• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching staff shakeup in Bozeman

Ursus1 said:
Actually I give props to Choke. Saw an area that was not progressing, and was continuing to hurt the teams chances of winning and put on big boy pants and made a change in coaches to do what he thinks will help the team. Did not just excuse the lack of improvement away as due to youth, injuries etc. Coaches can be held accountable....

I agree but only time will tell if this change is for the better or everyone was doing their best with the hand they were dealt.

Germer is still here. Not saying he shouldn't be but I doubt a mid season sacking would make our O line any better.

And yes, sacking sounded more appropriate than firing.

signedbewildered said:
Ursus1 said:
Actually I give props to Choke. Saw an area that was not progressing, and was continuing to hurt the teams chances of winning and put on big boy pants and made a change in coaches to do what he thinks will help the team. Did not just excuse the lack of improvement away as due to youth, injuries etc. Coaches can be held accountable....

I agree but only time will tell if this change is for the better or everyone was doing their best with the hand they were dealt.

Germer is still here. Not saying he shouldn't be but I doubt a mid season sacking would make our O line any better.

I agree. Every situation is different. Time will tell.

bigsky33 said:
signedbewildered said:
Ursus1 said:

I agree. Every situation is different. Time will tell.
Agree. We shall see.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
I can’t think of another staff which was offered a full extension a year early and then fires and reshuffles the deck mid-way thru that very season.

As we all know, things do not always go according to plan. When that happens you need to adjust. Makes sense!

Maybe, and this might seem like crazy talk, MSU should've seen how things would play out in the third year of Choach's contract before extending it for another three.

Dude, they went 2-0 against the Griz. They won the state, mission accomplished!

bigsky33 said:
The offense will only get better.

bigsky33 said:
The offense can only get better.

You’ve said this twice now and I’ve heard it 1000s of times this year from Cat folk for each random fan theory involving various QB(s) scenarios and play calling.

But I gotta admit, firing/demoting the co-co-coordinators and promoting a 26yro kid to a first-time OC is maybe one of the best yet.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

bigsky33 said:

You’ve said this twice now and I’ve heard it 1000s of times this year from Cat folk for each random fan theory involving various QB(s) scenarios and play calling.

But I gotta admit, firing/demoting the co-co-coordinators and promoting a 26yro kid to a first-time OC is maybe one of the best yet.

Yes the offense can only get better. Cannot see it getting any worse-lol. Matt Miller is a smart young man. I give Choate credit for making a change mid-stream. The job on the offensive side of the ball was not getting done. We will see how it plays out. Yes, if you are a Grizzly fan you are hoping it doesn't work-lol.

grizband said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
This smells like a classic Maoist show trial. Is Coach Cole going to be lined up next to the Shit Pond and shot? Will his family be billed for the cost of the bullet? If I'm an assistant coach for bozeman state, I'm wondering, who's next?

It appears that Cole mouthed off after the game Saturday. That coupled with the poor results in the passing game in which he was the coordinator. The move kind of makes sense. Will be interesting to see how Miller does. I am sure his WRs are feeling a lot better.

The Cats three losses are to top 10 teams. They are still in the playoff hunt despite the awful offense and a tough schedule.
Depending on how both teams perform in the next 3 games, there is a possibility Cat/Griz will be for a playoff spot.
Now that is wishful thinking.

grzz said:
PlayerRep said:
uofmman1122 said:
Yeah, I certainly get the feeling Cole is being forced to take the blame for being placed in a shitty situation.

Should someone else other than him be blamed? I'm just asking. I don't know.

One of the guys who has been there for three seasons and allowed the roster to get to a point where if their already not perfect starting QB was lost for the year, the next best option they had was their star linebacker?
This.

Didn't they move what's now probably their best QB option to WR?

I mean, seriously, how do end up with a roster where almost literally no one is competent at throwing the ball even a little bit? To me, that's a failure of the head ball coach.

uofmman1122 said:
grzz said:
PlayerRep said:
uofmman1122 said:
Yeah, I certainly get the feeling Cole is being forced to take the blame for being placed in a shitty situation.

Should someone else other than him be blamed? I'm just asking. I don't know.

One of the guys who has been there for three seasons and allowed the roster to get to a point where if their already not perfect starting QB was lost for the year, the next best option they had was their star linebacker?
This.

Didn't they move what's now probably their best QB option to WR?

I mean, seriously, how do end up with a roster where almost literally no one is competent at throwing the ball even a little bit? To me, that's a failure of the head ball coach.

Oh I don't know. They have basically operated that way for several years.

...one thing certain for mr. miller...
...that it will be baptism by fire...
...idaho state rolls into town...

... :fuel: ...

zengriz said:

Helena v Helena. Former Boise receiver v. former Griz receiver. Ferriter is a first year OC. Of course, OC's don't coach against each other head to head.

Gregorak v. Ferriter and Phenicie.

zengriz said:

Know what you're saying Zen but doesn't seem Idaho State defense is anything special. Which means the cats will be fortunate to get four scores.

On the other hand, their offense appears to be the scary part of that team. They're apt to put up far more than four scores.

zengriz said:

At the same time, Idaho St defense has given up 500 yards 3 straight games. So if the Cats can’t score and rack up yards against isu they really are in trouble.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

bigsky33 said:

Yes the offense can only get better. Cannot see it getting any worse-lol. Matt Miller is a smart young man. I give Choate credit for making a change mid-stream. The job on the offensive side of the ball was not getting done. We will see how it plays out. Yes, if you are a Grizzly fan you are hoping it doesn't work-lol.

He has a linebacker playing QB. And somehow that's the OC's fault?

They let the OC go because their offense was too predictable all the while having a LB that can't throw the ball while playing QB? What's wrong with this picture? :?

I guess at least they don't have him selling popcorn in the stands during halftime....

Back