• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Official Signing day List (22 Signed) (8 Transfers) (1 Spring additions) 5 Walk-ons

Griztrain said:
VimSince03 said:
If it wasn't clear before Hauck is investing in the offensive line, it should be now. Two classes filled with big bodies. Griz fans should be excited that Bobby is investing resources in getting that offensive line back to the glory days.

Speaking of big bodies, VIM what’s word on Konor Mcclafferty?
Another question, Max Anderson going to Tech surprised me, did UM/Msu only offer partials up against a Tech full ride?

Max's recruitment fell off during his senior season. I don't think he was ever offered a scholarship by either school...just PWO interest.

As far as McClafferty, should be safe to assume his recruitment will push on into January for the second signing period. But after recruits sign during this early period, priorities and recruiting boards change. The Cats and Griz both signed a number of offensive lineman. However, I'm high on Konor and think he should get a partial from one of the two FCS schools in-state.

Paytonlives said:
LB- Asher Croy 6'0" 210 (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT
LB- Chase Johansen 6'1" 215 (Park City HS) Park City, UT

Brock Coyle & Dante Olson in the same class? Watch out BSC.... :lol:

2020 Offers (17)
ATH- Austin Bolt 6'4" 200 (Borah HS) Boise, ID (T 8/1) (UNLV, Utah St. ISU, Spuds, msu)
LS- Peyton Hogan (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (T 12/3) (Utah St.)
RB- Corie Allen 5’ 11” 190 (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (PIN)
RB- Elijah Elliot 5'10" 180 (Central Catholic HS) Portland, OR (T 7/31) (has 20+ offers)
RB/SS- Minaya Olivo 6'0" 190 (Central Catholic HS) Modesto, CA (T 8/1) (UCLA-PWO, Army, AF, UNLV, Poly, Davis, Spuds, kittens)
WR/DB- Cooper Barnum 6'2" 200 (Skyview HS) Vancouver, WA (T 11/3) (WSU- Baseball)
WR/CB- Peyton Brammer 6'5" 205 (Hockinson HS) Brush Prairie, WA (T 10/23)
OL- Hunter Scott 6'5" 245 (Perry HS) Gilbert, AZ (T 12/15) (S. Utah, NAU)
DL/OL- Konnor McClafferty 6'5" (Butte HS) Butte, MT
DL/OL- Toni "JT" Reed 6'3" 295 (Valley Christian HS) San Jose, CA (3-Star) (T 8/1) (Fresno, Sac, Wyo., Libery, N Mex, kittens)
LB- Deandre Fitz-Henley (Ellsworth CC) Iowa Falls,IA
LB-Connor Shay 6'2" 207 (Monte Vista HS) Danville, CA (T 8/1) (Fresno & NAU)
CB- Ennis Rakestraw Jr.6'1" 170 (Duncanville HS) (T 10/28) (Missouri- pinned)
DB- Kenneth Kemp Jr. (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (T 8/1)
DB/WR- Jaylen Clark 6'3" 195 (Lincoln HS) Tacoma, WA (T 8/1) (Colorado)
S/CB- Jonathan Earl 6'3" 180 (Garden West College) Huntington Beach, CA
S- Tim Steward 5'10" 190 (Miss Gulf Coast CC) Hazelhurst, MS

Verballed Elsewhere
LB- Brody Grebe 6'3" 210 (Rosemary Hall Prep) Wallingford, CT (msu)

What I find most interesting about this list of remaining prospects is we (at this point) have lost only ONE (Grebe)...there's been no news on any of the others....

AZGrizFan said:
2020 Offers (17)
ATH- Austin Bolt 6'4" 200 (Borah HS) Boise, ID (T 8/1) (UNLV, Utah St. ISU, Spuds, msu)
LS- Peyton Hogan (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (T 12/3) (Utah St.)
RB- Corie Allen 5’ 11” 190 (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (PIN)
RB- Elijah Elliot 5'10" 180 (Central Catholic HS) Portland, OR (T 7/31) (has 20+ offers)
RB/SS- Minaya Olivo 6'0" 190 (Central Catholic HS) Modesto, CA (T 8/1) (UCLA-PWO, Army, AF, UNLV, Poly, Davis, Spuds, kittens)
WR/DB- Cooper Barnum 6'2" 200 (Skyview HS) Vancouver, WA (T 11/3) (WSU- Baseball)
WR/CB- Peyton Brammer 6'5" 205 (Hockinson HS) Brush Prairie, WA (T 10/23)
OL- Hunter Scott 6'5" 245 (Perry HS) Gilbert, AZ (T 12/15) (S. Utah, NAU)
DL/OL- Konnor McClafferty 6'5" (Butte HS) Butte, MT
DL/OL- Toni "JT" Reed 6'3" 295 (Valley Christian HS) San Jose, CA (3-Star) (T 8/1) (Fresno, Sac, Wyo., Libery, N Mex, kittens)
LB- Deandre Fitz-Henley (Ellsworth CC) Iowa Falls,IA
LB-Connor Shay 6'2" 207 (Monte Vista HS) Danville, CA (T 8/1) (Fresno & NAU)
CB- Ennis Rakestraw Jr.6'1" 170 (Duncanville HS) (T 10/28) (Missouri- pinned)
DB- Kenneth Kemp Jr. (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (T 8/1)
DB/WR- Jaylen Clark 6'3" 195 (Lincoln HS) Tacoma, WA (T 8/1) (Colorado)
S/CB- Jonathan Earl 6'3" 180 (Garden West College) Huntington Beach, CA
S- Tim Steward 5'10" 190 (Miss Gulf Coast CC) Hazelhurst, MS

Verballed Elsewhere
LB- Brody Grebe 6'3" 210 (Rosemary Hall Prep) Wallingford, CT (msu)

What I find most interesting about this list of remaining prospects is we (at this point) have lost only ONE (Grebe)...there's been no news on any of the others....

Bolt stayin in Boise to play on the blue
https://twitter.com/broncosportsfb/status/1207385374512709637?s=21

I'm Guessing since they posted this on Twitter we are done getting names today

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1207401983545466880

Pretty good class so far. Love the additions to the lines and the secondary. Still need some immediate help at DT IMO but I’ve been hoping for a Tonga takai type talent for a couple years now and it hasn’t materialized so perhaps that’s a once a generation type talent at that position for the Griz

So not that stars mean anything really, but they give us fans something to talk about. Griz got a great start:

3 Star

Rishi Daniels S
Erik Barker TE
Xavier Harris RB
Aaron Fontes WR

2 Star

Kevin Good OL
Brandon Casey OL
Robbie Patterson QB
Carson Rostad QB
Chase Johansen LB

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Pretty good class so far. Love the additions to the lines and the secondary. Still need some immediate help at DT IMO but I’ve been hoping for a Tonga takai type talent for a couple years now and it hasn’t materialized so perhaps that’s a once a generation type talent at that position for the Griz

My bet is the two LB will be stars as well as the WR Aaron Fontes

Here is the link to the presser. You can still watch it. He did say he couldn’t comment on a couple as they were wrapping up paperwork and he did say that they shut down their offers about three weeks ago just to see where they would finally land with all of these folks they’ve been recruiting and would finish up in January when the dead period is over. He mentioned that they are pretty much now done got everyone they wanted to sign with the exception of a transfer corner which I am assuming might be Earl. It could be interpreted two ways that Earl is coming and just finishing up some paperwork or they are still in need of a transfer corner since Earl didn’t work out

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/1207404953251090432

Paytonlives said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

My bet is the two LB will be stars as well as the WR Aaron Fontes

Agree 100%. This is definitely still linebacker U. For one reason or another UM has great success recruiting and developing elite linebackers. Fontes is a very pleasant surprise. He should redshirt too with all the talent in front of him at receiver giving him a full 5 years at UM, that is unless they play him on defense. I’m also pleasantly surprised that Casey stuck with his commitment over an offer from Oregon state. Thought for sure we were losing that one. Future is bright with these incoming players.

Back