• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2012 Griz Football Recruiting List- 22 verbals

jcu27 said:
Not one QB huh? That's kind of weird...

I wonder about the Montana QBs....another poster mentioned a kid at Sentinel and there's a good one in Billings who has been mentioned on this board a time or two. I like JJ's potential and the kid coming in from Hawaii shows a lot of promise on tape, but QB is always a need, so I'm sure the staff has their eyes on some prospects.

OldtiredGRiz said:
jcu27 said:

I wonder about the Montana QBs....another poster mentioned a kid at Sentinel and there's a good one in Billings who has been mentioned on this board a time or two. I like JJ's potential and the kid coming in from Hawaii shows a lot of promise on tape, but QB is always a need, so I'm sure the staff has their eyes on some prospects.

Riley King would be the Sentinel kid. Zach Peevey from Hellgate is being looked at as well.

59715Grizz said:
Heard through the proverbial grape vine that there was an offer made to Caleb Kidder (Helena Capital) and he verbally committed and an offer to Haakon Nordrum (Skyview) didn't hear about if he committed or not.

:thumb:

Kidder..........check.

There is also another Bruin youngster that has received a Griz offer..........for 2013.....

OldtiredGRiz said:
jcu27 said:

I heard the Gustafson kid is quite possibly the best QB prospect in the state next year, but wouldn't be a good fit for our offense. Big kid (6'7") with a big arm. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. The bobcats already got a QB committment from the kid out of Columbia Falls. I would like to see us land Riley King. Very athletic and would be a good fit for our offense.

Without planning, I ended up at the EWU football camp finish on Saturday. someone on the know, should check out woodinville WA, five or more of those kids can play at this level or higher!

Gustafson has been offered, although it does seem like a strange fit. Kid has huge arm, just not sure his talent would foster in our scheme.

Is anyone doing the math on all these scholarships? Griz had 11 scholarships this year that were available and yet they signed 23? They can divide up scholarships but we know that some players won't come unless they are offered a full scholarship so it just doesn't make sense to me that they could sign so many players. What is going on with the scholarships stuff? Now we hear they have 33 offesr out there? Yes I know they are offers but how many scholarships are actually available this year?
I've seen this before with other programs but never at Montana. Are we now entering into the world of oversigning?

montanasports said:
Is anyone doing the math on all these scholarships? Griz had 11 scholarships this year that were available and yet they signed 23? They can divide up scholarships but we know that some players won't come unless they are offered a full scholarship so it just doesn't make sense to me that they could sign so many players. What is going on with the scholarships stuff? Now we hear they have 33 offesr out there? Yes I know they are offers but how many scholarships are actually available this year?
I've seen this before with other programs but never at Montana. Are we now entering into the world of oversigning?

I think coaches often withdraw offers when they get commitments. They might have a goal of signing 2 wide-recievers and then offer 6. When one commits, they let the others know that they have one WR spot open and if they want it they need to commit sooner rather than later. Gotta play the field, just like the prospects are.

jcu27 said:

A QB has been offered...

QB Sean Rubalcaba 6-2 175 Grand Junction HS (Grand Junction, CO) (2 Star) (3 Offers)

http://hscolorado.scout.com/a.z?s=385&p=8&c=1&nid=5288635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gogriz10 said:
loyalgriz said:
Brady Gustafson ....qb
Caleb Kidder........dl
Russ Morin........te

All offerred in state

ryan burke (wr) out of billings has also been offered. 6'4'' kid

All of those are probably true along with the LB at Helena, but I wait until it is published befor I add them to the list... any news reports?

I believe one of the reasons none of this is public news is because I rarely see the in state Griz recruits on Maxpreps, Rivals ect. I would love to see the state get more respect on those sites but none of them are on there showing the offers and so forth... i love the in state kids. Bring them on

gogriz10 said:
I believe one of the reasons none of this is public news is because I rarely see the in state Griz recruits on Maxpreps, Rivals ect. I would love to see the state get more respect on those sites but none of them are on there showing the offers and so forth... i love the in state kids. Bring them on

Very True... the player/coach has to get agresive in getting them on the sites. The sites wont call them.

Paytonlives said:
gogriz10 said:

Very True... the player/coach has to get agresive in getting them on the sites. The sites wont call them.

As nice as it is to read about recruits on these websites, I for one prefer them laying low just for the GRIZ and Cats to battle for. Until we are at a more prominent position in college football, I would rather not see these guys being revealed to rest the college football world. :thumb:

Back