• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2012 Griz Football Recruiting List- 22 verbals

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not a Chad Newell of Billings Senior, a 6'2" 220 lbs RB/LB, was offered? Had a pretty decent article on him in the Billings Gazette today. Sounds like he might be a pretty good player.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not a Chad Newell of Billings Senior, a 6'2" 220 lbs RB/LB, was offered? Had a pretty decent article on him in the Billings Gazette today. Sounds like he might be a pretty good player.

The Griz are looking at him as a linebacker.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
The other thing though is you need to keep in mind from the students perspective is cost. I got "recruited" by Yale, Columbia, Princeton, and Harvard. Just because you get "recruited" doesn't mean they are going to offer you a scholarship(s). And even if I got offered scholarships to any of those, there would still be no way I would've been able to attend even with FAFSA because those schools cost so much to attend. Stanford is probably the same way. And yes, if I was offered a full ride to any of those schools, I would have went there in a heartbeat! :mrgreen:

That isn't how a stanford works for tuition. Your parents sent in a special form on their Income separate from the FAFSA. The less money your parents make the lower your tuition. If they are below a certain number you have no tuition to pay. Basically their tuition is totally based on family income and family size.

Stanford football would be full ride anyway and the student would only pay travel and spending money. Silly to pass up Stanford if they do offer.

Ianforheisman said:
Montana offers 4 star Cb Marcus Rios, Boise St commit

Is there something we don't know about his status to Boise State then? I find it kind of unusual to offer an already committed player at a higher level.

Anyone know more to this?

mtgrizrule said:
Ianforheisman said:
Montana offers 4 star Cb Marcus Rios, Boise St commit

Is there something we don't know about his status to Boise State then? I find it kind of unusual to offer an already committed player at a higher level.

Anyone know more to this?

With 5 other PAC-10 offers (Arizona, ASU, UCLA, Utah & Wash State). It would have to be a unusual situation for him to pick UM... but stranger things have happened.

Could be that he may have some academic issues and Montana wants to make sure their hat is in the ring. If the bigger schools back away then the Griz could stay in there and steal a nice recruit

The coach, Pflu, has been known to be a great recruiter. One big reason O'Day gave him the job.

I hope the recruiting gods are with us. We are off to a great start. Thanks, Sir Walter Payton for your work on all this.

I had a bud give me a name of a QB leaving the team at U of Texas. Conner Wood was number 3 at the U of Texas. Looking for a home. Pass it on.

Paytonlives you need to add a verbal to the Griz, their was a topic earlier stating that Chase Naccarato verbally committed to the Griz it was in the Spokane newspaper that he had given the Griz a verbal even. Also a new offer per rivals.com Chevy Walker RB Bellevue,Wa.

If this is a 2012 recruiting list then why do we have the following 2011 late signees listed here?

CB/WR Joshua Dennard 5' 11" 180 Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, AZ) (UM this fall)
JC-OL Jordan Hines 6'3" 290 Northwest Christian Academy (Glendale, AZ) (Pheonix Col)(UM this fall)
JC-OL Logan Hines 6'3" 290 Northwest Christian Academy (Glendale, AZ) (Pheonix Col) (UM this fall)

go96griz said:
If this is a 2012 recruiting list then why do we have the following 2011 late signees listed here?

CB/WR Joshua Dennard 5' 11" 180 Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, AZ) (UM this fall)
JC-OL Jordan Hines 6'3" 290 Northwest Christian Academy (Glendale, AZ) (Pheonix Col)(UM this fall)
JC-OL Logan Hines 6'3" 290 Northwest Christian Academy (Glendale, AZ) (Pheonix Col) (UM this fall)

Because PL is nothing if not thorough. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
go96griz said:

Because PL is nothing if not thorough. :lol:

When I started the list these were late signings... IE Spring/summer. I will take them off the list .

Back