• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Would you cheer for the MT team?

Fat Bruno said:
Griz2k said:
The notion that I, as a Montana native and Griz fan/alum, should root for the cats (or vice versa) just because that school also happens to be in this state is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. FTC

The notion that I, as a fourth generation Montana native and Griz fan/alum, should hate the cats (or vice versa) when that school is as much a Montana school and represents Montana evey bit as much as UM, is the dumbest, most childish thing I've ever heard … well, since the last pinhead made the same foolish, endlessly witless and redundant statement about a minute ago. Mostly, it’s just pathetic and tiiiiiiiiiiresome.

Yeah you are right

FTC

Remember 'Fan, without yin there is no yang (I sound like Zengriz there!). Um and MSU carry Big Sky football, despite the success at EWU, the Montana teams are the plums in terms of attendance. Just look at the 2017 TV schedule, all games but one feature a montana team. The programs need each other. I want both teams to thrive, and from the look of things at MSU Junior Day, they are doing just fine. Attendance over 16k, new buildings popping up like dandelions... the divide trophy in repose in the locker room... the Griz and UM best keep their nose to the grindstone.

Griz2k said:
Fat Bruno said:
Griz2k said:
Fat Bruno said:
The notion that I, as a fourth generation Montana native and Griz fan/alum, should hate the cats (or vice versa) when that school is as much a Montana school and represents Montana evey bit as much as UM, is the dumbest, most childish thing I've ever heard … well, since the last pinhead made the same foolish, endlessly witless and redundant statement about a minute ago. Mostly, it’s just pathetic and tiiiiiiiiiiresome.

What does "representing Montana" have to do with anything?

This is just another one of those children vs. adult debates. Sit up in your high chair.

Wow, I've seen some real dipshits on this site, but you might just take the cake. Anyone that tries to tell others who they should root for is about as dumb as it gets. I have some great friends who are bobcat alumni and I couldn't imagine calling them "children" for not cheering for the Griz.

I have a feeling a childish dipshit like you has trouble imagining a lot of things.

fanofzoo said:
Fat Bruno said:
Griz2k said:
The notion that I, as a Montana native and Griz fan/alum, should root for the cats (or vice versa) just because that school also happens to be in this state is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. FTC

Yeah you are right

FTC

FTCHaters

Fat Bruno said:
Griz2k said:
Fat Bruno said:
Griz2k said:
What does "representing Montana" have to do with anything?

This is just another one of those children vs. adult debates. Sit up in your high chair.

Wow, I've seen some real dipshits on this site, but you might just take the cake. Anyone that tries to tell others who they should root for is about as dumb as it gets. I have some great friends who are bobcat alumni and I couldn't imagine calling them "children" for not cheering for the Griz.

I have a feeling a childish dipshit like you has trouble imagining a lot of things.

Ouch...you sure got me there! :thumb:

Griz2k said:
Fat Bruno said:
Griz2k said:
Fat Bruno said:

Ouch...you sure got me there! :thumb:

There is nothing as hurtful or sad as the ramblings of an impotent asshole. Without friends or interpersonal relationships in their life, they have more time to think about it and deliver it well.

FTC
I hope that the cats lose so bad that they cancel the entire athletic dept. and implode all of the stadiums.

I wish the Big Sky conference would be for Montana teams only, U of M, Montana Tech, MSU, Carroll, Western, Northern, Rocky, etc. Maybe even leave the NCAA and form the MCAA Montana Collegiate Athletics Association.

Gotta weigh in. As a 3rd gen UM alum, and a season ticket holder
Since the NEZ was grass, I have been a pretty vocal Griz fan in the rivalry and on this board. I do remember as an undergrad being damn proud of MSU winning a title (I know, no video, never happened!). But they did and at the time UM football truely sucked. We had a hell of a run the next 30 years but let's not get too cocky. It's a "what have you done for me lately?" thing I guess. As MSU is looking at over 16k students this year, has a hell of a lot of new infrastructure and kicked our ass last fall with what we all thought was a very limited team, I'm going to say it: UM better get its act together on and off the field.

Buttegrizzle said:
Since the NEZ was grass, I have been a pretty vocal Griz fan in the rivalry and on this board. I do remember as an undergrad being damn proud of MSU winning a title (I know, no video, never happened!). But they did and at the time UM football truely sucked. We had a hell of a run the next 30 years but let's not get too cocky. It's a "what have you done for me lately?" thing I guess. As MSU is looking at over 16k students this year, has a hell of a lot of new infrastructure and kicked our ass last fall with what we all thought was a very limited team, I'm going to say it: UM better get its act together on and off the field.
UM has already gotten its act together in the test way possible. By getting rid of Engstrom. Now with whoever our new president will be alongside our VP for enrollment services, there's no doubt in my mind that UM can get the enrollment back up within the next couple of years. As for the football team, I've said this before, I think this years team is gonna be one of the best teams we've had in a while. Nothing to worry about.

Buttegrizzle said:

I have Cat friends and they are great people. Many of them are my best friends. I love Montana and I am happy when a kid gets a schollie to the U of M, MSU, Tech, Rocky, MSUB, etc. I do not root for the Cats. I don't root against them either, until the Griz-Cat game. When the Brawl comes around - it is game on. Kind of a ying yang thing or good vs evil. It just has to be the way it is. I can't root for the Cats and I don't expect Cat fans to root for the Griz. What the hell?

Latest posts

Back