• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Indoor practice facility

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poop, I hope so. There was a project planned, costs went up, it hasn’t been completed yet, reasons were cited, and a timeline was provided by the AD. I thought it was over.

Now, I’m going on a fact finding mission so I can get to the bottom of this item of first impression for the world. I’m starting with the Physical Plant. What’s it trying to pull? Nobody ever questions it. I’d like to get in there and find some answers.

The physical plant is a friggin relic and eyesore. They should just build a nuclear reactor under Jesse Hall to power campus. They could get some engineers from Butte, America to build it. Kem might be able to help as well as I understand he is a scientist of some flavor.

I like where you're going with this. I think we could make it simpler, though. We get Kem to use his knowledge to clone himself (but as a 20yo), and get cloned Kem to run on a treadmill to power campus. We'd save so much on power costs a permanent IPF would be completed by July.

The original project was just over 7.1 million. They raised 7.4 million. They already bought the bubble. It’s being stored in a warehouse. They then were told with supply chain and some additional features it would be 10 million. They didn’t wanna go back to donors for another 3 million when they already told them all the money was raised. So they had to get a loan for 2.7 million. I know this because I signed off on the loan. Had to go to the board of regents for approval with new price and loan. Will be done end of 2023…hopefully.

Bok_Choi said:
HookedonGriz said:
I thought it was delayed BECAUSE of the additional 3-4 million it was going to take. Wasn’t that stated publicly somewhere?

The athletic department is delaying the construction of the facility, Montana athletic director Kent Haslam said Monday. The aim now is to have it completed by October 2023 after previous estimates looked initially at November 2022 and then March 2023.

“I certainly hear a lot about supply-chain issues, and I think we’re all getting tired of hearing about supply-chain issues and distribution and logistics and all those things,” he said. “But we got to a point with electric transforms, the different products that were needed to build this facility that we would get it done and be up in March of 2023. So, you’re thinking why rush it, why spend more to get product in just to get it done in March just to take it right down in the spring.

Perhaps we just circle wagons around supply chain and call it a day.

If you use quotation marks, cite your source. That way others can know, through reading, that what you say is true. Too often, on this site, there have been quotes that have been pulled out of the quoter's ass. In other words, BULLSH*T!
Here, I'll do it for ya: https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montanas-indoor-practice-facility-expected-next-fall-beer-garden-returns-this-year/article_751e5300-2b09
That wasn't so hard, was it?

BDizzle said:
The original project was just over 7.1 million. They raised 7.4 million. They already bought the bubble. It’s being stored in a warehouse. They then were told with supply chain and some additional features it would be 10 million. They didn’t wanna go back to donors for another 3 million when they already told them all the money was raised. So they had to get a loan for 2.7 million. I know this because I signed off on the loan. Had to go to the board of regents for approval with new price and loan. Will be done end of 2023…hopefully.

This is exactly right. The supply chain and construction costs increased the bid. We saved money by buying the fabric in advance. External group signed off on additional funds. Being paid off by already guaranteed and signed contracts for renting it to outside groups. If they leave it up longer, some of these renters will guarantee more rental income. If it were a permanent structure, they would have guaranteed income year around when not in use by university teams.

3-7-77 said:
Bok_Choi said:
The athletic department is delaying the construction of the facility, Montana athletic director Kent Haslam said Monday. The aim now is to have it completed by October 2023 after previous estimates looked initially at November 2022 and then March 2023.

“I certainly hear a lot about supply-chain issues, and I think we’re all getting tired of hearing about supply-chain issues and distribution and logistics and all those things,” he said. “But we got to a point with electric transforms, the different products that were needed to build this facility that we would get it done and be up in March of 2023. So, you’re thinking why rush it, why spend more to get product in just to get it done in March just to take it right down in the spring.

Perhaps we just circle wagons around supply chain and call it a day.

If you use quotation marks, cite your source. That way others can know, through reading, that what you say is true. Too often, on this site, there have been quotes that have been pulled out of the quoter's ass. In other words, BULLSH*T!
Here, I'll do it for ya: https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montanas-indoor-practice-facility-expected-next-fall-beer-garden-returns-this-year/article_751e5300-2b09
That wasn't so hard, was it?

Cut and pasted from the original article.

Dropped us a broken link. I guess it was harder than you thought boo.

KILO217 said:
Will it be built in anticipation of a permanent structure replacing the bubble in the future?
That was the announced plan, with extra $ going into the foundation to accommodate.

Bok_Choi said:
Dropped us a broken link. I guess it was harder than you thought boo.

I was educated in a time before computers. Hand held calculators were fairly new. What I can do with a computer would baffle you, as well as anyone watching me use one nowadays. The thoughts 'gawd, WTF is he doing' must be going through their minds. I struggle just to communicate. So, you're right. I can't deny it, so I might as well admit it. :thumb:

KILO217 said:
Will it be built in anticipation of a permanent structure replacing the bubble in the future?

That was part of the original design. They wanted it to be designed with the idea of creating a full indoor facility in the 30-50M range in the next 10 years

mtgrizfankb said:
KILO217 said:

That was part of the original design. They wanted it to be designed with the idea of creating a full indoor facility in the 30-50M range in the next 10 years

NDSU's facility was $55 in today's dollars. If it takes ten years to get around to a permanent structure, you're going to be approaching $75 to $100M. While I think this facility will be functional for the late fall and early winter weather, snowfalls like the one in Montana this last week would swamp a bubble. The best quality structures can withstand winds up to 120 mph and snow weight to 40 pounds per square yard.

It's certainly better than nothing, and would have come in handy last season given all the weather struggles with getting ready during the playoffs.

The thought of the bubble collapsing, like the gym roof collapse in Bozo, sends chills down my spine. Scat trolls would have a field day with that one.

That would require Missoula to get snow tho, right?

Did anyone notice the disparity in snow this past week between scenic Missoula and inclement Bozo? The only river that runs thru the shit hole bozo is the atmospheric river. Place looked like the Yukon while people are mowing their lawns in MSO. Our spring camp is almost over but bubs could not dig out for a spring camp if they wanted to, with unlimited case-IH tractors and infinite matching carharts.

Heavens to Betsy’s, the two cities are opposites in many ways, and none more extreme than weather. Like LA vs NY

Two cities I've never been to, but that doesn't stop me from disliking them. Lived in Bozo for about a year, and Missoula for about six years. Now that you mention it, I don't really remember a big dump of snow during my Missoula experience. Bozo, on the other hand... :roll:

HookedonGriz said:
This thing is large

https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1648793428648665088?s=46&t=11xClEhFUyr7TxpmEIEfEQ
It's bigger then I thought! I guess you never realize how big the River Bowl fields are until you see them from an aerial angle. Should look pretty good when it's done!

https://leg.mt.gov/bills/2023/billpdf/HB0005.pdf
Also I see the cats are asking the legislature for $15 million for their indoor practice facility. So much for 100% privately fundraised! It's on page 19 in case you're wondering

Griz til I die said:
https://leg.mt.gov/bills/2023/billpdf/HB0005.pdf
Also I see the cats are asking the legislature for $15 million for their indoor practice facility. So much for 100% privately fundraised! It's on page 19 in case you're wondering

:lol:

They are sooooo little brother. Big Brother works to pay for his toys, while lil bro runs to mom and dad for an allowance.

Latest posts

Back