• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

I'm not trying to read anything into this, but we sure seem to be putting a number of offers out there to kids whose only other offers are D-II schools....

AZGrizFan said:
I'm not trying to read anything into this, but we sure seem to be putting a number of offers out there to kids whose only other offers are D-II schools....

Yeah not sure what that exactly means since recruiting is a crap shoot. Coaches like the film apparently so maybe under the radar recruits. Stars don’t necessarily mean anything but offers could. Not sure if it necessarily means it is because of striking out on higher rated targets but suppose that could be a theory.

dayday said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yeah not sure what that exactly means since recruiting is a crap shoot. Coaches like the film apparently so maybe under the radar recruits. Stars don’t necessarily mean anything but offers could. Not sure if it necessarily means it is because of striking out on higher rated targets but suppose that could be a theory.

Stars are based on # of offers and what level of college football those offers are from. Stars have never been based off tape because its basically impossible for those sites to track/analyze that many kids. So like dayday said, if a coaching staff likes what they see in a kid's tape, they will offer him if they trust their process. Sometimes the market for that offer changes once a team like the Griz offers because then more eyes are going to get on that kid to recruit him. The market can also change based off performance during a senior season. Recruiting is gambling on so many levels.

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/chasejohansen2/status/1188240707758284801

Another kid with only a small-school offer on the table.

Don’t know anything about the level of football he plays at, but his tape looks like Dante Olson!

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/chasejohansen2/status/1188240707758284801

Another kid with only a small-school offer on the table.

Don’t know anything about the level of football he plays at, but his tape looks like Dante Olson!

Looks like Weber just offered him too. Park City HS is 4A, with 6A being the highest classification in the state. They've had an undefeated regular season and are ranked #1 in the state in their classification.

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/rishidaniels/status/1187047725885353984

Not to over analyze, anything can happen in recruiting but Rishi seems like pretty much like a lock and that Montana was the offer he was waiting for. Reading the reply's to his offer announcement which is "pinned" is very telling. Hope it sticks!

wbtfg said:
bgbigdog said:
Griztrain said:
AZGrizFan said:
No offer yet....at least not according to this article...

Ah crap, I got ahead of myself.

What’s going on @ state ag? No offer yet? Must be a mistake.

We don't offer WR's....only OL and DL. Choate is the polar opposite of Stitt. ;)

Well no reason to recruit any WR's until he can figure put how to recruit someone that can actually throw them the ball.

Back