• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Changes Happening Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
mthoopsfan said:
Griz Addict said:
Why would Haslam be scared of Bobby when he could fire him? That makes zero sense.

Because Haslam knows that the top boosters who almost unanimously support Bobby would get Haslam pressured and fired and because Haslam knows UM needs Bobby more than UM needs Haslam.

No extension coming for Bobby until after next year is how much Haslem is afraid of him.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Because Haslam knows that the top boosters who almost unanimously support Bobby would get Haslam pressured and fired and because Haslam knows UM needs Bobby more than UM needs Haslam.

No extension coming for Bobby until after next year is how much Haslem is afraid of him.

Isn’t this the last year of his contract (2023 season)? I can’t imagine any coach (or AD for that matter) wanting to operate in a “lame duck” status. Either he’s Haslam’s guy or he’s not. If he’s not going to extend him he needs to cut his losses. Otherwise, I’d expect an extension before the season starts.

Griz Addict said:
Griz til I die said:
I hope Bradford gets promoted to DC. He’s a good coach and we need to keep him here as long as possible. Plus I think he’d do a really good job!

I would be very happy with that. That dudes a future HC.

Think you may be happy.

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

Isn’t this the last year of his contract (2023 season)? I can’t imagine any coach (or AD for that matter) wanting to operate in a “lame duck” status. Either he’s Haslam’s guy or he’s not. If he’s not going to extend him he needs to cut his losses. Otherwise, I’d expect an extension before the season starts.

Or he could indicate something "verbally" and then renege on it when convenient.

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

Me too. That's why I started a thread on that a month ago.

mthoopsfan said:
Griz Addict said:
I would be very happy with that. That dudes a future HC.

Think you may be happy.
The D retirements were imminent when RB committed to the CB job. I suspect he'll keep the CB job with the new responsibilities. None finer. Give the HC some kudos for being ready like this.

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:
Think you may be happy.
The D retirements were imminent when RB committed to the CB job. I suspect he'll keep the CB job with the new responsibilities. None finer. Give the HC some kudos for being ready like this.

I always assumed that the older D coaches stayed for last year, because they thought it could be a special year.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

I always assumed that the older D coaches stayed for last year, because they thought it could be a special year.
We all thought that. Shoulda....

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:
Think you may be happy.

And bringing on a experienced Roger Cooper.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

And bringing on a experienced Roger Cooper.

Experienced? 10 years at Idaho State?

Not how I would describe it, but you do you.

Griz2k said:
SoldierGriz said:
Experienced? 10 years at Idaho State?

Not how I would describe it, but you do you.

Well, he didn't say "good" experience.

I've heard Cooper is a terrific coach.

"We're really excited that 'Coop' is joining us here at Montana. He's a guy I've had my eye on for a long time, maybe even since he was a senior at South Kitsap High School. We should have recruited him when I was at Washington," said Hauck. "I've known him for many years and have a really high regard for his abilities as a coach and who he is as a person."

"Cooper returns to the state of Montana after spending 10 years at Idaho State, where he most recently served as the associate head coach, defensive coordinator, and linebacker coach under Rob Phenicie.

He then spent three seasons in the NFL and NFL Europe from 2005-2007, with stints in Dallas, San Francisco, San Diego, and Frankfurt, Germany, before suffering a career-ending injury."

mthoopsfan said:
Griz2k said:
Well, he didn't say "good" experience.

"We're really excited that 'Coop' is joining us here at Montana. He's a guy I've had my eye on for a long time, maybe even since he was a senior at South Kitsap High School. We should have recruited him when I was at Washington," said Hauck. "I've known him for many years and have a really high regard for his abilities as a coach and who he is as a person."

"Cooper returns to the state of Montana after spending 10 years at Idaho State, where he most recently served as the associate head coach, defensive coordinator, and linebacker coach under Rob Phenicie.

He then spent three seasons in the NFL and NFL Europe from 2005-2007, with stints in Dallas, San Francisco, San Diego, and Frankfurt, Germany, before suffering a career-ending injury."

Well, he fits the mold. Yet another Griz coach who has echeloned down. Dude goes from associate HC and D coordinator and LB coach to coaching safeties. :roll:

Fishing is good tho.

:geek:
SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Well, he fits the mold. Yet another Griz coach who has echeloned down. Dude goes from associate HC and D coordinator and LB coach to coaching safeties. :roll:

Fishing is good tho.

Because Hauck wanted a good and experienced coaches here, because he knew the 2 older D coaches would soon
return. You’ve heard of trying to line up backups, right? Sometimes can be done; sometimes can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back