• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck vs. Choate in the media

horribilisfan8184 said:
indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:
It went on to say that not only is this his 4th new opening day starting qb, but also his 4th new qb coach, and 4th new play caller. My goodness, no wonder they suck so bad at the position.
They suck so bad at the position that last years starter was 1st team all BSC selection at the position. :roll: I am on record saying that the backup over there was a joke. However, logic tells me that the kid must be coming along if they are moving the best QB in the league to another position.
I suppose we shall just have to see.

Good grief he was a scat back taking direct snaps that sometime threw the ball, Admittedly he was usually the best athlete on the field. He was a first team running back who got the nod at QB because that was his position listed on the roster.

What I saw was Troy playing QB for the entire season. No not a good passer but improved as the season went on. However he was an excellent leader as a QB and earned first team Big Sky Conference. Doesn't matter what he was in the past. Last year he was the QB after winning the competition in fall camp.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
In today’s paper, Choach was trying to make a joke that, “We play everybody at QB at MSU.” But there is truth in jest. He said a WR would be in the mix.
It went on to say that not only is this his 4th new opening day starting qb, but also his 4th new qb coach, and 4th new play caller. My goodness, no wonder they suck so bad at the position.
When do you use the saying, “when god gives you lemons, make lemonade”
Versus
“You can’t make chicken salad from chicken shit” ?
For years 1-2, I think Choach can use the lemon analogy, but now he’s in the chicken salad realm, right?
Not to be confused with the annual summer picnic and Choaches’ infamous chicken-parm which also causes assistants to be sent packing

So garillalies, they suck so bad at the qb position? Wasn't Troy Anderson first team All Big Sky? Could anyone stop Chris Murray? For the patchwork that had to be made at that position, the offense was not to shabby when you look at total yds generated.
I see why state college grads are so dumb; they aren’t bad at regurgitating info, but they simply cannot think critically for themselves.
You said it in your own post: “patchwork....not to shabby.” That sounds like choach used TA and CM to make lemonade, and now RSBV is chicken salad.
Thanks for proving my point, dumbass!

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
In today’s paper, Choach was trying to make a joke that, “We play everybody at QB at MSU.” But there is truth in jest. He said a WR would be in the mix.
Versus
For years 1-2, I think Choach can use the lemon analogy, but now he’s in the chicken salad realm, right?
Not to be confused with the annual summer picnic and Choaches’ infamous chicken-parm which also causes assistants to be sent packing

So garillalies, they suck so bad at the qb position? Wasn't Troy Anderson first team All Big Sky? Could anyone stop Chris Murray? For the patchwork that had to be made at that position, the offense was not to shabby when you look at total yds generated.
I see why state college grads are so dumb; they aren’t bad at regurgitating info, but they simply cannot think critically for themselves.You said it in your own post: “patchwork....not to shabby.” That sounds like choach used TA and CM to make lemonade, and now RSBV is chicken salad.
Thanks for proving my point, dumbass!

Yes,it was a patchwork because of injuries and Murray's academic problems. However, the moves made by the coaching staff were good decisions playing both Chris Murray when Bruggerman did not work out and Troy Anderson at QB last year. That is what coaches do when you have these situations on your team. Where do you get the chicken parm and chicken salad? That is in addition to your totally dumbass comment that they sucked so bad at the QB position. How can you suck at the QB position when you have a Chris Murray and Troy Anderson in that position? If you are a UM grad, no wonder enrollment is sinking into oblivion. Garizzilies, your posts are consistently incoherent.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
Versus

General ed. classes...101, 102

bigsky33 said:
How can you suck at the QB position when you have [only RBs] in that position?
Yep you got me there. That critical mind of yours must be working overtime!
It’s as if you were to ask me, “How can you call me stupid when I don’t even have a brain?”

Bigguy99 must be immune to The Plan

23hg31.jpg

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
It’s as if you were to ask me, “How can you call me stupid when I don’t even have a brain?”

Now you need to change what I wrote. And, you couldn't even get that right. Chris Murray was a QB in high School as well Troy Anderson. Where are you getting RBs? Yes your lack of a brain is a major handicap.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

Now you need to change what I wrote. And, you couldn't even get that right. Chris Murray was a QB in high School as well Troy Anderson. Where are you getting RBs? Yes your lack of a brain is a major handicap.

Bozeman Daily Crumpet: "Andersen was recruited out of Beaverhead County in Dillon to play linebacker, but he was the Big Sky’s freshman of the year mostly as a running back in 2017"

Griz Nation, I wouldn't put down what Coach Choate has done in Bozeman. After all he has beaten us Three times in a row with no QB. What does that say about our past teams? Now this said, that run is over. Bobby's influence is in place finally and this will be a good Griz team finally!

Big guy, I knew you could not think for yourself but I assumed you could read. No?

I get it, you’re so stupid that “playing dumb” comes naturally to you, and nobody can beat you at that game.

horribilisfan8184 said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

Bozeman Daily Crumpet: "Andersen was recruited out of Beaverhead County in Dillon to play linebacker, but he was the Big Sky’s freshman of the year mostly as a running back in 2017"

However, although recruited as linebacker, he was a QB in high school like I said. Yes the plan was to put him at LB at MSU until the loss of Murray and the injury to Rovig the prior Spring.

Wow... This thread went off the rails in a hurry...

Back to the original post. I couldn't stand Bobby Hauck the first time he came through. But I was a lot younger then, and the streak made it hard to like any coach. I listened to his first couple interviews last year, and I think he has calmed down quit a bit. I have never had a real issue with what he says about the Cats. Just watched the Documentary about the Michigan\Ohio State Rivalry last night. and Woody Hayes reminded me a lot of Hauck his first time through. The best line was after Ohio State went for 2 in a blow out win, a reporter asked Woody "You are up by 36 points, why did you go for 2"... His response was "Because they wouldn't let me go for 3"...

bigsky33 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

However, although recruited as linebacker, he was a QB in high school like I said. Yes the plan was to put him at LB at MSU and did play some RB his freshman year. Last year he went into fall camp as a QB with the loss of Murray and the injury to Rovig the prior Spring.

Hauck and Choate are both professionals who have given large segments of their lives to building their resumes and earning their positions. I would say there is equal amounts of respect between the two. Do they hate to lose. Absolutely. To the rival program. Certainly, but this post is fan driven, without the understanding of the profession of coaching. Fans can hate Hauck for his demeanor. I don’t think he cares. Furthermore, I don’t think other coaches think any less of him.

There’s definitely a difference in these two coaches. Dude in Bozeman has sold himself so well to the base that it cannot be ignored. Name me even three other coaches who have secured a contract extension with a losing record and no playoff appearances at the time. That kind of thing can’t be taught. It comes from maximizing the delta between expectations and results, and he’s the best in the biz. Doing so requires a certain “aw shucks” personality with the media.

The other guy is a proven winner at this level who prefers to let the product on the field control the narrative, for better or worse.

SACCAT66 said:
Wow... This thread went off the rails in a hurry...

Back to the original post. I couldn't stand Bobby Hauck the first time he came through. But I was a lot younger then, and the streak made it hard to like any coach. I listened to his first couple interviews last year, and I think he has calmed down quit a bit. I have never had a real issue with what he says about the Cats. Just watched the Documentary about the Michigan\Ohio State Rivalry last night. and Woody Hayes reminded me a lot of Hauck his first time through. The best line was after Ohio State went for 2 in a blow out win, a reporter asked Woody "You are up by 36 points, why did you go for 2"... His response was "Because they wouldn't let me go for 3"...

Now that's funny!! :lol: :clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
There’s definitely a difference in these two coaches. Dude in Bozeman has sold himself so well to the base that it cannot be ignored. Name me even three other coaches who have secured a contract extension with a losing record and no playoff appearances at the time. That kind of thing can’t be taught. It comes from maximizing the delta between expectations and results, and he’s the best in the biz. Doing so requires a certain “aw shucks” personality with the media.

The other guy is a proven winner at this level who prefers to let the product on the field control the narrative, for better or worse.

Three coaches. .

Bo Schembechler ( for beating the rival)
Bear Bryant (losing record before Alabama job)
Cliff Hysal (name spelled wrong probably...but its late)

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Three coaches. .

Bo Schembechler ( for beating the rival)
Bear Bryant (losing record before Alabama job)
Cliff Hysal (name spelled wrong probably...but its late)

Hmm, so, Schembechler never had a losing season as a HC, ever. Bryant had one, in 1954, before going 25-14-2 and moving to Alabama (after going 60-23-6 at Kentucky prior to A&M, meaning he was 85-37-8 when he got the Bama job). Hysell? Well he coached at MSU, so . . .

Bo Schembechler, Bear Bryant, and Cliff Hysell all lumped together to make some point...

:roll:

...way to pull one out of your ass. Tell us about this appropriate analogy. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back