• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid Updates - Not Politics

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:
our media and sports stars have been ccp mouthpieces for years. Why would you expect something to suddenly change?

didn't say i expected something to change, but it should. also, some of the best investigational pieces about xinjiang, the ccp, the ccp's virus, etc, have come from u.s. news media. when i say "best", i mean articles containing verifiable facts, not just b.s. ranting. some media, i.e. hollywood, etc, plus sports, are pathetic in their placation of the ccp. lebron james is example #1, for me. his hypocrisy in pursuit of that red money is pathetic.
Every American company that does business in China does it for the red money. It’s been going on since Nixon and Kissinger. To continually hold LeBron up as a poster child for ccp propaganda is lame and ignores Walmart and the other red blooded American companies who are greedily the biggest beneficiary of the ccp and their money. LeBron is an advocate for his hometown and its children and for racial equality among other things, he’s for voting rights, criminal justice reform. The guy only has a high school education but is still intelligent and has balls to take a stand on things that he believes in and can negatively affect his net worth and I admire that. He’s not right about everything but he doesn’t back down either. Sound a bit like Trump lol

Jesse said:
argh! said:
didn't say i expected something to change, but it should. also, some of the best investigational pieces about xinjiang, the ccp, the ccp's virus, etc, have come from u.s. news media. when i say "best", i mean articles containing verifiable facts, not just b.s. ranting. some media, i.e. hollywood, etc, plus sports, are pathetic in their placation of the ccp. lebron james is example #1, for me. his hypocrisy in pursuit of that red money is pathetic.
Every American company that does business in China does it for the red money. It’s been going on since Nixon and Kissinger. To continually hold LeBron up as a poster child for ccp propaganda is lame and ignores Walmart and the other red blooded American companies who are greedily the biggest beneficiary of the ccp and their money. LeBron is an advocate for his hometown and its children and for racial equality among other things, he’s for voting rights, criminal justice reform. The guy only has a high school education but is still intelligent and has balls to take a stand on things that he believes in and can negatively affect his net worth and I admire that. He’s not right about everything but he doesn’t back down either. Sound a bit like Trump lol

Actually, some US companies do business in China and some just supplies from China.

Lebron is a hypocrite, in my view. He supports and is outspoken about liberal causes and BLM in the US, but regarding China, where Lebron, as well as the NBA, have contracts and make money with the potential to make a lot more, he criticized the NBA guy (Morey) for his tweet supporting the HK protestors. Even the NBA's Silver didn't undercut the Morey is my recollection. In this case, my view is Lebron should have shut up and dribbled and kept his mouth shut.

Jesse said:
argh! said:

why do you admire him, beyoond hoops? because without his basketball skills...

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:

Actually, some US companies do business in China and some just supplies from China.

Lebron is a hypocrite, in my view. He supports and is outspoken about liberal causes and BLM in the US, but regarding China, where Lebron, as well as the NBA, have contracts and make money with the potential to make a lot more, he criticized the NBA guy (Morey) for his tweet supporting the HK protestors. Even the NBA's Silver didn't undercut the Morey is my recollection. In this case, my view is Lebron should have shut up and dribbled and kept his mouth shut.
Careful we are devolving into politics again.

argh! said:
Jesse said:

Without his skills he wouldn’t have a platform or much of a voice hard to separate the two. My point was Trump was in love with Xi last year until he decided he wasn’t and very major American company is in bed with China to make a buck at the expense of American workers and yet we continue to complain about LeBron. Trump said nothing about the crack down in Hong Kong and he’s supposed to have been the moral voice of the Democratic western world. Ivanka has her damn fashion patens in China, but LeBron is the bad guy.

Jesse said:
argh! said:
Without his skills he wouldn’t have a platform or much of a voice hard to separate the two. My point was Trump was in love with Xi last year until he decided he wasn’t and very major American company is in bed with China to make a buck at the expense of American workers and yet we continue to complain about LeBron. Trump said nothing about the crack down in Hong Kong and he’s supposed to have been the moral voice of the Democratic western world. Ivanka has her damn fashion patens in China, but LeBron is the bad guy.
Correct, LaBron is the very bad guy.

Jesse said:
argh! said:

lebron is making more money in china than a lot of corporations, and is an emblem of the problem, like disney, john cena, etc... as for trump, one of the few positives of his administration was to wake people up about the ccp, the way they operate, and their plans for the future. maybe if you saw in person how they treated their own people you'd gain a better understanding of just how shitty they are, and how shitty their intentions are. think of an adult talking down to a child - that's how they talk to the chinese people, and they don't hold the rest of the world any higher than their own people.

addendum - let me put it this way, their army pledges an oath to the ccp, not the country. think about that.

argh! said:
Jesse said:

lebron is making more money in china than a lot of corporations, and is an emblem of the problem, like disney, john cena, etc... as for trump, one of the few positives of his administration was to wake people up about the ccp, the way they operate, and their plans for the future. maybe if you saw in person how they treated their own people you'd gain a better understanding of just how shitty they are, and how shitty their intentions are. think of an adult talking down to a child - that's how they talk to the chinese people, and they don't hold the rest of the world any higher than their own people.

addendum - let me put it this way, their army pledges an oath to the p, not the country. think about that.

The irony of your post can not be over-looked. You accurately explain how a totalitarian central government treats their populace, yet you seem to support the radical Democratic left in America, who wish to destroy our Republic, and replace it with a similar central government dictating our lives. We should learn from history how inept our central government is when it attempts to run anything, such as our failed VA healthcare system, Medicare fraud accounting for 20% of claims, recent theft of $400 BILLION dollars of Covid stimulus funds meant for Americans. I could go on.

Oh, and Trump accomplished many additional things, like destroying the caliphate, making America energy independent, working to secure our border, fast-tracking the Covid vaccine, negotiating the first Israel/Middle East pact with Arab nations, dramatically reducing minority unemployment rates, etc. As you, I hate his narcissistic personality, but his accomplishments can not be denied by rational thought.

argh! said:
Jesse said:

addendum - let me put it this way, their army pledges an oath to the ccp, not the country. think about that.
At least we've got Sleepy Joe and Hunter to keep them in check.

hunt-ducks said:
argh! said:

addendum - let me put it this way, their army pledges an oath to the p, not the country. think about that.

The irony of your post can not be over-looked. You accurately explain how a totalitarian central government treats their populace, yet you seem to support the radical Democratic left in America, who wish to destroy our Republic, and replace it with a similar central government dictating our lives. We should learn from history how inept our central government is when it attempts to run anything, such as our failed VA healthcare system, Medicare fraud accounting for 20% of claims, recent theft of $400 BILLION dollars of Covid stimulus funds meant for Americans. I could go on.

Oh, and Trump accomplished many additional things, like destroying the caliphate, making America energy independent, working to secure our border, fast-tracking the Covid vaccine, negotiating the first Israel/Middle East pact with Arab nations, dramatically reducing minority unemployment rates, etc. As you, I hate his narcissistic personality, but his accomplishments can not be denied by rational thought.

i don't support the far left or the far right, or either party. both can be accused of trying to manipulate elections and hold on to power, apparently for power's sake, so to speak. as for what you consider trump's accomplishments, all i will say is president's get credit for stuff they don't do. it is ironic you bring up employment, which took a huge dive thanks to trump and other's gross mishandling of the virus situation. is biden responsible for the huge relative increase in employment now? i think it is pfizer and moderna that are responsible. no credit given for speeding up the discovery of the vaccines for trump, sorry. any president would have done that, and most any would have handled the rest of the virus fallout better.

it baffles me why everybody is so gung-ho to villianise others based on perceived political beliefs, without even knowing them.

kemajic said:
argh! said:

At least we've got Sleepy Joe and Hunter to keep them in check.

biden's done the same as trump regarding china, for the most part. not banning wechat is troubling, though. it is a bogus argument that the chinese diaspora "need" it to keep in touch with their families. there are plenty of other ways. as for my own view, among other things i would slap a huge tariff on anything made in china, to make very costly to buy stuff from them. would the consumer pay for the tariffs? some. just consider it a tax for doing business with the ccp.

argh! said:
Ursa Major said:
I’m just happy that this thread isn’t political. :thumb:

blame me, when the subject of china comes up, it always gets political.

argh!, you spent some time living there, right? Or am I misremembering? How was it in general? I'm just curious because I know it's one of those places I'll likely never visit.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

argh!, you spent some time living there, right? Or am I misremembering? How was it in general? I'm just curious because I know it's one of those places I'll likely never visit.

yeah, we lived there one and off from 2017 - 2019, usually six months at a time, and before that visited for a month or so a year from 2014 -2016, and many times earlier. we lived in the southwest, in a mega-city that was much more laid back than the big cities in the east, which we also visited. at first it was a fun place, very friendly and full of optimism, although you always knew that the ccp was prowling in the background, and you couldn't speak too freely about the government. still, it was free-wheeling, almost lawless in the big cities. in villages like where my wife grew up, though, it was, and is, very poor and depressing. everywhere, big city or not, eating was and is always a risk, as food safety isn't a big priority, and some of the wet markets were pretty gross. others were quite nice. it all really started to change in the fall of 2017, when xi declared himself emperor for life. the change was practically overnight, and palpable. propaganda was posted everywhere, even the public bathrooms. i already had quite a few friends, mostly from the gym i went to, and people i met while i was out running. they stayed the same, but the general public shifted. i don't know how to describe it, but you could feel the whole vibe change. cameras started popping up everywhere. older people started to discourage their kids from interacting with the white monkey (me). in private, our friends related stories of groups of ccp lackeys with red arm bands at their work, checking everybody's loyalty to the ccp (not the country). they talked about having to go to meetings at the start and end of work that were basically indoctrination classes, and forced ccp cheerleading. a couple friends who had lived in india folded their business there and came back to china, because they were being pressured by the ccp to act as spies. one guy we knew spent time in prison for being a christian who went to a church where a priest had called xi a "sinner". by the summer of 2019, we were so stressed out by even being there that we cut our plans short, got a ticket home, breathed a sigh of relief when the plane took off and another when it landed, and decided to end our pursuits in china. since then, we are told it has gotten worse.

that is about the best i can do for a summary. it wasn't just us who left, though. the ccp started doing things like shutting down clubs, and in others, holding everyone long enough to take a urine and hair sample to test for drugs. i didn't know many expats there, but those i did know all left for the same reasons. this video by a bunch of shanghai expats who left kind of sums it up, in an artistic way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9yLIRfOk-s&t=778s

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

oh, there are some phenomenally beautiful places there, but they get trashed fast by the public. also, most of the temples, etc, that tourists go to are rebuilds made for tourist dollars, not the original buildings like claimed. fake monks everywhere. if you don't have time for the long video, here's a summary, in a three minute song and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylZEoffVO0w

argh! said:
Ursa Major said:
I’m just happy that this thread isn’t political. :thumb:

Absolutely not. Did you go on a fantasy-driven, fetishized partisan rant about your love for Trump? That would be Steve Dill with an assist by Kem.

For the life of me, I can’t understand the thinking behind; I want to talk about politics, I know, I’ll log onto a sports board.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

that is about the best i can do for a summary. it wasn't just us who left, though. the ccp started doing things like shutting down clubs, and in others, holding everyone long enough to take a urine and hair sample to test for drugs. i didn't know many expats there, but those i did know all left for the same reasons. this video by a bunch of shanghai expats who left kind of sums it up, in an artistic way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9yLIRfOk-s&t=778s

Thanks. The scene at the 17:00 mark had me laughing.

Ursa Major said:
argh! said:

Absolutely not. Did you go on a fantasy-driven, fetishized partisan rant about your love for Trump? That would be Steve Dill with an assist by Kem.

For the life of me, I can’t understand the thinking behind; I want to talk about politics, I know, I’ll log onto a sports board.

Since you love to throw my name around, we'll wait for you to post your real name on here. But we also know that you never will, since your estrogen levels are running a bit high. Keyboard monkey.

argh! said:
hunt-ducks said:

i don't support the far left or the far right, or either party. both can be accused of trying to manipulate elections and hold on to power, apparently for power's sake, so to speak. as for what you consider trump's accomplishments, all i will say is president's get credit for stuff they don't do. it is ironic you bring up employment, which took a huge dive thanks to trump and other's gross mishandling of the virus situation. is biden responsible for the huge relative increase in employment now? i think it is pfizer and moderna that are responsible. no credit given for speeding up the discovery of the vaccines for trump, sorry. any president would have done that, and most any would have handled the rest of the virus fallout better.

it baffles me why everybody is so gung-ho to villianise others based on perceived political beliefs, without even knowing them.

You are delusional if you think that minority unemployment rates did not plummet to 50-year lows during Trump's tenure. And, the general national unemployment rate in January, 2020 (pre-covid) was at a 20-year low. It's easy slamming Trump for "mis-handling" the national response to covid, while conveniently-forgetting that he banned flights from China and many other high-virus countries very early-on, and the libs went berserk in criticizing him for doing so. CDC later stated that the ban on flights entering America potentially saved several hundred thousand lives. Your "facts" seem to come directly from CNN. You might want to conduct your own internet search to cut through to indoctrination bullsh*t coming from the talking heads.

Nice try at saying your are an independent. If you are, then I'm Santa Claus!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/04/black-and-hispanic-unemployment-is-at-a-record-low.html

Back