• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 Expectations

How will Griz Finish the season?

• National Champions

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • BSC Champions

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • BRAWL Winners

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Semifinalists

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Quarterfinalists

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Out in first round

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • bobcats Suck

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I only needed one vote which I used on "miss the playoffs".
Great poll idea! Hope my expectations for the griz are met!

😉

SoldierGriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
I expect soldier to regurgitate his canned criticisms regardless of how the Griz do. I find them as enlightening and informing as the washing instructions on a bottle of shampoo.

BTW, I'm so dismayed with the trajectory of this team I doubled my season ticket purchases.

GASLIGHTING 101

Nope. Go back to early last season and you'll see that I was praising the team as much as anyone on here.
1. was commenting on your endless broken record diatribes after the season ended. But nice pivot.
You've lost your mind if you think I cheer against the Griz.

2. Nothing even close to a comment on who you will be cheering for next season, but don't let that put a damper on your dark predictions.

horribilisfan8184 said:
SoldierGriz said:
GASLIGHTING 101

Nope. Go back to early last season and you'll see that I was praising the team as much as anyone on here.
1. was commenting on your endless broken record diatribes after the season ended. But nice pivot.
You've lost your mind if you think I cheer against the Griz.

2. Nothing even close to a comment on who you will be cheering for next season, but don't let that put a damper on your dark predictions.

Gaslighting 102.

I cheer for the Griz as hard as anyone. They need to get better. No FCS team has the combination of money, facilities, fan support, and history.

Stop making excuses for the program who has thus far underperformed in a massively watered down FCS relative to RTD.

Is that canned enough for you, or would you like another helping? Just lemme know.

SoldierGriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Gaslighting 102.

I cheer for the Griz as hard as anyone. They need to get better. No FCS team has the combination of money, facilities, fan support, and history.

Stop making excuses for the program who has thus far underperformed in a massively watered down FCS relative to RTD.

Is that canned enough for you, or would you like another helping? Just lemme know.

You don't cheer hard for the Griz. You criticize the Griz. You have narratives, which are wrong and which you won't give up. The program has not "underperformed" and the FCS is not "massively watered down". While losing Johnson caused UM to lose a few games it should have won, UM has been steadily improving each year that Hauck has been back. I anticipate more improvement this coming year, subject to the new QB's stepping up big enough. If they don't look the part in spring ball, then I assume UM will look at a top dropdown who hasn't won the starting job in spring ball.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Gaslighting 102.

You don't cheer hard for the Griz. You criticize the Griz. You have narratives, which are wrong and which you won't give up. The program has not "underperformed" and the FCS is not "massively watered down". While losing Johnson caused UM to lose a few games it should have won, UM has been steadily improving each year that Hauck has been back. I anticipate more improvement this coming year, subject to the new QB's stepping up big enough. If they don't look the part in spring ball, then I assume UM will look at a top dropdown who hasn't won the starting job in spring ball.

Good grief. So much wrong with this post. How do you look yourself in the mirror playa? Seriously.

They have underperformed relative to RTD. They are dominant in zero ways.
The FCS is watered down.

Those are facts. Don't lie.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:
No FCS team has the combination of money, facilities, fan support, and history.

The fallacy that these 4 factors relate to winning or an overall recruiting advantage.

Tell us more why the Griz with all of their advantages in a watered down FCS are not doing better given all the resources available to them. Seriously...Appy Gone, SHSU gone, JMU gone, Geo Southern gone....shall I go on? There are a dozen or so former playoff-caliber teams that have moved on to the FBS. Griz have money - location, facilities, a rabid fan base, and a (long-ago) legacy of excellence...There is NO reason RTD should NOT be a reality by now.

SoldierGriz
The FCS is watered down.

Soldier - I have empathy for your position. We have disagreed on some topics but not this one. However, and I suspect you know this, you have to pick the hill to defend. Hoops/Playa and others have in essence created the big lie which a majority of e-griz buys into. FCS is so weak that out of approximatly 120 teams only about 8 have a real chance at winning a championship which at this point means almost nothing. The Griz have every advantage but can't take care of business under Hauck. The Griz haven't even approached the final four in quite some time. Hauck is simply an illusion that they can't let go of, even though he couldn't win the natty with multiple chances in his previous stint. But hope springs eternal for many that the next year will be the year to win a meaningless "championship". I'm pretty sure you will not convince the majority of egriz otherwise. I've given up but I respect your effort to bring some logic to the forum.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
The fallacy that these 4 factors relate to winning or an overall recruiting advantage.

Tell us more why the Griz with all of their advantages in a watered down FCS are not doing better given all the resources available to them. Seriously...Appy Gone, SHSU gone, JMU gone, Geo Southern gone....shall I go on? There are a dozen or so former playoff-caliber teams that have moved on to the FBS. Griz have money - location, facilities, a rabid fan base, and a (long-ago) legacy of excellence...There is NO reason RTD should NOT be a reality by now.

Easy, a kid from Cali or AZ doesn't care about those things as much as you think they do. There are so many reasons a kid will pick a school, from location to weather to staying close to family to a girlfriend to whomever knows why. So yes, there are probably hundreds of reasons why RTD isn't a reality.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

Easy, a kid from Cali or AZ doesn't care about those things as much as you think they do. There are so many reasons a kid will pick a school, from location to weather to staying close to family to a girlfriend to whomever knows why. So yes, there are probably hundreds of reasons why RTD isn't a reality.

So many thing wrong with your simplistic view. Look, Tuscaloosa is not the best place on the planet...yet they have figured out RTD. They have done so based on the factors I stated above. The thing missing from the Griz is winning...

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

So many thing wrong with your simplistic view. Look, Tuscaloosa is not the best place on the planet...yet they have figured out RTD. They have done so based on the factors I stated above. The thing missing from the Griz is winning...

LOL, comparing Montana to Alabama is the simplistic viewpoint. Every kid in America know Alabama, barely any kids in America know Montana. I knew this would be your angle.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Good grief. So much wrong with this post. How do you lo ok yourself in the mirror playa? Seriously.

The FCS is watered down.

The season was disappointing on because they lost a few games when the qb got hurt. Anyone who understands football would know that.

No, they didn't "underperform", as I just said. I said nothing about dominance. RTD means "return" to dominance.

The FCS is not watered down, in my view. North Dakota State and SDS are 2 of the better teams ever to play in FCS. They are newer to the scene. How many FCS teams have beaten more good FBS teams than NDSU? App St was very good for a shorter period of time. Won 3 national champs. Geo. So. was good and won a goodly number of championships. Boise won one championship,, and Idaho won zero. Marshall won 2. Incarnate Word. Sac State. DE is still around. EWU is newer to the top FCS scene. JMU has been gone only one year. I think App St and Geo So are the only FCS teams that moved up, to have won more than 2 national championships.

My view is that watered down is a myth and a narrative. NDSU and this year's SDS team would have clobbered almost all of those teams.

SoldierGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

FCS is not watered down. SH won one championship. JMU has been gone one year, and won only 2.

Playoff caliber teams? That's your criteria for watered down?

The reason for no RTD this past year was Johnson's injury.

sdk.catfish said:
SoldierGriz
The FCS is watered down.

Soldier - I have empathy for your position. We have disagreed on some topics but not this one. However, and I suspect you know this, you have to pick the hill to defend. Hoops/Playa and others have in essence created the big lie which a majority of e-griz buys into. FCS is so weak that out of approximatly 120 teams only about 8 have a real chance at winning a championship which at this point means almost nothing. The Griz have every advantage but can't take care of business under Hauck. The Griz haven't even approached the final four in quite some time. Hauck is simply an illusion that they can't let go of, even though he couldn't win the natty with multiple chances in his previous stint. But hope springs eternal for many that the next year will be the year to win a meaningless "championship". I'm pretty sure you will not convince the majority of egriz otherwise. I've given up but I respect your effort to bring some logic to the forum.

FCS is not watered down.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
Good grief. So much wrong with this post. How do you lo ok yourself in the mirror playa? Seriously.

The FCS is watered down.

The season was disappointing on because they lost a few games when the qb got hurt. Anyone who understands football would know that.

No, they didn't "underperform", as I just said. I said nothing about dominance. RTD means "return" to dominance.

The FCS is not watered down, in my view. North Dakota State and SDS are 2 of the better teams ever to play in FCS. They are newer to the scene. How many FCS teams have beaten more good FBS teams than NDSU? App St was very good for a shorter period of time. Won 3 national champs. Geo. So. was good and won a goodly number of championships. Boise won one championship,, and Idaho won zero. Marshall won 2. Incarnate Word. Sac State. DE is still around. EWU is newer to the top FCS scene. JMU has been gone only one year. I think App St and Geo So are the only FCS teams that moved up, to have won more than 2 national championships.

My view is that watered down is a myth and a narrative. NDSU and this year's SDS team would have clobbered almost all of those teams.

I literally could not have put it better. I'm on the same page as you with your reasons for FCS not being watered down. Great explanation.

Allezchat said:
mthoopsfan said:

I literally could not have put it better. I'm on the same page as you with your reasons for FCS not being watered down. Great explanation.

The past 2 seasons have been the strongest the Big Sky has ever been. The MW is very strong most years.

Gross lies.

Many, many of the best teams gone...playoffs were expanded...it's so watered down, it's water logged logged at this point.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

LOL, comparing Montana to Alabama is the simplistic viewpoint. Every kid in America know Alabama, barely any kids in America know Montana. I knew this would be your angle.

I don't have an angle. Griz are resourced to win. That's it. They have just about every advantage except a permanent indoor practice facility, which is being (partially) remedied.

Allezchat said:
mthoopsfan said:

Of course a cat fan wants to preserve the myth that the FCS is not watered down because it would dilute their recent successes. Shocking.

Back