• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to MSU and Weber

Buttegrizzle said:
And here I’d like to cite noted egriz philosopher, EverettGriz, who once famously said, “Its not the Bobcat players we hate, it’s their shitass fans.”

In this instance I’m going to go with the Cat players to beat the Fatties. Cat fans are already insufferable and this would make them worse, but I’d like to know it was some kids from the state of
Montana that knocked the Bison off their perch.

EG will be rooting for the cheerleaders in this one.

I must be from the old school I will see good luck and congrats to Weber, but cannot say that to the Cats. My hope is they lose by a bunch and lose a bunch of games next year and every year thereafter

Well in typical fashion this thread is sliding sideways...

I 'understand' how some Griz and Bobcat players (past & present) hate each other. Though I never understood how fans of the programs could "hate" their opponent or their fans. Want that other team to fail? Hell yeah I get it if you do. Pull for the buffaloes if you want, or enjoy the fact Weber just beat the Grizzlies.

Still the seeming levels of hate some have on here, and over on Bobcat nation, is beyond comprehension. Reading the hatred over there makes me seriously question the mental health of several of those tools (and a few here too). I realize most of it is internet bravado but some seem genuinely unbalanced.

Bobcat fans, "E.S.G. Go cats Go" is an adolescent thing, ala naughty junior high boys giggling as they say curse words. None the less, this adolescent cheer is the most recognizable theme of Montana State University. Think about that Cat fans! It is pathetic. "ESG Go cats Go" is by far your University's most recognizable theme.

For decades you've heard it at EVERY Bobcat game. As noted above, reach Semi-finals for first time in 2 generations and who are you fixated on, the Grizzlies. Hell, I heard it at a wedding this summer ("Honey, you remember when I said 'I do'. You were beautiful, I looked in your eyes and then we sang eat shit Grizzlies?"). Good memories there!

It is laughable and it is the little brother syndrome. Yes the Cats pummeled the Griz this year, and won 4 years straight. Take pride in that! Play Mony Mony non-stop during Cat-Griz game if you want! Still playing it during other games? Admit it is an obsession and a demonstration of someone who feels they are lacking. Sing it proudly if you want. Though if you're older than 15 and still think it's cute you should probably seek mental health counseling to learn why you're feeling so inadequate.

So to all pre-pubescent ESG Cat fans... grow up, or get help.
To all you overly angry Cat and Griz fans... lighten up (or sober up?).
To the Weber State Wildcats... Good luck, go kick JMU's arse.
To the Montana State Bobcats... Good luck, send the BIZZZON fans into tears.
To the University of Montana Grizzlies... Thank you for great memories and a fun year.

God bless us one and all, and to all a Merry Christmas! Go Griz! :ugeek:

Classy thread (genuinely).

I see both sides of it, cheering or not cheering for your rival. I don't get the vitriol and hatred spewed towards each other, but man if you don't want to root for your rival, don't. Like all things in life just don't be a d*ck about it.

CatzWillRise said:

I see both sides of it, cheering or not cheering for your rival. I don't get the vitriol and hatred spewed towards each other, but man if you don't want to root for your rival, don't. Like all things in life just don't be a d*ck about it.

Nice post. I honestly still believe the best way for Griz fans to reconcile feelings about the upcoming game in the Shed is to hope for a Bobcat victory on an extremely controversial, non-reviewable call. A last second T-Buff pass to the endzone to win where a Cat player just levels the Buff receiver way before the ball, with no flag, would be perfect.

If the Cats happen to make it to the chipper, somebody better remember a fucking camera this time.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
If the Cats happen to make it to the chipper, somebody better remember a fucking camera this time.

This time?

Aaaaaaaahahahaha! he tried to pull a fast one on you there, but you got him didn’t you!! :lol:

Doubt it, AZ. It was just a joke. Some land; most don't.
You're my homie, AZ.

CatzWillRise said:

Good post Catz. We are on the same page.
Others may think otherwise, but personally I hope your guys pummel the Buffs.
:ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
Well in typical fashion this thread is sliding sideways...

I 'understand' how some Griz and Bobcat players (past & present) hate each other. Though I never understood how fans of the programs could "hate" their opponent or their fans. Want that other team to fail? Hell yeah I get it if you do. Pull for the buffaloes if you want, or enjoy the fact Weber just beat the Grizzlies.

Still the seeming levels of hate some have on here, and over on Bobcat nation, is beyond comprehension. Reading the hatred over there makes me seriously question the mental health of several of those tools (and a few here too). I realize most of it is internet bravado but some seem genuinely unbalanced.

Bobcat fans, "E.S.G. Go cats Go" is an adolescent thing, ala naughty junior high boys giggling as they say curse words. None the less, this adolescent cheer is the most recognizable theme of Montana State University. Think about that Cat fans! It is pathetic. "ESG Go cats Go" is by far your University's most recognizable theme.

For decades you've heard it at EVERY Bobcat game. As noted above, reach Semi-finals for first time in 2 generations and who are you fixated on, the Grizzlies. Hell, I heard it at a wedding this summer ("Honey, you remember when I said 'I do'. You were beautiful, I looked in your eyes and then we sang eat shit Grizzlies?"). Good memories there!

It is laughable and it is the little brother syndrome. Yes the Cats pummeled the Griz this year, and won 4 years straight. Take pride in that! Play Mony Mony non-stop during Cat-Griz game if you want! Still playing it during other games? Admit it is an obsession and a demonstration of someone who feels they are lacking. Sing it proudly if you want. Though if you're older than 15 and still think it's cute you should probably seek mental health counseling to learn why you're feeling so inadequate.

So to all pre-pubescent ESG Cat fans... grow up, or get help.
To all you overly angry Cat and Griz fans... lighten up (or sober up?).
To the Weber State Wildcats... Good luck, go kick JMU's arse.
To the Montana State Bobcats... Good luck, send the BIZZZON fans into tears.
To the University of Montana Grizzlies... Thank you for great memories and a fun year.

God bless us one and all, and to all a Merry Christmas! Go Griz! :ugeek:

I heard it at a ‘Scat/NAU basketball game in the late ‘90’s in Flagstaff. Maybe 25 scat fans there, chanting ESG/GCG.....the paltry NAU crowd was very, very confused.

Griz66 said:
I must be from the old school I will see good luck and congrats to Weber, but cannot say that to the Cats. My hope is they lose by a bunch and lose a bunch of games next year and every year thereafter

Double ditto! Just can’t do it...

RABIDAWG said:
Griz66 said:

I'm with you guys.

'68griz said:
RABIDAWG said:
Griz66 said:

I'm with you guys.
I don't know how anybody does.

Latest posts

Back