• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Record - expectations and reality

indian-outlaw said:
HookedonGriz said:
Bear Spray said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Cat fans could learn an important lesson from the 2018-2019 Tampa Bay Lightning.

Griz fans could learn an important lesson from the last 3 losses to the Cats....

Yes like we still have 13 in a row left before I get nervous! 😂😂
Wow, you won't be nervous until the cats win 16 in a row?

Sarcasm, it’s your friend.

Raider said:
indian-outlaw said:
HookedonGriz said:
Bear Spray said:
Griz fans could learn an important lesson from the last 3 losses to the Cats....

Yes like we still have 13 in a row left before I get nervous! 😂😂
Wow, you won't be nervous until the cats win 16 in a row?

Had the same thought. You would think Griz fans would be super humble at this point, losing 3 in a row to “lil bro”, which will be 4 in a row after this season.

Serious question. What makes you so confident the Cats will win this year? Outside of home field advantage - I am not seeing a huge separation between the programs. If anything the Griz have more consistency in coaching and at key positions. I guess Anderson has not graduated. So they have that going for them. Other than that - lots and lots of turnover and questions marks.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Hey now, no need to throw a hissy fit! Nobody is saying the CATS are going to take down NDSU next year. I'm just trying to help y'all out here and point out that if you're expecting the CATS to have a losing season next year (Really stupid prediction), you're going to be seriously disappointed.

The cats may legitimately have the easiest schedule in all of big sky. Like I said they could literally fall asleep and wake up in the playoffs. It is what it is. If they don’t make the playoffs it would be a meltdown of epic proportion where one would have to think your head coach would seriously be on the chopping block

Exactly! Thanks for agreeing with me. That's precisely why I felt the need to call out the stupid post suggesting that the CATS were going to have a losing season in 2019.
The C.A.T.S. might have a winning season but that’ll be more a function of their record than a reflection of their team. They reached their high water mark and instead of “trending,” 2019’s word of the year will be “receding.” Seems like they lost some key guys and, as much as I hate to admit it, nannycamgate resulted in a downgrade at DC.
Plus, they finally find the best QB at this level suited for that O—a kid who literally wins BSC awards at the position and breaks school records—and they want to move him to some other position. Their O will go back to a donkey show trying to look classy. I swear you f***[*] Cat People are masochistic.

This post sounds like someone who really isn't paying attention to what Choate has built and is continuing to build. If you don't think MSU is going to be fighting for the Big Sky title and beyond every single year... I don't know what to tell you. People that are paying attention (Yes, even some griz fans like PR) will tell you they see a CAT team that plays a tough, physically and mentally tough brand of football. The culture is established. You work your ass of every single rep of every single practice and every single game no matter the score. Do the right thing on and off the field. I have yet to see a player on a Choate-led team quit on any play. Add that mentality to a team that has the physical gifts and skills to play D1 football and that is a dangerous combination. I don't know if MSU will win the Big Sky in 2019 but I can tell you they'll be right there.

edit: Pssst, don't you think Choate made the moves at DC and QB for a reason?

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
The cats may legitimately have the easiest schedule in all of big sky. Like I said they could literally fall asleep and wake up in the playoffs. It is what it is. If they don’t make the playoffs it would be a meltdown of epic proportion where one would have to think your head coach would seriously be on the chopping block

Exactly! Thanks for agreeing with me. That's precisely why I felt the need to call out the stupid post suggesting that the CATS were going to have a losing season in 2019.
The C.A.T.S. might have a winning season but that’ll be more a function of their record than a reflection of their team. They reached their high water mark and instead of “trending,” 2019’s word of the year will be “receding.” Seems like they lost some key guys and, as much as I hate to admit it, nannycamgate resulted in a downgrade at DC.
Plus, they finally find the best QB at this level suited for that O—a kid who literally wins BSC awards at the position and breaks school records—and they want to move him to some other position. Their O will go back to a donkey show trying to look classy. I swear you f***[*] Cat People are masochistic.

This post sounds like someone who really isn't paying attention to what Choate has built and is continuing to build. If you don't think MSU is going to be fighting for the Big Sky title and beyond every single year... I don't know what to tell you. People that are paying attention (Yes, even some griz fans like PR) will tell you they see a CAT team that plays a tough, physically and mentally tough brand of football. The culture is established. You work your ass of every single rep of every single practice and every single game no matter the score. Do the right thing on and off the field. I have yet to see a player on a Choate-led team quit on any play. Add that mentality to a team that has the physical gifts and skills to play D1 football and that is a dangerous combination. I don't know if MSU will win the Big Sky in 2019 but I can tell you they'll be right there.

What do you think of Choate deciding not to use all of his available spring practices? Doesn’t sound like the culture you are describing.

WaGriz4life said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

What do you think of Choate deciding not to use all of his available spring practices? Doesn’t sound like the culture you are describing.

That has nothing to do with culture. Choate doesn't even try to hide the fact that he just flat out doesn't like Spring ball. He calls it the "Season for no reason". Yes, he acknowledges that you can get some good work in, and the Cats did, but he's been burned bad a couple years in a row losing key players to season ending injuries in Spring ball. So he scaled things back and limited a lot of the star players. Fared a lot better this year as I think we got out of Spring ball healthy.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Not to feed the board troll, but couldn't resist responding. On losing your DC, trust me, Griz fans were singing the same neurotic tune when Traitorak left - "The new young-gun is primed to shine...Head coach knows best... We'll be just fine". I would pontificate your DC was the sole reason you were able to stay in most of your games the last few seasons. He certainly was for us.

The parallels are eerily similar. Given the lack of offensive prowess over the same tenure, I'm certain a lot of easterners are secretly trembling in their size 8 Tony Lamas at the likely prospect of a declining defensive trajectory.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

This post sounds like someone who really isn't paying attention to what Choate has built ... I have yet to see a player on a Choate-led team quit... don't you think Choate made the moves at DC and QB for a reason?
Please forgive me for not “paying attention” to the C.A.T.S. :lol: I guess that’s something all big bro’s are guilty of.
Funny, for not paying attention, I seem to know more about the C.A.T.S. than you. Just off the top of my head, I can recall a few Choat-led’s “quitting.” I remember seeing this awful video of some poor schmuck giving the most pathetic effort I’ve ever seen in a drill, something about Xanax, didn’t some RB playing QB quit going to class? and I guess several players and their fans suffer from Donny-Long-no-show syndrome. Sounds awful.
Let me ask you: if Mr Chode is building such an awesome program, why does he suck so bad at filling the most important position? Serious question. By year 4, should there still be a QB controversy?

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

This post sounds like someone who really isn't paying attention to what Choate has built ... I have yet to see a player on a Choate-led team quit... don't you think Choate made the moves at DC and QB for a reason?
Please forgive me for not “paying attention” to the C.A.T.S. :lol: I guess that’s something all big bro’s are guilty of.
Funny, for not paying attention, I seem to know more about the C.A.T.S. than you. Just off the top of my head, I can recall a few Choat-led’s “quitting.” I remember seeing this awful video of some poor schmuck giving the most pathetic effort I’ve ever seen in a drill, something about Xanax, didn’t some RB playing QB quit going to class? and I guess several players and their fans suffer from Donny-Long-no-show syndrome. Sounds awful.
Let me ask you: if Mr Chode is building such an awesome program, why does he suck so bad at filling the most important position? Serious question. By year 4, should there still be a QB controversy?

Hey garizzalies, you know Chris Murray is back for more football. Wonder what they do with him?

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Uh, you're helping making my point so thanks! Step out of line, or slack off in this program and you're done.

As for the QB situation, isn't a bit concerning for you that TA earned All Conference First Team QB in 2018 yet Choate said that's not good enough and we absolutely need better play at the QB position? Same type of scenario with TG, if you read that article. TG was pretty honest about it. Choate said he's out because we can't just be good on defense, we have to be dominant.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Uh, you're helping making my point so thanks! Step out of line, or slack off in this program and you're done.

As for the QB situation, isn't a bit concerning for you that TA earned All Conference First Team sCAT back in 2018 yet Choate said that's not good enough and we absolutely need better play at the sCAT back position? Same type of scenario with TG, if you read that article. TG was pretty honest about it. Choate said he's out because we can't just be good on defense, we have to be dominant.

FIFY

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

As for the QB situation, isn't a bit concerning for you that TA earned All Conference First Team QB in 2018 yet Choate said that's not good enough and we absolutely need better play at the QB position? Same type of scenario with TG, if you read that article. TG was pretty honest about it. Choate said he's out because we can't just be good on defense, we have to be dominant.

Yeah, except that is not what's going on with your QBs. TA is and always was a linebacker. He's probably among the top 5 athletes in the BSC. You are lucky to have him...but he is not a qb. The truth is the majority of cat fans are wondering about the qb situation on bozeman. Chote has not done well with the position...and it's ok to say it.

I think he is doing well with most other things btw.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

You damn engineers are rock heads—book smart but dumb AF when it comes to common sense. You said you can’t think of a single quitter, I give you several examples even tho I’m not even really paying attention, and that proves your point? #catlogic.
Then you answer my question with another question. Ok. So let me see if I can play along: is it concerning to me that the best LB in the conf got moved to his natural position? Sure I guess. But that still doesn’t address my question at all. Wanna try again? Why does Chode suck so bad with QBs?
Wanna hear my theory why a Choat-led team is never a QB-led team? Because no QB worth a damn and who would be a fit, is willing to come to our fine state to run the triple option. How about at Sunny SLO? Sure. Some sunny southern school? You bet. Sloppy Bozeman? No thanks.
But, but, he’s building a culture?
No, he’s building a bridge to nowhere. Of course, Carroll just went to the triple-O so, after 70 years, maybe that archaic O is making a comback

SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Yeah, except that is not what's going on with your QBs. TA is and always was a linebacker. He's probably among the top 5 athletes in the BSC. You are lucky to have him...but he is not a qb. The truth is the majority of cat fans are wondering about the qb situation on bozeman. Chote has not done well with the position...and it's ok to say it.

Ya, I will agree last year was a shit show at QB but there was some bad luck mixed in there as well. Obviously the Murray grades issue happened and perhaps Choate needs to take some blame for that, and Travis Jonsen gets injured, Tucker Rovig gets injured, pretty much realized TA was our best bet to win games. Once healthy, many thought TJ as a 4 start Oregon recruit would be a good or great QB in the Big Sky but again, Choate might have misjudged that. Fortunately he is turning into a damn good receiver and was voted a team captain by his team mates heading into 2019.

poorgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Ya, I will agree last year was a shit show at QB but there was some bad luck mixed in there as well. Obviously the Murray grades issue happened and perhaps Choate needs to take some blame for that, and Travis Jonsen gets injured, Tucker Rovig gets injured, pretty much realized TA was our best bet to win games. Once healthy, many thought TJ as a 4 start Oregon recruit would be a good or great QB in the Big Sky but again, Choate might have misjudged that. Fortunately he is turning into a damn good receiver and was voted a team captain by his team mates heading into 2019.

I called it in an earlier post but will repeat, I see Bozeman with 2 wins (Norfolk at home and UNC on the road) there is not another team on your schedule that the Cats should be anything more than a coin flip.

Cats 2-10, or worse. :thumb: Can't wait to see that! The last thing Choate's feet would touch, after Bobscat Stadium would be I-90, somewhere outside of Bozeman. That rail ride would be awesome, to watch. :lol:

poorgriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:

That has nothing to do with culture. Choate doesn't even try to hide the fact that he just flat out doesn't like Spring ball. He calls it the "Season for no reason". Yes, he acknowledges that you can get some good work in, and the Cats did, but he's been burned bad a couple years in a row losing key players to season ending injuries in Spring ball. So he scaled things back and limited a lot of the star players. Fared a lot better this year as I think we got out of Spring ball healthy.
:lol: Choate doesn’t believe in spring practices! Hilarious. How many championship level head coaches do you think agree with him? High school included.

SaskGriz said:
poorgriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
poorgriz said:

I called it in an earlier post but will repeat, I see Bozeman with 2 wins (Norfolk at home and UNC on the road) there is not another team on your schedule that the Cats should be anything more than a coin flip.

:lol:

tourist said:
Cats 2-10, or worse. :thumb: Can't wait to see that! The last thing Choate's feet would touch, after Bobscat Stadium would be I-90, somewhere outside of Bozeman. That rail ride would be awesome, to watch. :lol:

:lol:

Back