• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Official Signing day List (22 Signed) (8 Transfers) (1 Spring additions) 5 Walk-ons

Griztrain said:
https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1207401983545466880?s=21

Wonder which player they were talking about at the 15:50 point? The one they "convinced" to sign at 10:00 last night?

Full list, with bios
https://gogriz.com/news/2019/12/18/football-griz-add-17-on-first-day-of-early-signing-period.aspx

No predictions, but like the season, today left me feeling pretty optimistic. Great job all around & to you PL. Outstanding work by you partner. :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:
https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1207401983545466880?s=21

Wonder which player they were talking about at the 15:50 point? The one they "convinced" to sign at 10:00 last night?

Was that Brandon Casey?

Look at the OL in here and last year....Gee, do you think the coaches know how screwed we were at that position after the last head coach didn't bother building the team from the trenches outward? Thank god we have a staff that understands the importance of good OL and DL play!

Payton or others...how many scholarships do you think are still able to be given next signing day or to transfers after spring etc?

Ursus1 said:
Payton or others...how many scholarships do you think are still able to be given next signing day or to transfers after spring etc?

I think with 17 seniors moving on, the total class should land around 23-24 players. We signed 17 today and are still waiting on paperwork from Simkins from Butte and possible Earl from JUCO.

So we may actually be at 19 at this point. With those facts in mind, I’d say comfortably that we will grab 4-5 more players for spring/summer.

HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

I think with 17 seniors moving on, the total class should land around 23-24 players. We signed 17 today and are still waiting on paperwork from Simkins from Butte and possible Earl from JUCO.

So we may actually be at 19 at this point. With those facts in mind, I’d say comfortably that we will grab 4-5 more players for spring/summer.

I still think the number will be closer to 25 to 29 by summer. Every spring players move on its all part of the recruiting process. Also, Some of those signed today were partial scholarships.

It's a Dead period until Jan 16th. But Hauck said at his presser that they would be looking at more additions...

I was a little confused when he said they didn't have many senior starters? 9 of 22 seems a significant number especially when 2 of 5 starters on oline, a #37, one of (if not best) linebackers in school history, a leading receiver in in history and 2 starters in an already somewhat vulnerable secondary.

Ursus1 said:
I was a little confused when he said they didn't have many senior starters? 9 of 22 seems a significant number especially when 2 of 5 starters on oline, a #37, one of (if not best) linebackers in school history, a leading receiver in in history and 2 starters in an already somewhat vulnerable secondary.

At first I was like you. Then he clarified and said we weren’t a senior-laden team and certainly played a ton of young guys. Then it made sense. Some programs have like 16 starters who are seniors and I think he was just saying that wasn’t us.

wbtfg said:
On a scale of 1 to Scary Good, how would you rate the class?

I am very pleased. Filled a lot of needs imo. Love the recruits in the trenches and love some of the skills positions. Won’t know for sure for 2-3 years but I am happy with what I see. This staff puts an entirely different emphasis on areas where it counts compared to the previous one, and that alone has me excited.

wbtfg said:
On a scale of 1 to Scary Good, how would you rate the class?

I agree with Hauck on this one. Every player recruited by the FCS is a "projection". Putting a number on them right now is impossible. There are a few players that surprised me that UM signed. Namely the LB from Utah and the WR from Cali... Their film looks like FBS material.

If the move to LB for Asher works, UM has 2 great young LB's

MTGRZ said:
Look at the OL in here and last year....Gee, do you think the coaches know how screwed we were at that position after the last head coach didn't bother building the team from the trenches outward? Thank god we have a staff that understands the importance of good OL and DL play!

Total bullshit take that has been disproven so many times on here as to be almost comical at this point.

Latest posts

Back