• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats fans are stupid funny

fanofzoo said:
jodcon said:
garizzalies said:
Did they really burn Ifanse’s redshirt for one play during that disaster?

I wondered that as well, why the F would you play him for 1 play there? I guess they consider him in for the year.

that's how choke rolls

Honestly, can any of the regular Bobcat fans here shed some light on that decision? Even if there is hope for a full recovery this season, maybe, idk, wait until after the bye week rather than put him in for one play?

CDAGRIZ said:
fanofzoo said:
jodcon said:
garizzalies said:

I wondered that as well, why the F would you play him for 1 play there? I guess they consider him in for the year.

that's how choke rolls

Honestly, can any of the regular Bobcat fans here shed some light on that decision? Even if there is hope for a full recovery this season, maybe, idk, wait until after the bye week rather than put him in for one play?

There is no way he has played in 4 games yet.

Missoula223 said:
Mavman said:
I usually don't talk much smack about the cats or their fans, much respect for the cat players.
However I saw this gem on AGS:

Few things for those who didn't watch the Sac State @ MSU game. First, I congratulate Sac State. They were the better team on this day. However, they won by 13 not 20. One the game's first possession, MSU was driving, but Rovig threw a pick after being hit during release. Credit goes to Sac State for causing the TO, but a block being held for a half second more likely alters the outcome dramatically. More importantly, the refs hosed MSU early in the 4th down 34-14, calling back a TD due to a substitution infraction (12th guy was sprinting to the sideline during the snap) that should have been a free play. The play ran and resulted in a 7 yard TD pass. Then the refs conferred and decided it was a dead ball foul and gave us half the distance to the goal. We then ran it 4 straight times into the teeth of their stout run defense (bad coaching, IMO). Not only would a 34-21 game with almost an entire quarter been a vastly different game, but getting a TD wiped out and then stuffed 4 times from inside the 5 was hugely demoralizing.

One of the positive takeaways from the game is that we seem to be developing (albeit incrementally) into a bit more rounded offense. We actually outgained Sac State 403 to 378, ran for nearly 50% more than they had previously been allowing AND Tucker Rovig finished 16/29 for 262 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT (should have been 17/30 for 269 with 2 TD and 1 INT, but it is what it is). I am in no way diminishing Sac State's win. They are a tough, tough team and not one I'd look forward to playing. But MSU was a couple plays, a bad call and lucky bounce or 2 from this being a much tighter game than just looking at a box score would indicate.

that is some crazy shit.
becoming a well rounded offense?
if a block was held a second longer they would not have picked it off
dude you lost it happens let it go!

How many close games are not decided by a couple plays?

this guy is saying that they were just a few plays from it being a close game lol

blackfootipa said:
CDAGRIZ said:
fanofzoo said:
jodcon said:

that's how choke rolls

Yeah, if not, good idea to add to the tally for one play before a bye week? I’m sure it made total sense.

blackfootipa said:
CDAGRIZ said:
fanofzoo said:
jodcon said:

that's how choke rolls

It appears he played in the first 2 and Poly unless their site is wrong

Mavman said:
Missoula223 said:
Mavman said:
I usually don't talk much smack about the cats or their fans, much respect for the cat players.

Few things for those who didn't watch the Sac State @ MSU game. First, I congratulate Sac State. They were the better team on this day. However, they won by 13 not 20. One the game's first possession, MSU was driving, but Rovig threw a pick after being hit during release. Credit goes to Sac State for causing the TO, but a block being held for a half second more likely alters the outcome dramatically. More importantly, the refs hosed MSU early in the 4th down 34-14, calling back a TD due to a substitution infraction (12th guy was sprinting to the sideline during the snap) that should have been a free play. The play ran and resulted in a 7 yard TD pass. Then the refs conferred and decided it was a dead ball foul and gave us half the distance to the goal. We then ran it 4 straight times into the teeth of their stout run defense (bad coaching, IMO). Not only would a 34-21 game with almost an entire quarter been a vastly different game, but getting a TD wiped out and then stuffed 4 times from inside the 5 was hugely demoralizing.

One of the positive takeaways from the game is that we seem to be developing (albeit incrementally) into a bit more rounded offense. We actually outgained Sac State 403 to 378, ran for nearly 50% more than they had previously been allowing AND Tucker Rovig finished 16/29 for 262 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT (should have been 17/30 for 269 with 2 TD and 1 INT, but it is what it is). I am in no way diminishing Sac State's win. They are a tough, tough team and not one I'd look forward to playing. But MSU was a couple plays, a bad call and lucky bounce or 2 from this being a much tighter game than just looking at a box score would indicate.

that is some crazy shit.

How many close games are not decided by a couple plays?

this guy is saying that they were just a few plays from it being a close game lol
I love how he implies that they were denied a TD by the refs. However, they subsequently got stuffed on 4 straight goal line plays.
It’s like how cubs fans blamed Bartman but they gave up 8 runs that game and still went on to lose game 7.

Mavman said:

that is some crazy shit.
That was blown dead at the snap great call by the officials! If sac state hadn’t thrown a pick in the red zone it could have looked a lot worse see how that works! If if and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a ball!

jodcon said:
garizzalies said:

He had already played 4 games this season. That one carry in his 5th game made no difference whatsoever.

ilovethecats said:
jodcon said:
garizzalies said:

He had already played 4 games this season. That one carry in his 5th game made no difference whatsoever.

I believe you can play in not more than 4 games. Correct?

ilovethecats said:
jodcon said:
garizzalies said:

Isn't it 4?

ChesterGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
jodcon said:
garizzalies said:

Correct. You can play in four and still RS, but not five. So that carry committed him to a "counter" this year (I hate the term "burn" a RS, because that doesn't happen; you can still use the RS year later).

ChesterGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
jodcon said:
garizzalies said:

Ah yes. My bad. No idea again. Although I know he’s close to healthy so maybe a redshirt was never a consideration? Not sure.

We’re much better with a healthy infanse so hopefully that’s the direction we’re heading.

CDAGRIZ said:
Hey, guys, where are we getting our participation stats these days?

Football schedule at GOGRIZ.com has a participation list for each game in it’s respective box score.

ilovethecats said:
ChesterGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
jodcon said:

Ah yes. My bad. No idea again. Although I know he’s close to healthy so maybe a redshirt was never a consideration? Not sure.

We’re much better with a healthy infanse so hopefully that’s the direction we’re heading.

I guess that's the question, then. Why, when he's "close to healthy" take a RS off the table this season for one play before a bye week? A re-injury on that one play for 0 yards takes the option of the table for this season. I agree with EG that it's not a "burning" of a RS, but you'll always have an easier time redshirting a hurt player at present than a (hopefully) healthy one later. Just maybe, it might have been a mistake for the one play that went for no yards.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
ChesterGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

I guess that's the question, then. Why, when he's "close to healthy" take a RS off the table this season for one play before a bye week? A re-injury on that one play for 0 yards takes the option of the table for this season. I agree with EG that it's not a "burning" of a RS, but you'll always have an easier time redshirting a hurt player at present than a (hopefully) healthy one later. Just maybe, it might have been a mistake for the one play that went for no yards.

Totally could end up being a mistake. Though if he ends up being a vital part to a playoff run than it’ll appear to be the right play.

I just know that this new redshirt rule seems to be pretty mixed in how coaches view it. If Choate and Infanse both know that they were never considering redshirting as an option than playing him for even one carry doesn’t matter.

I get it’s MSU and ragging on the coach is what we do. But with the way he communicated with Logan Jones during this exact scenario last season makes me give him the benefit of the doubt.

I’d be curious to learn more about their views of redshirting. Just seems like fans are way more inclined to redshirting after 4 games than players and coaches seem to be.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
ChesterGriz said:

Totally could end up being a mistake. Though if he ends up being a vital part to a playoff run than it’ll appear to be the right play.

I just know that this new redshirt rule seems to be pretty mixed in how coaches view it. If Choate and Infanse both know that they were never considering redshirting as an option than playing him for even one carry doesn’t matter.

I get it’s MSU and ragging on the coach is what we do. But with the way he communicated with Logan Jones during this exact scenario last season makes me give him the benefit of the doubt.

I’d be curious to learn more about their views of redshirting. Just seems like fans are way more inclined to redshirting after 4 games than players and coaches seem to be.

I guess we're talking past one another. No issue with playing him if he ends up being a vital part of a playoff run. Just wondering why Choach and Co. would take the option of a RS off the table for one play before a bye week. Put another way, even if the fella becomes a big part of the MSU run down the stretch, it wasn't necessary for him to be in on that play for 0 yards to remove all doubt on the option of a RS. Hope that makes sense.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

I guess we're talking past one another. No issue with playing him if he ends up being a vital part of a playoff run. Just wondering why Choach and Co. would take the option of a RS off the table for one play before a bye week. Put another way, even if the fella becomes a big part of the MSU run down the stretch, it wasn't necessary for him to be in on that play for 0 yards to remove all doubt on the option of a RS. Hope that makes sense.

Ya I see what you’re saying. And it’s odd as Tom says before the game media was told he wouldn’t participate despite warming up. So to play one down seems odd.

I guess I’m just saying, despite NCAA rules, if staff and player already knew that redshirting was never ON the table....then one play didn’t take it off.

This whole redshirt thing seems more philosophical with every coach and team having different ideas on how to use it.

Would love it if Brooks or Colter could provide more insight into this.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ya I see what you’re saying. And it’s odd as Tom says before the game media was told he wouldn’t participate despite warming up. So to play one down seems odd.

I guess I’m just saying, despite NCAA rules, if staff and player already knew that redshirting was never ON the table....then one play didn’t take it off.

This whole redshirt thing seems more philosophical with every coach and team having different ideas on how to use it.

Would love it if Brooks or Colter could provide more insight into this.
After listening to post game media and coach and player interviews, this possible mistake, is consistent with coach admitting being outmatched by better team, coach stating player not executing play as drawn up and defensive players stating they were getting burned by not being in proper calls for offensive plays(out coached, no answer), all in all sounded like poor preparation, poor decisions, poor willingness to raising level of play, and last of all poor degree of team unity in public responses to a homecoming debacle by a top ten team. Lots of finger pointing the loss of a RS is minimal to the enteral division, wouldn’t be worried about Choate losing fan trust the loss of the players trust may have been exposed this week and now it will take two weeks to see what direction the program is going.

Back