• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 Expectations

How will Griz Finish the season?

• National Champions

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • BSC Champions

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • BRAWL Winners

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Semifinalists

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Quarterfinalists

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Out in first round

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • bobcats Suck

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:
I said none of those things...don't lie Playa; it is unbecoming.

I didn’t say you did. I said you probably think those things. If you don’t, feel free to tell us what you think. You seem to think that Hauck should be fired because Johnson got hurt. Or, do you think Johnson getting didn’t impact the season?

Hauck should not be fired because the QB got hurt...that is dumb.

Yes, the backup QB situation last season negatively impacted the season.

So, no I don't think those things...so don't lie or assume; that's lame.

kemajic said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
We have to shoot it so we know what's in it!
It's only $400,000 a shot, what's everyone complaining about. Double that when they miss the first one. $12 science project balloons are a challenge to bring down.

Yeah we should defund that part of the military, they suck and aren't needed.

Idaho is on the upswing, and the cats are damn good. But I see the Griz beating Sac in Missoula, that will be one hell of a game.

Beat the neighbors and quarterfinals leading.

I want to know who the 6 are that picked win the natty...kool-aid pumping through those veins!

SoldierGriz said:

I want to know who the 6 are that picked win the natty...kool-aid pumping through those veins!

I was the 7th! In less than a year I am hoping someone is eating Crow! :roll:

SoldierGriz said:

I expect a natty every year! Almost always let down but every year brings new hopes and the same expectations.

I don’t know what’s funnier. That only 31 people selected “Bobcats Suck” or that seven people here actually think we’re finishing the season as national champs.

Dillon said:
SoldierGriz said:

I would eat a truckload full of crow.

But I think I’m pretty safe…

Dillon said:
SoldierGriz said:

The crow would be delightful!

Bozeman, Idaho, and Davis are all going to be tough outs.

I'm hoping that past performance is not indicative of future results. In other words, just hoping for the best, but not going to be let down because my expectations were way to far out over my skis. I'm past the point of being a spoiled Griz fan.

AZGrizFan said:
I don’t know what’s funnier. That only 31 people selected “Bobcats Suck” or that seven people here actually think we’re finishing the season as national champs.

When it comes to Griz Football, I make the choice to be hopeful without caring if I’m correct. I hope the coaches and players do the same—The “Why not us?” mentality.

That’s just me; I know others prioritize being correct, and that’s fine, too.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

When it comes to Griz Football, I make the choice to be hopeful without caring if I’m correct. I hope the coaches and players do the same—The “Why not us?” mentality.

Totally agree. Otherwise, why even play the game?

GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Totally agree. Otherwise, why even play the game?

There is only one poster on eGriz who ever played the game...

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Listen bub: I HOPE we win the national championship, but do I EXPECT to win it? Those are two entirely different conversations and HOPE wasn’t the question.

AZGrizFan said:
Think of the level of accountability.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Listen bub: I HOPE we win the national championship, but do I EXPECT to win it? Those are two entirely different conversations and HOPE wasn’t the question.

My glaring inability to separate hope from expectation has done me well. I apply it to Griz football, for better or worse. It’s so much more fun.

I look at the Griz like I would consider the prospects of any team that's finished 6th, 3rd, 3rd and 6th consecutively. A second or first place finish is highly unlikely.
A third place finish would be in range. The big if is QB. Montana is as green at QB as it's been in maybe 25 years. I'm assuming Kris Brown doesn't count.
Teams like that don't rise up and win the conference. Beat their rival, etc.

I think we will have an "average" team. Playoff for sure but "trouble" with Cats and second round exit.
I like the coaching changes for the future after the QB get experience.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

My glaring inability to separate hope from expectation has done me well. I apply it to Griz football, for better or worse. It’s so much more fun.

It IS glaring.

And my boss always told me: “Hope” isn’t a strategy… :D

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

It IS glaring.

And my boss always told me: “Hope” isn’t a strategy… :D

No one has suggested that hope is a strategy. Only the coaches and perhaps the players know the strategy.

Back