• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats fans are stupid funny

Another Gem!!

Re: Wait a couple days before posting

Post by MNCat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 pm
One thing that I saw today that I did not like was a player yelling at a fave to “shut the **** up!” Not once but twice.

It was in the 3rd quarter with about 2:00 minutes left. The fan yelled out “come on Cats act like you want to be here”, I am paraphrasing as disregarded as an upset fan.

Then I saw the player walk over and yell at the fan. The fan was looking the other way so the player walked even closer to the fan and yelled it again.

Was disappointed in the player as fans can be idiots but that the player was focusing on the fans and not the game bummed me out.

I also have two elementary aged kids and always talk to them about sportsmanship.

What do others think about this type of behavior from players?

I know the name of the player, my goal is not to throw the kid under the bus but to get others opinions on this action

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
ChesterGriz said:
I believe you can play in not more than 4 games. Correct?

Ah yes. My bad. No idea again. Although I know he’s close to healthy so maybe a redshirt was never a consideration? Not sure.

We’re much better with a healthy infanse so hopefully that’s the direction we’re heading.

I guess that's the question, then. Why, when he's "close to healthy" take a RS off the table this season for one play before a bye week? A re-injury on that one play for 0 yards takes the option of the table for this season. I agree with EG that it's not a "burning" of a RS, but you'll always have an easier time redshirting a hurt player at present than a (hopefully) healthy one later. Just maybe, it might have been a mistake for the one play that went for no yards.

Totally could end up being a mistake. Though if he ends up being a vital part to a playoff run than it’ll appear to be the right play.

I just know that this new redshirt rule seems to be pretty mixed in how coaches view it. If Choate and Infanse both know that they were never considering redshirting as an option than playing him for even one carry doesn’t matter.

I get it’s MSU and ragging on the coach is what we do. But with the way he communicated with Logan Jones during this exact scenario last season makes me give him the benefit of the doubt.

I’d be curious to learn more about their views of redshirting. Just seems like fans are way more inclined to redshirting after 4 games than players and coaches seem to be.

Unless you’re Dana Holgerson, apparently... :lol:

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I guess that's the question, then. Why, when he's "close to healthy" take a RS off the table this season for one play before a bye week? A re-injury on that one play for 0 yards takes the option of the table for this season. I agree with EG that it's not a "burning" of a RS, but you'll always have an easier time redshirting a hurt player at present than a (hopefully) healthy one later. Just maybe, it might have been a mistake for the one play that went for no yards.

Totally could end up being a mistake. Though if he ends up being a vital part to a playoff run than it’ll appear to be the right play.

I just know that this new redshirt rule seems to be pretty mixed in how coaches view it.

I get it’s MSU and ragging on the coach is what we do. But with the way he communicated with Logan Jones during this exact scenario last season makes me give him the benefit of the doubt.

I’d be curious to learn more about their views of redshirting. Just seems like fans are way more inclined to redshirting after 4 games than players and coaches seem to be.

I guess we're talking past one another. No issue with playing him if he ends up being a vital part of a playoff run. Just wondering why Choach and Co. would take the option of a RS off the table for one play before a bye week. Put another way, even if the fella becomes a big part of the MSU run down the stretch, it wasn't necessary for him to be in on that play for 0 yards to remove all doubt on the option of a RS. Hope that makes sense.

Ya I see what you’re saying. And it’s odd as Tom says before the game media was told he wouldn’t participate despite warming up. So to play one down seems odd.

I guess I’m just saying, despite NCAA rules, if staff and player already knew that redshirting was never ON the table....then one play didn’t take it off.

This whole redshirt thing seems more philosophical with every coach and team having different ideas on how to use it.

Would love it if Brooks or Colter could provide more insight into this.

Very fair point.

1972 said:
Another Gem!!

Re: Wait a couple days before posting

Post by MNCat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 pm
One thing that I saw today that I did not like was a player yelling at a fave to “shut the **** up!” Not once but twice.

It was in the 3rd quarter with about 2:00 minutes left. The fan yelled out “come on Cats act like you want to be here”, I am paraphrasing as disregarded as an upset fan.

Then I saw the player walk over and yell at the fan. The fan was looking the other way so the player walked even closer to the fan and yelled it again.

Was disappointed in the player as fans can be idiots but that the player was focusing on the fans and not the game bummed me out.

I also have two elementary aged kids and always talk to them about sportsmanship.

What do others think about this type of behavior from players?

I know the name of the player, my goal is not to throw the kid under the bus but to get others opinions on this action

Trouble in paradise...

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
Ah yes. My bad. No idea again. Although I know he’s close to healthy so maybe a redshirt was never a consideration? Not sure.

We’re much better with a healthy infanse so hopefully that’s the direction we’re heading.

I just know that this new redshirt rule seems to be pretty mixed in how coaches view it. If Choate and Infanse both know that they were never considering redshirting as an option than playing him for even one carry doesn’t matter.

Ya that’s a whole other level! You see the stuff his former player just said about him?! Yikes

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ya that’s a whole other level! You see the stuff his former player just said about him?! Yikes

And Houston fans had the audacity to claim that player “quit on his team”...the only ones who QUIT were Holgerson, the starting QB and the starting WR who decided to redshirt.

ilovethecats said:
That game Saturday was a perfect example of how sometimes the stats don’t tell the whole story. We had more rushing yards and more passing yards. Same amount of turnovers and time of possession nearly equal. But they beat us handily in all three phases. Was not really close in those regards and I’m not sure Sac ever even felt threatened with the idea of not winning.

Cats better adjust and respond cause the blueprint is out there. We play like that in November we can expect another early exit of the playoffs.

Reasonable assessment. That about sums it up. The outcome wasn't going to change as some believe with "a bounce here, or a call there".

The real question is... does that team have 2 weeks to clean things up, or 2 weeks to stew over their failure. I'll be curious to see how their 'mental health' looks in North Dakota. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
ilovethecats said:
That game Saturday was a perfect example of how sometimes the stats don’t tell the whole story. We had more rushing yards and more passing yards. Same amount of turnovers and time of possession nearly equal. But they beat us handily in all three phases. Was not really close in those regards and I’m not sure Sac ever even felt threatened with the idea of not winning.

Cats better adjust and respond cause the blueprint is out there. We play like that in November we can expect another early exit of the playoffs.

Reasonable assessment. That about sums it up. The outcome wasn't going to change as some believe with "a bounce here, or a call there".

The real question is... does that team have 2 weeks to clean things up, or 2 weeks to stew over their failure. I'll be curious to see how their 'mental health' looks in North Dakota. :ugeek:

Me too. How teams respond to losses like that tell you everything. And UND will be ready for us. Hopefully everyone is looking at themselves long and hard cause there was blame to go around.

We’re 5-2 but no one being honest thinks we’ve looked great getting there. Especially the last three weeks.

My biggest question is going to be the mental makeup of this team going forward. We should win our next three games. At the very least 2. If we don’t, we have bigger issues. But how will they be mentally our last two games? They appear to be a much bigger challenge than our first 3. Hopefully this team has the resolve and mental capacity to take each game for what they are.

My Bobcat friend buddy, Hugh, sent me some footage from their Booster Club meeting after Costello announced the funding was complete for the shed renovation.

[media]https://www.instagram.com/p/B3QOZ0vHy1o/[/media]

ilovethecats said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
ilovethecats said:

Me too. How teams respond to losses like that tell you everything. And UND will be ready for us. Hopefully everyone is looking at themselves long and hard cause there was blame to go around.

We’re 5-2 but no one being honest thinks we’ve looked great getting there. Especially the last three weeks.

My biggest question is going to be the mental makeup of this team going forward. We should win our next three games. At the very least 2. If we don’t, we have bigger issues. But how will they be mentally our last two games? They appear to be a much bigger challenge than our first 3. Hopefully this team has the resolve and mental capacity to take each game for what they are.

Will be interesting to see how the Cats respond to this...is this the floor...or is this the middle of a slide??

You could see this loss coming, the teams been trending down......got down big to NAU, needed a huge comeback to win.....needed OT to get by a bad CalPoly team after losing a big lead...then this loss. UND will be a tough game. I think its probably the floor for the Cats and theyll begin to crawl out of this funk....starting with a very difficult win in UND.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
ilovethecats said:

Will be interesting to see how the Cats respond to this...is this the floor...or is this the middle of a slide??

You could see this loss coming, the teams been trending down......got down big to NAU, needed a huge comeback to win.....needed OT to get by a bad CalPoly team after losing a big lead...then this loss. UND will be a tough game. I think its probably the floor for the Cats and theyll begin to crawl out of this funk....starting with a very difficult win in UND.

Obviously that's my hope as well. Would like nothing more than to win 4 in a row headed into the big one. We'll see. I believe we're much better than what we've shown the last month but who knows?

grizpaws said:
FTG247365 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I love all the people saying Sac is clearly a top 10 team. :lol:

It will be funnier after next Saturday, they'll give the jizz a run for there bail money. Sac St is a solid team.

Sac St is a solid team...a good team...but the Griz are not one dimensional...the defense can put pressure enough on the QB to not allow him to go through his reads at will...the offense can score on Sac so the Griz will put points on the board...especially if they have first and goal (that was pathetic)...and the Griz will make adjustments (which the Bozo staff seems unable to do), so Sac won't run the ball down the Griz' throat like they did the Cats in the second half...we may lose to Sac (I don't think we will), but we damn sure won't do it in the embarrassing fashion the Cats managed to do so today.

Sac St is the Real Deal. Sure the griz put some points on the board but not enough. An embarrassing loss maybe, 27 point loss vs 13. A loss is still loss.

Back