• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

codycleve said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/EnnisRakestraw/status/1189004769312030720

Lol. Have you seen this kid’s list of offers? :shock:

Well we did just have people complaining about offering kids with only a few small school offers lol.
Yes, that was me, lol. One extreme to the other?

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/EnnisRakestraw/status/1189004769312030720

If this kid choses Montana, I'm relatively confident that by the time he graduates, we will name a town after him.

[/quote]

If this kid choses Montana, I'm relatively confident that by the time he graduates, we will name a town after him.
[/quote]

We already have a Straw, Montana, maybe we could just add a "Rake"! For those of you who don't know where Straw is located it is between Ripple and Buffalo. :cool:

62GRIZ said:

[/quote]

We already have a Straw, Montana, maybe we could just add a "Rake"! For those of you who don't know where Straw is located it is between Ripple and Buffalo. :cool:
[/quote]

Don't forget Ennis its only 192 miles from Straw. :lol: :thumb: I think this is meant to be. Ennis Rakestraw might as well commit now.

62GRIZ said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or between Judith Gap and Eddies Corner.

I remember this kid now. He’s the one who moved from Huntley Project his senior year.....looks like a pretty good one.

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/ACroy34/status/1189718663487614977 Asher Croy is a Griz

Be curious what position he lands at.

Asher is a very good RB but I’m guessing he will play LB because we have offers out to several top notch RBs

He will struggle to see the field at LB. His best shot is developing at RB and he's a good fit in a Hauck system.

VimSince03 said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:

Asher is a very good RB but I’m guessing he will play LB because we have offers out to several top notch RBs

He will struggle to see the field at LB. His best shot is developing at RB and he's a good fit in a Hauck system.

How did you have O'Connell pegged coming out of HS?

Jace Lewis was a walk-on and look at him now.

Point being...he may be ok at either position.

VimSince03 said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:

Interesting. Watching his tape I think he could develop into a similar player to Janacaro in short yardage, H-back/fullback. A big back that has some good quickness. He might be even faster than Janacaro it was a little hard to tell his top end speed. He definitely has some break away runs in his highlight reel. I think the Griz will try to bring in 2-3 running backs and we are in on some good ones. I’ll also be curious if Jaxon Lee ends up being a running back.

AZGrizFan said:
How did you have O'Connell pegged coming out of HS?

Jace Lewis was a walk-on and look at him now.

Point being...he may be ok at either position.

O'Connell was an All-State TE and LB. If he wanted to play FCS, I felt his best shot was at DE if he added some weight with maybe potential for an H-back type role on offense. Didn't think he had good enough speed to play a true every-down inside linebacker. He goes to Mary, plays MLB, feels he can compete at the FCS level still, walks on to UM as a LB, and finally finds a role for himself as a hybrid DE/LB where he can get after the QB while still taking on some LB duties. Patrick was good on both sides of the ball in high school....like "All-State, Western AA defensive player of the year" good.

Don't know why you are mentioning Jace in this comparison. Jace was one, if not the, best linebacker prospect coming out of a loaded 2016 in-state recruiting class. His instincts and physicality were off the charts and those two traits have allowed him to thrive in a starting role as a junior (and ace special teams player/LB fill-in his first two years). So...Jace was an exceptional LB in high school and he's now an exceptional LB in college. Sure, he was a good QB but only because he was a great athlete at the position (queue Bobcats joke). He was never going to be a college QB.

Both Patrick and Jace were impact football players on both sides of the ball in high school which I can't honestly say for Asher. Asher is really, really good at RB and just okay at LB (when he played it in Class B). If the Griz were to force him in at LB, my believe is it would be a mistake and a misuse of his talent. The tape doesn't lie when he plays RB versus LB.

AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:
6’7 295 #1 OT in Canada https://twitter.com/albertreese15/status/1189758899726897152?s=21

Yes please!

He's the son of a former Edmonton Eskimo, who went to Grambling and had a cup of coffee with the 49ers as well. It looks like he's closed his Canadian recruiting but is still shopping in the states. Holds an offers from Illinois State and Grambling.

Back