• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

GrizGrad2010 said:
Sure feels like we're far behind last year's pace of commitments but in researching the timing from last year, on this date in 2018 we had eight (8) commitments and by the end of October we were up to 11. Appears our bye week fell about the same time last year so hopefully we see 4-5 in the next three weeks and we'd be back to a "normal" pace.

I’m beginning to think that we will not know anything more on any recruits until they sign in December, there is literally nothing on twitter anymore and coaches are not even following any new guys, I love following recruiting but this no information sucks.

grizfan1984 said:
GrizGrad2010 said:
Sure feels like we're far behind last year's pace of commitments but in researching the timing from last year, on this date in 2018 we had eight (8) commitments and by the end of October we were up to 11. Appears our bye week fell about the same time last year so hopefully we see 4-5 in the next three weeks and we'd be back to a "normal" pace.

I’m beginning to think that we will not know anything more on any recruits until they sign in December, there is literally nothing on twitter anymore and coaches are not even following any new guys, I love following recruiting but this no information sucks.

Sure seems like a missed opportunity to build some momentum and allow guys that are on the fence with a couple schools to say "hey, I know that guy" or "holy crap, that's a loaded class, I want to be a part of that" or "how cool, I'm the first CB in that class, and it's not over loaded".

Just seems like for kids who are making the then-biggest decision or their life, giving them some information like all other schools are essentially doing through social media outlets is a good idea for us to also do.

I guess I don't see any benefit/value from withholding that information. Maybe I'm not considering a certain factor though?

And, lastly, I imagine it would be quite difficult to coordinate a mass witholding of commitment announcements, no?

GrizGrad2010 said:
grizfan1984 said:
GrizGrad2010 said:

Sure seems like a missed opportunity to build some momentum and allow guys that are on the fence with a couple schools to say "hey, I know that guy" or "holy crap, that's a loaded class, I want to be a part of that" or "how cool, I'm the first CB in that class, and it's not over loaded".

Just seems like for kids who are making the then-biggest decision or their life, giving them some information like all other schools are essentially doing through social media outlets is a good idea for us to also do.

I guess I don't see any benefit/value from withholding that information. Maybe I'm not considering a certain factor though?

And, lastly, I imagine it would be quite difficult to coordinate a mass witholding of commitment announcements, no?

Not necessarily hard to manage all they have to do is tell the kid they will pull the scholarship if they announce anything. I don’t get it either with why having a problem with a kid announcing his commitment or an offer but that’s what it seems like, if we are afraid another school is going to steal them away if we offer or they commit to us maybe they don’t need to be Griz because they are not 100% sold on the program.

https://247sports.com/college/montana/Article/Hockinsons-Brammer-Has-Seen-an-Increase-of-Interest-135989796/

Offer - WR Peyton Brammer - Bush Prairie, WA (Hockinson Hs)

"I have a number of schools I want to take unofficial to, but right now I’m planning on taking a game visit to Montana.”

Article is from Oct 2nd so maybe he made it to homecoming.

Griztrain said:
https://247sports.com/college/montana/Article/Hockinsons-Brammer-Has-Seen-an-Increase-of-Interest-135989796/

"I have a number of schools I want to take unofficial to, but right now I’m planning on taking a game visit to Montana.”

My current offers are Portland State, Idaho State, Northern Colorado, Jacksonville State, Columbia, Georgetown, Air Force and Lehigh,” Brammer told Cascadia Preps. “I have been talking to Cal, Utah, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, Eastern Washington, Dartmouth, and Rutgers.”

No offer yet....at least not according to this article...

AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:

My current offers are Portland State, Idaho State, Northern Colorado, Jacksonville State, Columbia, Georgetown, Air Force and Lehigh,” Brammer told Cascadia Preps. “I have been talking to Cal, Utah, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, Eastern Washington, Dartmouth, and Rutgers.”

Ah crap, I got ahead of myself.

Griztrain said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:

What’s going on @ state ag? No offer yet? Must be a mistake.

bgbigdog said:
Griztrain said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:

What’s going on @ state ag? No offer yet? Must be a mistake.

We don't offer WR's....only OL and DL. Choate is the polar opposite of Stitt. ;)

Griz1 said:
dayday said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/kennkemp/status/1182391554767556609?s=21

Big time corner commit from Texas.

Are you saying he has committed to us dayday? I don't see it in his twitter.

It kind of seems that way and would be strange to post if he wasn’t but your interpretation is very reasonably as well.

dayday said:
Griz1 said:
dayday said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/kennkemp/status/1182391554767556609?s=21

It kind of seems that way and would be strange to post if he wasn’t but your interpretation is very reasonably as well.

Everybody cross your fingers!

Paytonlives said:
Its Bobby being Bobby... Was just like this the first time he was at UM.

So if there was a recruit who Bobby and the staff really wanted and needed, say a highly recruited CB, and that recruit tweeted out his commitment, would they take away his scholarship offer? Doesn't make sense to me.

behappp said:
Paytonlives said:
Its Bobby being Bobby... Was just like this the first time he was at UM.

So if there was a recruit who Bobby and the staff really wanted and needed, say a highly recruited CB, and that recruit tweeted out his commitment, would they take away his scholarship offer? Doesn't make sense to me.

I think the "Bobby being Bobby" thing is accurate. He likes to play games within the game. I bet he gets his team and recruits to buy into it too. Got to admit, it is fun how people react, what they say, and what they do when someone is playing games with them. Bobby's ways are all in good nature. Dare I say, " Bobby Hauck is perfect for Montana. "

bgbigdog said:
dayday said:
Griz1 said:
dayday said:

Everybody cross your fingers!

Seems like a very interested and enthused recruit to me, but I see nothing in his response that signals a firm commitment yet.

Back