• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Vim's Montana High School Football Recruiting List

IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I've stated before that Andersen is a major athlete, in football and basketball (possessing state championships).

Anderson is the best recruit in the state,

I should have included Troy Anderson's track state championship:

1 11.05a May 28 MHSA Class A Championships V P
1 11.12a May 28 MHSA Class A Championships V F

So when my updated list comes out, the top 3 will be Keaton Anderson, Troy Andersen, and Jaxen Hashley. Just how close are Keaton Anderson and Troy Andersen athletically?

Best Times During Junior Track Season:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)
Keaton - Long Jump (22-7.5)

Troy - (Didn't compete in the High Jump but he can dunk with ease)
Keaton - High Jump (6-6) - The second best jump in the state to Jacob Hadley's (6-6.5)

Troy was an All-State QB/S for Dillon and was the Southwestern A Offensive MVP as a junior. Keaton was First Team All-State at safety for state runner-up Billings Senior. Keaton started receiving interest from the Cats and Griz immediately when his junior season ended. Troy didn't start receiving "significant" interest until his junior track season was up. His stock has really raised since then and FBS teams have been calling. Jaxen has been receiving interest since he was a sophomore. To round out the top 5, Braydon Deming and Tadan Gilman will be in there as well. When will the list be out? I don't I'm kind of pulling a George R.R. Martin and saying it will be done when it's done. I'm only one man and there are 200+ kids to look at. I do have the positions ranked with a Top 10 for each. Now I've begun writing the evaluations/scouting reports.

VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I've stated before that Andersen is a major athlete, in football and basketball (possessing state championships).

So when my updated list comes out, the top 3 will be Keaton Anderson, Troy Andersen, and Jaxen Hashley. Just how close are Keaton Anderson and Troy Andersen athletically?

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

Keaton - High Jump (6-6) - The second best jump in the state to Jacob Hadley's (6-6.5)

Troy was an All-State QB/S for Dillon and was the Southwestern A Offensive MVP as a junior. Keaton was First Team All-State at safety for state runner-up Billings Senior. Keaton started receiving interest from the Cats and Griz immediately when his junior season ended. Troy didn't start receiving "significant" interest until his junior track season was up. His stock has really raised since then and FBS teams have been calling. Jaxen has been receiving interest since he was a sophomore. To round out the top 5, Braydon Deming and Tadan Gilman will be in there as well. When will the list be out? I don't I'm kind of pulling a George R.R. Martin and saying it will be done when it's done. I'm only one man and there are 200+ kids to look at. I do have the positions ranked with a Top 10 for each. Now I've begun writing the evaluations/scouting reports.

You're doing great Vim and your input is appreciated here.

VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

I'm being told that the Cats are recruiting Keaton Anderson much harder than the Griz at this point.

WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

I'm being told that the Cats are recruiting Keaton Anderson much harder than the Griz at this point.

I hope this isn't a post deducing "since the Griz aren't recruiting him as hard, he must not be as good" post. Keaton Anderson is a "real deal" recruit.

VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

I hope this isn't a post deducing "since the Griz aren't recruiting him as hard, he must not be as good" post. Keaton Anderson is a "real deal" recruit.
Not at all. He's the best DB to ever come out of Billings Senior. Best DB in Billings since Kane Ione. Maybe the best defensive player ever at Senior. I never said the Griz don't want him. Just passing on reliable information that the Cats, to this point, have been recruiting him harder than the Griz.

WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:

Troy - 100M (11.05)
Keaton - 100M (11.08)

Troy - 200M (22.42)
Keaton - 200M (22.44)

Troy - Long Jump (20-11)

Not at all. He's the best DB to ever come out of Billings Senior. Best DB in Billings since Kane Ione. Maybe the best defensive player ever at Senior. I never said the Griz don't want him. Just passing on reliable information that the Cats, to this point, have been recruiting him harder than the Griz.

Sorry for assuming WaGriz4life. For a reminder everyone, here is his hudl video: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3031609/5721e65f9a91677e74b782e1

VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Sorry for assuming WaGriz4life. For a reminder everyone, here is his hudl video: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3031609/5721e65f9a91677e74b782e1
Was just going to post this. Complete stud. Hope he is a Griz

WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:

Literally the only thing I can find in his game is that he needs to put on some muscle...which will happen his redshirt year. Even so, he still brings it on every tackle no matter how big the opponent. For example, he posts multiple plays where he has to tackle Trace Bradshaw. Trace runs him over a bunch but Keaton just keeps bringing it. And his pass coverage ability as a high schooler? Outstanding. In my opinion, he is the safest player to come out of Montana next year meaning there are very few holes in his game.

VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Literally the only thing I can find in his game is that he needs to put on some muscle...which will happen his redshirt year. Even so, he still brings it on every tackle no matter how big the opponent. For example, he posts multiple plays where he has to tackle Trace Bradshaw. Trace runs him over a bunch but Keaton just keeps bringing it. And his pass coverage ability as a high schooler? Outstanding. In my opinion, he is the safest player to come out of Montana next year meaning there are very few holes in his game.
He is the best "alley" player against the run I've seen in awhile in MT. Like Colt Anderson. Except Colt wasn't 6'2" or a 6'6" high jumper. I'm not sure who to compare him too. He might be in his own league, like Ione and Colt

WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:

He is the best "alley" player against the run I've seen in awhile in MT. Like Colt Anderson. Except Colt wasn't 6'2" or a 6'6" high jumper. I'm not sure who to compare him too. He might be in his own league, like Ione and Colt

If you want to compare him to an NFL player, I'd say Harrison Smith. Taller, athletic safety who plays the run well, especially on the outside runs. When a runs goes outside, he "washes it away" if he is there.

For another safety out of Montana, don't forget about Shann now. ;)

Regarding that, here are the all-conference safeties who are from Montana who player for the Cats or Griz since 2000:

Vince Huntsberger - Griz (Libby)
Kane Ioane - Bobcats (Billings)
Tyler Thomas - Griz (Dillon)
Matt Lebsock - Griz (Billings)
Torrey Thomas - Griz (Dillon)
Colt Anderson - Griz (Butte)
Shann Schillinger - Griz (Baker)
Michael Rider - Bobcats (Billings)
Joel Fuller - Bobcats (Libby)

Two Libby Loggers bookend this list. Weird.

I've actually tracked every Montana high school player who earned all-conference honors (1st, 2nd, and HM) for the Cats and Griz since 2001. When I figure out a way to post it, I will. This should've already been a known but tracking this made me realize how ridiculously good Bobby was at recruiting Montana.

From 2005-2009, here are the number of Montana-native Grizzlies who made the all-conference list in comparison to the total Grizzlies who made the list:

2005- 9 out of 19 (Lost to Cal Poly in 1st round)
2006- 13 out of 25 (Lost to UMass in the Semis)
2007- 17 out of 29 (Lost to Wofford in 1st round)
2008- 15 out of 24 (Lost to Richmond in FCS Championship)
2009- 14 out of 26 (Lost to Villanova in FCS Championship)

Basically, over that five year span, 55% of their all-conference members were from Montana on average.

VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:

If you want to compare him to an NFL player, I'd say Harrison Smith. Taller, athletic safety who plays the run well, especially on the outside runs. When a runs goes outside, he "washes it away" if he is there.

Regarding that, here are the all-conference safeties who are from Montana who player for the Cats or Griz since 2000:

I've actually tracked every Montana high school player who earned all-conference honors (1st, 2nd, and HM) for the Cats and Griz since 2001. When I figure out a way to post it, I will. This should've already been a known but tracking this made me realize how ridiculously good Bobby was at recruiting Montana.

From 2005-2009, here are the number of Montana-native Grizzlies who made the all-conference list in comparison to the total Grizzlies who made the list:

Basically, over that five year span, 55% of their all-conference members were from Montana on average.

Wow!!! Thanks Vim......not only is total enrollment dropping faster than Hillary's trustworthiness but the ability of the UM to land quality Montana recruits has plummeting even faster.....maybe 'ol Growler was on the something

Teton Cat said:
Wow!!! Thanks Vim......not only is total enrollment dropping faster than Hillary's trustworthiness but the ability of the UM to land quality Montana recruits has plummeting even faster.....maybe 'ol Growler was on the something

And yet the Griz still kick the kitties asses...

Keep it on recruiting and take that weak cheese back to catbox nation.

Teton Cat said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:
VimSince03 said:

Well in the grand scheme, the Grizzlies have had great success with the transfer market over the past five years on offense (Kjelby Oiland, Jamaal Jones, Travon Van, Ellis Henderson). They also have consistently recruited All-Conference level defensive lineman and linebackers for the past.....30 years?

Two Griz are captains, on defense, in the Shrine game:

http://buttesports.com/west-announces-captains-montana-shrine-game/

Captains-690x450.jpg

The student-athletes are standing in front of Metals Sports Bar and Grill (not pictured) on Main and Park in Butte, which is where the vising Griz or Cat team pit-stops for lunch every year on the way to the Griz/Cat game. The visiting colleges' also visit Naranche stadium at Butte High just down the block, on Main... the Griz/Cat game used to be played there.

In the background is the new Northwestern Energy building.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Two Griz are captains, on defense, in the Shrine game:

http://buttesports.com/west-announces-captains-montana-shrine-game/

Captains-690x450.jpg

Really excited to watch everyone play. Will be tuning in and will probably try to do a play-by-play (kind of) over on Bobcatnation. Just go to the Shrine Game thread over there. One thing you won't see from me: "All these Bobcat recruits are doing amazing and all these Griz recruits suck." I literally hate when posters do that for a high school all-star game.

On the East, I expect big games from Jacob Hadley on offense and Trace Bradshaw/Derek Marks/Michael Jobman on defense.

On the West, I expect big games from...well damn near every in-state recruit from the West is playing defense so how about all of them play really well. To note, this will be Jace Lewis, Sean Opland, and Trase LeTexier's 3rd all-star game played in this summer. All will play on the same side of the ball for this one.

Incredible work Vim, I wish I could be tuning in for this one but I look forward to reading your post game analysis. Never a trace of bias either way, which is really good to see regarding high school players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IntuitiveGriz said:
Cole Rosling is sporting UpTop apparel, which is a company partially owned by Colt Anderson.

So is Jace....Colt took care of his old West Shrine team at his visit with them this week.

Back