• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Record - expectations and reality

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Texas Tech beat EWU 56-10, WITHOUT Patrick Mahomes. And without a defense. You'll lose by more than 46.

You think we will lose by more than 46? I'll bet you any amount of money you want that you lose by more than we do against our FBS foes...

You're on. I don't bet real $$ with griz fans that aren't my friends because I've been welched on before. Let's bet posting privileges on egriz for a year?

So, Montana is currently ahead of Oregon 35-0. Hmmm.....not sure that’s gonna be enough. Kinda disappointed in Tech right now. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Uh ya.... I win a lot of bets against overconfident griz fans.... :lol:

:coffee: :coffee:

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
You're on. I don't bet real $$ with griz fans that aren't my friends because I've been welched on before. Let's bet posting privileges on egriz for a year?

So, Montana is currently ahead of Oregon 35-0. Hmmm.....not sure that’s gonna be enough. Kinda disappointed in Tech right now. :evil: :evil: :evil:

That was a huge field goal for you, wasn’t it? :lol:

2019 hasn’t been a good year for ol’ poorgriz, has it? :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

That was a huge field goal for you, wasn’t it? :lol:

2019 hasn’t been a good year for ol’ poorgriz, has it? :lol:

Well without the FG it would have been a push (with the MSU/Tech spread)...Griz beat both spreads with the FG! :clap: :clap:

HookedonGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
HookedonGriz said:
hubcap said:
6 wins. And I hope I am made to eat my words.

I’m with ya...similar feelings.

I hope we can pick up two more this season.

I will happily eat the biggest plate of crow ever. I said Griz would be 7-5 though. I’d love to be wrong.

Seems like thats what I guessed too at some point. A lot happened this summer and this staff sure seemed to find the pieces of the puzzle that were missing just in time for fall camp.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
I am not making excuses for Hauck, I just struggle seeing more than 6-7 wins until we see if the Griz can compete in the trenches. Currently, I don't think they are, which will make beating good teams and winning consistently on the road very difficult.

Then who are the 5-6 teams you think we’ll lose to? Because I just don’t see it based on that schedule. I see four losses max.

I think they lose half there road games minimum, so that is at least 3, and I wouldn't pick them over either EWU or Weber currently. That gets me to 5 minimum.

So you think they go 2-3 against South Dakota, PSU, MSU, UCD & Sac State? I think 4-1, or at worst 3-2.

Well, so far they’re 2-0 against that road group. :thumb:

I’m happy to say the reality may exceed my expectations. Which of course is quite the opposite of what Cat fans are accustom to experiencing.

jcu27 said:

I now believe we will go undefeated in conf play. Griz just throttled the previously best team in the conf. Now its us.
My big sigh rankings:
1. UM
2. UCD
3. WSU
4. MSEww
5. Sac St
6. ISU
7. Idaho
8. EWU
9. NAU
10. PSU
11. Cal poly
12. UNC
13. SUU

A W is W and a L an L. No matter how close or why. More points gets the W.

With that said, maybe all the fans that kept reiterating last year's team was just a few turnovers and tenish points away from having one hell of a record Bobby's first year back were on to something.

Hrmmmm.....

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1180296997254787072

Thought this was a really good, thoughtful answer from Cy Sirmon:

“Confidence is always a good thing to have but I would say that we don’t even think into that much,” UM senior center Cy Sirmon said. “It’s more like how confident are you in your job? As an individual, I think that’s what this team does great.

“We put things into segments, day to day, job to job. It’s never, ‘What does the nation think of us?’ Or ‘What does the town think of us?’ It’s, ‘Did I take a good set?’ Did I do my job? Did I do well in the gym today. Did I take it step by step and see the picture unfold? Because that’s what happens when you take care of your job.”

jcu27 said:
jcu27 said:

I now believe we will go undefeated in conf play. Griz just throttled the previously best team in the conf. Now its us.
My big sigh rankings:
1. UM
2. WSU
3. Sac St
4. MSEww
5. UCD
6. Idaho
7. NAU
8. EWU
9. ISU
10. PSU
11. Cal poly
12. UNC
13. SUU

uofmman1122 said:
So I take it we're collectively a "no" on firing Hauck, then. Right? :lol:

You would like to think so, wouldn't you? I think if we somehow managed to lose 2 of the last 3 games, especially the Cat game, there would be plenty around here calling for his head on a stake.

cclarkblues said:
uofmman1122 said:

You would like to think so, wouldn't you? I think if we somehow managed to lose 2 of the last 3 games, especially the Cat game, there would be plenty around here calling for his head on a stake.
I mean, according to a lot of people in this thread, any more games we win are "just gravy", since we already got to 7 wins. ;)

cclarkblues said:
uofmman1122 said:

If thre Griz lose 2 of 3 to finish the season, that would put them at 8-4, exactly where many fans expected then to finish. Also, they would probably make the playoffs.

cclarkblues said:
I think if we somehow managed to lose 2 of the last 3 games, especially the Cat game, there would be plenty around here calling for his head on a stake.

A bunch of clueless twits.

grizindabox said:
cclarkblues said:
I think if we somehow managed to lose 2 of the last 3 games, especially the Cat game, there would be plenty around here calling for his head on a stake.

A bunch of clueless twits.

I pray to god we have a good enough record to enable all those folks obsessed with a certain prior former previous ex-coach and QB to take the advice of the Frozen princess and finally “let it go, let it gooooooo..”

:lol: :lol:

Back