll win. We're not explosive enough on offensive to dig out of a big hole, although I say that, and Friday night when Eastern was up 21-10 and starting to drive again, I didn't feel very good about the outcome. This team is so "Classic Bobby", field position, and finding numerous ways to score.

Turnovers, penalties, and big plays will be key. If we win those three categories, we'll win. We're not explosive enough on offensive to dig out of a big hole, although I say that, and Friday night when Eastern was up 21-10 and starting to drive again, I didn't feel very good about the outcome. This team is so "Classic Bobby", field position, and finding numerous ways to score.

I have heard it suggested multiple times that the offense we saw through the regular season was vanilla for a reason. I have a gut feeling that the coaches have been slowly opening the play book and still have a tone of "tricks up their sleeves". We have seen a noticeably more dynamic offense over the last few games but I think there is still more to come.

I feel it boils down to the experience of our coaching staff... we have a fenominally athletic team, but with the team bought in 1000% to the coaching, it sure feels like we have all of the pieces in place to shock the football world... wait... didn't we already do that this year against Washington

As always...FTC

Diesel said:
Positive thread. Both teams are mirror images of each other UM better on defense and ST and JMU better on offense. A simulator had JMU 27-16 over Griz. Turnovers and patience in this game wins the day. Slug fest low scoring upto half and maybe first team to 20 wins. Bobby ball stay close take advantage of mistakes. Griz19-JMU 17. ST and FGs.

I can envision Mick Delaney lighting a cigar and thinking 19-18 victory would have been better.

I think UM has a great opportunity if they can stop the long pass to two very, very fast and capable receivers. I don't think Hauck can keep up with their speed. Maybe some rain could slow them down but the forecasts are saying nothing about that.

go96griz said:
Montanabear777 said:
Lol! I still think Brint is harboring some cautious optimism deeeeeeeeeep down.

Love how Brint's negative thoughts creep in. Just check out his Twitter posts on Green Bay. We're gonna lose is a frequent theme before victory.

I’m a worrier. It crept into my life as I became a parent. Hahaha

Tough one to call because the teams are so evenly matched. I think the first team to get up by two scores will have a distinct advantage. I am not sure either team will actually do that!

GrizLA said:
Diesel said:
Positive thread. Both teams are mirror images of each other UM better on defense and ST and JMU better on offense. A simulator had JMU 27-16 over Griz. Turnovers and patience in this game wins the day. Slug fest low scoring upto half and maybe first team to 20 wins. Bobby ball stay close take advantage of mistakes. Griz19-JMU 17. ST and FGs.

I can envision Mick Delaney lighting a cigar and thinking 19-18 victory would have been better.

I think UM has a great opportunity if they can stop the long pass to two very, very fast and capable receivers. I don't think Hauck can keep up with their speed. Maybe some rain could slow them down but the forecasts are saying nothing about that.

You are spot on! The Griz do have a chance to win IF they don't give up the deep ball to speed demons #7 and #8. The only problem with that is the Griz do give up large chunk plays. Teams attack our safeties in the air, JMU will NO DOUBT be doing the same!

JMU won't be able to consistently run the ball on UM.

The JMU QB is totally dangerous, with his high completion rate (no dinking and dunking either, he goes down field; deep and mid throws). He even,
last weekend, dropped back to pass and then tucked it and ran for a 35 yard touchdown.

The only way to contain the Walter Peyton award candidate QB is to get to him. Hopefully the Griz can do that with just 4 rushers, so we can have 7 in coverage. But if we can't get pressure with 4, UM will need to create chaos with their vaunted blitz packages (cross dog, zone, safety, corner, ect.). They better get home quick however or their QB will pick us apart.

These two teams both have lights out defenses and special teams.

My only concern is JMU's scary passing attack I saw they had last weekend.

But gotta pick the Griz!!! RTD BABY!!!

Harm said:
I'd sure like to see Mr. Mcknight and Mr. Ostmo walk out on the field this Friday night...stinks we lost them....

Throw in speedy playmaker receivers Toure and Sulser while you're at it.

Montanabear777 said:
I don't post. I'm the biggest lurker ever. I keep my opinions to myself, and try to respect the opinions of others. But this one, I just have to get off my chest.

I think we can beat JMU. Not only that, I don't see us as underdogs. We play well on the road. We're tested. We have enormous amounts of momentum. We're getting healthier. The defense and special teams are lights out, and probably the best Griz units I have seen in my 28 years of fandom. The offense is coming together at the right time. EVERYTHING is coming together. I just don't know. I feel like the universe and the ether are talking to me. I think this team and it's coaches have done something spectacular for all the adversity, freshmen, and injuries. I think the best is yet to come. I also, just don't feel like JMU is ready for us. I think we may be over looked. I am counting on it. I feel in my bones, that our time is now.

IDK guys. I'm pulling the trigger, hoping for the best. 31-28 GRIZ.

We are probably going to go down by two touchdowns, maybe 3. Or two touchdowns and a field goal in the first half. I'll of course assume all is lost and go to the garage to "fix stuff" and cry a little bit. The wife will continue to watch the game with all hope. Late 2rd quarter she will text me to let me know Akem caught a ridiculous pass to put us back in the game. We either go 3 and out the first series of the second half, or they get the ball and score. Regardless, I've justified my trip to the garage where there are tools and beers.

The score will narrow through the 3rd quarter and into the fourth. I'll be secretly watching this on the espn game tracker, of course. About 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter the wife will open the door of the garage and let me know "it's so close, i need to see it."

"Have seen it all before," I'll say, pretending I'm not emotionally involved. ;Since there is nothing to really do in the garage, I'll have to watch the final.

From there, I don't know. The score will be close. Montana tough is a thing.

JMU is Eastern with a better defense and a better QB.

This will be the last game of the season and it probably wont be close unless we get 3 or 4 turnovers. Then I can see us being around the JMU 38 Montana 24 range. We wont score more than 30 against the Dukes

Back