• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2012 Griz Football Recruiting List- 22 verbals

WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
Craig is a man against boys; I realize it's a highlight film, but he just doesn't get blocked. Will he be here with the incoming frosh this fall?
He is a 2012 recruit, so he will be a Senior in high school this fall. If he is committed, it will be our 2nd commitment for 2012 along with Bo Harris. Let's hope Oregon State doesn't offer. He has been very impressive at their camps this summer.

Oregon State has offered but they want him to play guard. We have third committment (Kidder from Capital).

loyalgriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
kemajic said:
Craig is a man against boys; I realize it's a highlight film, but he just doesn't get blocked. Will he be here with the incoming frosh this fall?
He is a 2012 recruit, so he will be a Senior in high school this fall. If he is committed, it will be our 2nd commitment for 2012 along with Bo Harris. Let's hope Oregon State doesn't offer. He has been very impressive at their camps this summer.

Oregon State has offered but they want him to play guard. We have third committment (Kidder from Capital).

Guard????? Thats good news for us. No way this kid should to try to play O line in college. I heard about Kidder over the weekend. I love it. Both in stye kids were offered by the Cats too. Pflu and Co. are off to a great start! three D line commits and it's only July? I doubt many other FCS schools are having this much success this early in the process

Today's IR has the story on Caleb Kidder's commitment. He sounds like a great kid from a great family.

http://helenair.com/sports/college/capital-s-kidder-commits-to-um-football/article_2e012880-b815-11e0-9f89-001cc4c002e0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paytonlives said:
List is updated with the 2 Helena Capital players...

Kidder chose the Big Sky Conference school over fellow in-state rival Montana State and a host of other Division I schools, including Boise State, Stanford, the University of Idaho and Washington State. A number of Ivy League schools were also recruiting the Bruin — Harvard, Princeton and Yale showed interest.

Somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I question his intelligence. You get a chance to put STANFORD or an Ivy League school on your resume, you take it. I'd love for my kid to play for the Griz, but there's no WAY he's passing up an Ivy League Eduation to do it, unless I'm positive he's playing at the next level.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

Kidder chose the Big Sky Conference school over fellow in-state rival Montana State and a host of other Division I schools, including Boise State, Stanford, the University of Idaho and Washington State. A number of Ivy League schools were also recruiting the Bruin — Harvard, Princeton and Yale showed interest.

Somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I question his intelligence. You get a chance to put STANFORD or an Ivy League school on your resume, you take it. I'd love for my kid to play for the Griz, but there's no WAY he's passing up an Ivy League Eduation to do it, unless I'm positive he's playing at the next level.

They were recruiting... does not say offered. BTW the verbal doesnt really mean anything, the player can change his mind up until the second he signs...

Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

They were recruiting... does not say offered. BTW the verbal doesnt really mean anything, the player can change his mind up until the second he signs...

True, on both counts. Still, if he's THAT good, I'd be taking a little more time on the decision...guess he can always reverse course if Stanford puts an offer letter in front of him.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

True, on both counts. Still, if he's THAT good, I'd be taking a little more time on the decision...guess he can always reverse course if Stanford puts an offer letter in front of him.

The other thing though is you need to keep in mind from the students perspective is cost. I got "recruited" by Yale, Columbia, Princeton, and Harvard. Just because you get "recruited" doesn't mean they are going to offer you a scholarship(s). And even if I got offered scholarships to any of those, there would still be no way I would've been able to attend even with FAFSA because those schools cost so much to attend. Stanford is probably the same way. And yes, if I was offered a full ride to any of those schools, I would have went there in a heartbeat! :mrgreen:

QB Jason Thompson 6'2" 205 Burien, WA (John F Kennedy Mem HS) (2 Star) (Washington)

Just something to keep in mind. He verbaled to Washington and they want him to play Defense. He wants to play QB and is wavering on his verbal in order to find a place to play QB...

Paytonlives said:
QB Jason Thompson 6'2" 205 Burien, WA (John F Kennedy Mem HS) (2 Star) (Washington)

Just something to keep in mind. He verbaled to Washington and they want him to play Defense. He wants to play QB and is wavering on his verbal in order to find a place to play QB...

I hear Pflu is recruiting a water-boy from Southern CA who can fill twenty water bottles in less than minute! Maybe you can get the inside skinny on him from one of your many sources....... :cool:

Growler1 said:
Paytonlives said:

I hear Pflu is recruiting a water-boy from Southern CA who can fill twenty water bottles in less than minute! Maybe you can get the inside skinny on him from one of your many sources....... :cool:

Don't mind the egriz grinch. Most us appreciate your efforts on this payton. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
Growler1 said:
Paytonlives said:

Don't mind the egriz grinch. Most us appreciate your efforts on this payton. :thumb:

Learn to recognize a joke, dude. Payton slammed me in my thread, so I am returning the favor.....

Growler1 said:
mtgrizrule said:
Growler1 said:
Paytonlives said:

Learn to recognize a joke, dude. Payton slammed me in my thread, so I am returning the favor.....

Thank goodness you are keeping score of the slams. Heaven forbid someone would disagree with you without you getting even.

Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

Hey now, I had Ivy League offers in high school. All of them except Yale. So I was an idiot. Was clueless in high school. They only give accademic scholarships but they wanted me to play football. I always joke with my in-laws that I should be a Princeton grad!

AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

Hey now, I had Ivy League offers in high school. All of them except Yale. So I was an idiot. Was clueless in high school. They only give accademic scholarships but they wanted me to play football. I always joke with my in-laws that I should be a Princeton grad!

:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:
I withdraw my offer of free beer at the NAU tailgate. :| :geek:

:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:
I withdraw my offer of free beer at the NAU tailgate. :| :geek:[/quote]

Believe me, I know, I know.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back