• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Vim's Montana High School Football Recruiting List

WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I've stated before that Andersen is a major athlete, in football and basketball (possessing state championships).

Anderson is the best recruit in the state,

I should have included Troy Anderson's track state championship:

1 11.05a May 28 MHSA Class A Championships V P
1 11.12a May 28 MHSA Class A Championships V F

So when my updated list comes out, the top 3 will be Keaton Anderson, Troy Andersen, and Jaxen Hashley. Just how close are Keaton Anderson and Troy Andersen athletically?

Best Times During Junior Track Season:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)
Keaton - Long Jump (22-7.5)

Troy - (Didn't compete in the High Jump but he can dunk with ease)
Keaton - High Jump (6-6) - The second best jump in the state to Jacob Hadley's (6-6.5)

Troy was an All-State QB/S for Dillon and was the Southwestern A Offensive MVP as a junior. Keaton was First Team All-State at safety for state runner-up Billings Senior. Keaton started receiving interest from the Cats and Griz immediately when his junior season ended. Troy didn't start receiving "significant" interest until his junior track season was up. His stock has really raised since then and FBS teams have been calling. Jaxen has been receiving interest since he was a sophomore. To round out the top 5, Braydon Deming and Tadan Gilman will be in there as well. When will the list be out? I don't I'm kind of pulling a George R.R. Martin and saying it will be done when it's done. I'm only one man and there are 200+ kids to look at. I do have the positions ranked with a Top 10 for each. Now I've begun writing the evaluations/scouting reports.

I'm being told that the Cats are recruiting Keaton Anderson much harder than the Griz at this point.

I'm pretty sure the Griz are aggressively recruiting Keaton Anderson, as are the Cats.

VimSince03 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
VimSince03 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
You always have trouble admitting the truth

Lets not derail the in-state thread...please.

I'm not derailing it, but this guy is one of the homer Griz fans who can't admit that your Bobcats have aced us in recruiting in-state the past few years. So, it is satisfying to see him eat some humble pie in admitting that this one "got away".

The Griz have done just fine with the in-state recruits. The biggest problem with some Griz fans is admitting that the Bobcats have done very well in-state, even the year Jesse Sims, Colin Bingham, Dalton Daum, Holden Ryan, and Josh Sandry went to the Griz. I've done my research on it and there really is no big fight as both teams have gotten steady production from a good amount of in-state kids over the years. The major reason the Bobcats have not been as good on the field has been due to out-of-state recruiting. Way too many swings and misses. Simple as that.

Bobcats have two first team All-big Sky players from in-state. The Griz have one. Just sayin'.

Your view is that the in-state recruiting has been about even, right? If that is true, then we have fallen from the utter dominance we used to have with in-state kids. There were many years where we got 6-7 of the best 8 kids in the state, and rarely lost one that we wanted except as either a legacy kid or a future engineer.

I believe both universities attempt to recruit the best kids from in-state but It's all about the degree you can obtain to get a job when college is done...face it, most don't play sports for a living. Both Universities offer different degrees...too many kids these days working for minimum wage with college degrees...whoever offers the best job opportunity when school is complete wins...

griz4life said:
No kid takes anything until February 2017. Said yes to first offer. That's all.

I agree. Many kids have changed their verbal commitment when the real recruiting season starts. I hope the Griz don't give up on this kid. Let's see how good our coaches are are closing the deal.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
griz4life said:

I agree. Many kids have changed their verbal commitment when the real recruiting season starts. I hope the Griz don't give up on this kid. Let's see how good our coaches are are closing the deal.

Griz don't have a shot at him. If he goes elsewhere, it would be for a FBS opportunity.

reinell30 said:
I believe both universities attempt to recruit the best kids from in-state but It's all about the degree you can obtain to get a job when college is done...face it, most don't play sports for a living. Both Universities offer different degrees...too many kids these days working for minimum wage with college degrees...whoever offers the best job opportunity when school is complete wins...

There are a large number of people that can not fathom that a kid may go somewhere for reasons other than just football.

Bloomberg75 said:
reinell30 said:

There are a large number of people that can not fathom that a kid may go somewhere for reasons other than just football.

Yeah, nowadays it really just comes down to degree and the offer. If those two matchup in the kids favor, they usually go to that university.

VimSince03 said:
Bloomberg75 said:
reinell30 said:

Yeah, nowadays it really just comes down to degree and the offer. If those two matchup in the kids favor, they usually go to that university.

...and if their family has history there...and if their friends are there...and if their woman is there...and and and...there are so many reasons other than uniform color, which we consider more important than the kid does.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
VimSince03 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
havgrizfan said:
Big big get for the Cats. In Class A football, Anderson is a man among boys. Vim, I understand Troy grew up a Cat fan, but BJ doing the recruiting didn't hurt either :).

And, I'm never ashamed to admit, We DID want him anyway!

I'm not derailing it, but this guy is one of the homer Griz fans who can't admit that your Bobcats have aced us in recruiting in-state the past few years. So, it is satisfying to see him eat some humble pie in admitting that this one "got away".

Are you sure you're on the right web site? bobcatnation.com is just down the road, you know, and what has anyone that you aim your vehemence towards ever been fully responsible for such belligerent and inaccurate appraisal?

havgrizfan said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Troy Anderson commits to MSU. Guess the "strong PAC 12 interest" wasn't that strong

Actually, Pac12, Big 10, and MWC all have teams interested. Kid grew up an MSU fan so when the offer came, he took it.

Big big get for the Cats. In Class A football, Anderson is a man among boys. Vim, I understand Troy grew up a Cat fan, but BJ doing the recruiting didn't hurt either :).

And, I'm never ashamed to admit, We DID want him anyway!

And that's NOT a recruiting violation? WTF?

jodcon said:
VimSince03 said:
Bloomberg75 said:
reinell30 said:

...and if their family has history there...and if their friends are there...and if their woman is there...and and and...there are so many reasons other than uniform color, which we consider more important than the kid does.

I agree. Money talks and education is important, but connections and relationships matter just as much. Good recruiters on the staff that can scout, develop relationships, and sell are very valuable.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
VimSince03 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Are you sure you're on the right web site? bobcatnation.com is just down the road, you know, and what has anyone that you aim your vehemence towards ever been fully responsible for such belligerent and inaccurate appraisal?

ZZZZZZZZ. Nice football post

Bloomberg75 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
griz4life said:

Griz don't have a shot at him. If he goes elsewhere, it would be for a FBS opportunity.

And how would you know? Are you related to him or just his spokesperson?

WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
So when my updated list comes out, the top 3 will be Keaton Anderson, Troy Andersen, and Jaxen Hashley. Just how close are Keaton Anderson and Troy Andersen athletically?

Best Times During Junior Track Season:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)
Keaton - Long Jump (22-7.5)

Troy - (Didn't compete in the High Jump but he can dunk with ease)
Keaton - High Jump (6-6) - The second best jump in the state to Jacob Hadley's (6-6.5)

Troy was an All-State QB/S for Dillon and was the Southwestern A Offensive MVP as a junior. Keaton was First Team All-State at safety for state runner-up Billings Senior. Keaton started receiving interest from the Cats and Griz immediately when his junior season ended. Troy didn't start receiving "significant" interest until his junior track season was up. His stock has really raised since then and FBS teams have been calling. Jaxen has been receiving interest since he was a sophomore. To round out the top 5, Braydon Deming and Tadan Gilman will be in there as well. When will the list be out? I don't I'm kind of pulling a George R.R. Martin and saying it will be done when it's done. I'm only one man and there are 200+ kids to look at. I do have the positions ranked with a Top 10 for each. Now I've begun writing the evaluations/scouting reports.

I'm being told that the Cats are recruiting Keaton Anderson much harder than the Griz at this point.

I hope this isn't a post deducing "since the Griz aren't recruiting him as hard, he must not be as good" post. Keaton Anderson is a "real deal" recruit.
Not at all. He's the best DB to ever come out of Billings Senior. Best DB in Billings since Kane Ione. Maybe the best defensive player ever at Senior. I never said the Griz don't want him. Just passing on reliable information that the Cats, to this point, have been recruiting him harder than the Griz.

Don't tell Raider unless you have a change of briefs handy.

VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
Troy Anderson commits to MSU. Guess the "strong PAC 12 interest" wasn't that strong

Actually, Pac12, Big 10, and MWC all have teams interested. Kid grew up an MSU fan so when the offer came, he took it.
Just like the Butte QB Cook, who will never play Division 1 football, had "serious interest from Oregon and several other FBS programs". Which Big Ten and PAC 12 schools have visited him in Dillon, Montana this spring? That would be considered serious interest

WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Just like the Butte QB Cook, who will never play Division 1 football, had "serious interest from Oregon and several other FBS programs". Which Big Ten and PAC 12 schools have visited him in Dillon, Montana this spring? That would be considered serious interest

Or like Dylan Hanser (Washington State) and Will Dissly (Washington). Interest is there and will be there through the fall.

Latest posts

Back