• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching staff shakeup in Bozeman

garizzalies said:
This makes no sense, at all, unless it is simply a CYA situ.

Their passing O is abysmal, so they fire the only person on the staff who knows how to throw a forward pass?!?!?

A QB is now the RB coach, a WR is now the QB coach, and they don’t have a WR coach.

We are definitely missing something here. My bet is Cole had it out with the Ole Ball Choach. Maybe something like this:

Choach: “holy shit we can’t pass to save our lives. I mean, did you see that stat line? Like 50 yards and 2 picks! Cole, you SOB, I thought the whole point of bringing you on was to fix that. God damn it!”

Cole: “Sorry Mr. Chode, I’m not sure what you expect me to do. It’s hard to complete a pass when you literally do not have a QB.”

Choach: “God damn it, Cole! How many times must I tell you? If I give you lemons, make some Vim.”

Cole: “I think you have your metaphors mixed up. I can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.”

**Choach Calls Prez Waded: “hey this SOB just called me “chicken shit.” I want him out of here!!

Really don't know what kind of conversation took place or remarks made but despite all that you think is so wrong the Cats are right there in the playoff hunt and beat two teams to which the Griz lost. The offense will only get better. I like their chances better than the Griz.

bigsky33 said:
Really don't know what kind of conversation took place or remarks made but despite all that you think is so wrong the Cats are right there in the playoff hunt and beat two teams to which the Griz lost. The offense will only get better. I like their chances better than the Griz.
Will it?

And it's pretty damn silly to be rationalizing another disappointing Choate season by trying to compare against the Griz. If Hauck in year 3 goes 4-3 and stares down the barrel of 4-4, Cat fans would be having a field day with it, and eGriz would be on fire.

But if you are still constantly measuring yourself against us, and I assume you must be with your constant presence here, then be my guest. Hold yourself back like that.

bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
This smells like a classic Maoist show trial. Is Coach Cole going to be lined up next to the Shit Pond and shot? Will his family be billed for the cost of the bullet? If I'm an assistant coach for bozeman state, I'm wondering, who's next?

It appears that Cole mouthed off after the game Saturday. That coupled with the poor results in the passing game in which he was the coordinator. The move kind of makes sense. Will be interesting to see how Miller does. I am sure his WRs are feeling a lot better.

The Cats three losses are to top 10 teams. They are still in the playoff hunt despite the awful offense and a tough schedule.

I guessed this is what happened given the circumstances. Too bad frustration leads to these things. I am sure it isn't the first heated discussion/argument of the year. Well you never know maybe the shake up the cats need. As a Griz fan I hope you all continue struggle for 4 more games this season.

cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
This smells like a classic Maoist show trial. Is Coach Cole going to be lined up next to the Shit Pond and shot? Will his family be billed for the cost of the bullet? If I'm an assistant coach for bozeman state, I'm wondering, who's next?

It appears that Cole mouthed off after the game Saturday. That coupled with the poor results in the passing game in which he was the coordinator. The move kind of makes sense. Will be interesting to see how Miller does. I am sure his WRs are feeling a lot better.

The Cats three losses are to top 10 teams. They are still in the playoff hunt despite the awful offense and a tough schedule.

I guessed this is what happened given the circumstances. Too bad frustration leads to these things. I am sure it isn't the first heated discussion/argument of the year. Well you never know maybe the shake up the cats need. As a Griz fan I hope you all continue struggle for 4 more games this season.

I heard back in September there was a huge argument with Chode and an assistant during film review. Apparently Coach Gregorak was caught going over his 2 slice pizza limit and all hell broke out. You gotta hand it to coach chode, he hasn't seen much success on the field but his food rationing with Gregorak have been very effective. :thumb:

Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:
Will it?

And it's pretty damn silly to be rationalizing another disappointing Choate season by trying to compare against the Griz. If Hauck in year 3 goes 4-3 and stares down the barrel of 4-4, Cat fans would be having a field day with it, and eGriz would be on fire.

But if you are still constantly measuring yourself against us, and I assume you must be with your constant presence here, then be my guest. Hold yourself back like that.

I don't know where you get that I am rationalizing another disappointing season. My comment was that despite having a major QB problem, that we are still in the hunt for the playoffs. The offense can only get better. If that happens, the Cats could end up with a very good season. And yes, I do like our chances better than the Griz when I look at what the Cats have done so far and the remaining schedule. Nothing to do with measuring against the Griz, except the fact that the Cats did beat two teams to which you lost.

Ursa Major said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:

I heard back in September there was a huge argument with Chode and an assistant during film review. Apparently Coach Gregorak was caught going over his 2 slice pizza limit and all hell broke out. You gotta hand it to coach chode, he hasn't seen much success on the field but his food rationing with Gregorak have been very effective. :thumb:

Looks like Choke is going over his pizza limit and it is all settling in his moobs (man boobs). Guy needs a man-zeer desperately before he is photographed by National Geographic

garizzalies said:

Their passing O is abysmal, so they fire the only person on the staff who knows how to throw a forward pass?!?!?

A QB is now the RB coach, a WR is now the QB coach, and they don’t have a WR coach.

We are definitely missing something here. My bet is Cole had it out with the Ole Ball Choach. Maybe something like this:

Choach: “holy shit we can’t pass to save our lives. I mean, did you see that stat line? Like 50 yards and 2 picks! Cole, you SOB, I thought the whole point of bringing you on was to fix that. God damn it!”

Cole: “Sorry Mr. Chode, I’m not sure what you expect me to do. It’s hard to complete a pass when you literally do not have a QB.”

Choach: “God damn it, Cole! How many times must I tell you? If I give you lemons, make some Vim.”

Cole: “I think you have your metaphors mixed up. I can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.”

**Choach Calls Prez Waded: “hey this SOB just called me “chicken shit.” I want him out of here!!

agree with grizzalies for sure......mr Cole got sideways with the boss, period......anyone who thinks this is not somewhat personal has never had to fire some one.......

uofmman1122 said:
Yeah, I certainly get the feeling Cole is being forced to take the blame for being placed in a shitty situation.

Should someone else other than him be blamed? I'm just asking. I don't know.

PlayerRep said:
uofmman1122 said:
Yeah, I certainly get the feeling Cole is being forced to take the blame for being placed in a shitty situation.

One of the guys who has been there for three seasons and allowed the roster to get to a point where if their already not perfect starting QB was lost for the year, the next best option they had was their star linebacker?

grzz said:
PlayerRep said:
uofmman1122 said:

One of the guys who has been there for three seasons and allowed the roster to get to a point where if their already not perfect starting QB was lost for the year, the next best option they had was their star linebacker?

Huh? So, recruiting should be based around expecting all of your best players to go down or disappear? Nope, don't agree. When you have a two-year starter soph qb, I don't know how you recruit a good game-ready qb to transfer. Good game-ready qb's generally don't want to transfer to a school with an established soph qb, especially one with two years of starting experience and the same coaching staff in place.

krammer said:
garizzalies said:

agree with grizzalies for sure......mr Cole got sideways with the boss, period......anyone who thinks this is not somewhat personal has never had to fire some one.......

Yes, from what I have heard, Mr Cole did get sideways with the Coach. Something happened after the game Saturday and it had probably been building over time with the dismal offensive results. It was time to shake things up!

I can’t think of another staff which was offered a full extension a year early and then fires and reshuffles the deck mid-way thru that very season.

Ursus1 said:
Ursa Major said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:

Looks like Choke is going over his pizza limit and it is all settling in his moobs (man boobs). Guy needs a man-zeer desperately before he is photographed by National Geographic

Nailed it, Ursus! It's an inversely proportionate relationship, as one drops the weight, the other puts it on.

Soon after Chairman Choke hired Gregorak he immediately detected a pizza slice gap during meetings. He then put Gregorak on a strict slice limit and put him on a low-carb diet. The relationship hit a low point in the Summer of 2017 when Coach Gregorak broke into the meow state food service hall after-hours while on a pancake bender.

MV5BMTg2NTU2NzE2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTkzODcxMDI@._V1_.jpg

file photo

garizzalies said:
I can’t think of another staff which was offered a full extension a year early and then fires and reshuffles the deck mid-way thru that very season.

As we all know, things do not always go according to plan. When that happens you need to adjust. Makes sense!

bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:
Will it?

I don't know where you get that I am rationalizing another disappointing season. My comment was that despite having a major QB problem, that we are still in the hunt for the playoffs. The offense can only get better. If that happens, the Cats could end up with a very good season. And yes, I do like our chances better than the Griz when I look at what the Cats have done so far and the remaining schedule. Nothing to do with measuring against the Griz, except the fact that the Cats did beat two teams to which you lost.

I still don't agree with Big Sky that Vernon Adams is coming back to play for EWU and won't play for Oregon, but I agree with most of what he just said. If UM can beat Davis, then I think the Griz will have a better path to the playoffs than the Cats.

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:
Will it?

[/quo

I still don't agree with Big Sky that Vernon Adams is coming back to play for EWU and won't play for Oregon, but I agree with most of what he just said. If UM can beat Davis, then I think the Griz will have a better path to the playoffs than the Cats.

Good luck with Davis. They are rolling.

Actually I give props to Choke. Saw an area that was not progressing, and was continuing to hurt the teams chances of winning and put on big boy pants and made a change in coaches to do what he thinks will help the team. Did not just excuse the lack of improvement away as due to youth, injuries etc. Coaches can be held accountable....

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

As we all know, things do not always go according to plan. When that happens you need to adjust. Makes sense!

Maybe, and this might seem like crazy talk, MSU should've seen how things would play out in the third year of Choach's contract before extending it for another three.

Latest posts

Back