• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 Expectations

How will Griz Finish the season?

• National Champions

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • BSC Champions

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • BRAWL Winners

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Semifinalists

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Quarterfinalists

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Out in first round

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • bobcats Suck

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SoldierGriz said:
Gross lies.

Many, many of the best teams gone...playoffs were expanded...it's so watered down, it's water logged logged at this point.

Two of the best teams are gone. Geo So and App St. JMU just left.

Expanded playoffs don't water down FCS. If anything, that strengthens FCS (as it causes more teams to fight harder for a playoff spot).

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Gross lies.

Many, many of the best teams gone...playoffs were expanded...it's so watered down, it's water logged logged at this point.

Expanded playoffs don't water down FCS. If anything, that strengthens FCS (as it causes more teams to fight harder for a playoff spot).

No, it means more average teams make the playoffs.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
LOL, comparing Montana to Alabama is the simplistic viewpoint. Every kid in America know Alabama, barely any kids in America know Montana. I knew this would be your angle.

I don't have an angle. Griz are resourced to win. That's it. They have just about every advantage except a permanent indoor practice facility, which is being (partially) remedied.

The likely no. 1 factor is being located in the heart of great recruiting country. Say, the Southeast or So. CA for example.The Griz lack that factor. The weather doesn't help either. Some kids are not going to go to college and play in the cold and snow, nor in non-diverse small towns. Sorry, but every athletic Black kid doesn't want to come to Missoula.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Even if it does, so what? The same good teams make the playoffs either way, and I think the expanded format makes the playoffs stronger overall, at least by a bit. The main topic ws FCS, not the playoffs, by the way. As I said, there is zero argument or logic that expanded playoffs waters down FCS. ZERO.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
I don't have an angle. Griz are resourced to win. That's it. They have just about every advantage except a permanent indoor practice facility, which is being (partially) remedied.

The likely no. 1 factor is being located in the heart of great recruiting country. Say, the Southeast or So. CA for example.The Griz lack that factor. The weather doesn't help either. Some kids are not going to go to college and play in the cold and snow, nor in non-diverse small towns. Sorry, but every athletic Black kid doesn't want to come to Missoula.

WTF does race have to do with this? Good lord.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Even if it does, so what? The same good teams make the playoffs either way, and I think the expanded format makes the playoffs stronger overall, at least by a bit. The main topic ws FCS, not the playoffs, by the way. As I said, there is zero argument or logic that expanded playoffs waters down FCS. ZERO.

Provide facts to support your assertion that "teams fight harder" in an expanded playoff format.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
LOL, comparing Montana to Alabama is the simplistic viewpoint. Every kid in America know Alabama, barely any kids in America know Montana. I knew this would be your angle.

UM doesn't have just about every advantage, if they did, they would have the best recruiting class in FCS year in and year out, yet they are battling to just be top 5 in the BSC. You struggle to understand that there are numerous factors that UM can not control, no matter how much money and how many fans.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Provide facts to support your assertion that "teams fight harder" in an expanded playoff format.

More teams have a chance to go because there are more slots open and more conference championships. They work harder to get there. It's added incentive.

Please provide facts to prove my assertion wrong. You can't. You can't even provide a good and supported opinion, because you are dead wrong. See how many people agree with you.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

UM doesn't have just about every advantage, if they did, they would have the best recruiting class in FCS year in and year out, yet they are battling to just be top 5 in the BSC. You struggle to understand that there are numerous factors that UM can not control, no matter how much money and how many fans.

Soldier doesn't understand football, UM football or recruiting. He says dumb stuff like this fairly often.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

You don't realize that most of the speed, many of the skill players, and lots of the athleticism are Black? 70% of the players in the NFL are Black. 13.6% of the US is Black. What planet are you from? You probably don't the percentage of Black people in the US military is. Different subject, obviously.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

You don't realize that most of the speed, many of the skill players, and lots of the athleticism are Black? 70% of the players in the NFL are Black. 13.6% of the US is Black. What planet are you from? You probably don't the percentage of Black people in the US military is. Different subject, obviously.

You have lost your mind.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

More teams have a chance to go because there are more slots open and more conference championships. They work harder to get there. It's added incentive.

Please provide facts to prove my assertion wrong. You can't. You can't even provide a good and supported opinion, because you are dead wrong. See how many people agree with you.

You made the assertion.

All you've provided is a nonsensical opinion. I've never been on a team that didn't fight hard to win...ever. Maybe you have though.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

I understand all of that and struggle at nothing.

Given all of the things the Griz have as I've stated above, they should be winning...certainly competing for national championships.

5th in BSC for recruiting is gross, if true.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Soldier doesn't understand football, UM football or recruiting. He says dumb stuff like this fairly often.

:coffee: :finger:

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Given all of the things the Griz have as I've stated above, they should be winning...certainly competing for national championships.

And yet they aren't. Why do you think that is?

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

And yet they aren't. Why do you think that is?

Good question.

How many people know that the Griz were in the top 10 in total wins in the last decade, ending in 2010? For FCS teams. Some egriz posters seem to think the Griz were in the bottom 10 during that decade.

mthoopsfan said:
How many people know that the Griz were in the top 10 in total wins in the last decade, ending in 2010? For FCS teams. Some egriz posters seem to think the Griz were in the bottom 10 during that decade.

Agree. However, how did they stackup in the following decade ( 2011 - 2021)? The Griz have the potential to be a top 10 FCS team every year. I cheer for that potential every year.

Back