• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Would you cheer for the MT team?

I will gladly cheer for individuals, especially kids from in-state. I will also cheer for Griz in pro-sports. Out of respect for the Griz and the rivalry, I will never cheer for a Griz team to win. I just can't.

raw

VimSince03 said:
I will gladly cheer for individuals, especially kids from in-state. I will also cheer for Griz in pro-sports. Out of respect for the Griz and the rivalry, I will never cheer for a Griz team to win. I just can't.

raw

You and all fans are, of course, entitled to do what they want. However, "respect for the Griz and the rivalry" as an excuse or reason? Total nonsense. Rooting for or supporting the other school in this type of situation is in no way not respecting the rivalry. It is your view of the rivalry, and the extent of it, that causes you, and others, not to be able to root for the other team. Again, fine, but please spare us the nonsense.

Some would argue that taking the rivalry to the extent you apparently do, is taking the rivalry too far. I understand how some former players just can't root for the other school, but regular fans?

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:

raw

You and all fans are, of course, entitled to do what they want. However, "respect for the Griz and the rivalry" as an excuse or reason? Total nonsense. Rooting for or supporting the other school in this type of situation is in no way not respecting the rivalry. It is your view of the rivalry, and the extent of it, that causes you, and others, not to be able to root for the other team. Again, fine, but please spare us the nonsense.

Some would argue that taking the rivalry to the extent you apparently do, is taking the rivalry too far. I understand how some former players just can't root for the other school, but regular fans?

Take the rivalry too far because I don't cheer for the other team? Well sure some will say that. Some people also say the Earth is flat. I have more respect for Griz fans who actually are honest and say they hate cheering for the Cats. Actually, I would much rather invite those people to a tailgate party because the conversation is more fun. So out of respect for those fans and the rivalry, I won't cheer for the Griz.

Your notion that former players have more of a say on this matter than regular fans is actually nonsense. Who's with me Egriz?! :rockon:

Michael-Scott-and-Dwight-Schrute-Raise-the-Roof.gif

It's such a ridiculous notion. Does ANYone believe Auburn fans root for Bama teams because they're from Alabama?? Know any Spartans that root for Big Blue?? Jayhawks who cheer for KState "because they're Kansans"? Please.

Why should Montana be different? There's a REASON it's called a "rivalry".

I am 100% with you Vim, not that it really matters. It's not nonsense, it's an emotion. There is no wrong answer on this one.

...ftc in football means ftc...
...ftc in basketball is a kinder...
...gentler kind of ftc..if you follow...
...f the lady cats..in a kinder gentler way*...

... :flash: ...

...*so yeah go cats..kinda...

VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:

raw

Take the rivalry too far because I don't cheer for the other team? Well sure some will say that. Some people also say the Earth is flat. I have more respect for Griz fans who actually are honest and say they hate cheering for the Cats. Actually, I would much rather invite those people to a tailgate party because the conversation is more fun. So out of respect for those fans and the rivalry, I won't cheer for the Griz.

Your notion that former players have more of a say on this matter than regular fans is actually nonsense. Who's with me Egriz?! :rockon:

Michael-Scott-and-Dwight-Schrute-Raise-the-Roof.gif

Good stuff. I feel the exact way you do. I've taken an absolute beating from my friends in Bozeman about being a Griz fan. I've taken a beating from absolute strangers on it. As I drive around and see license plates like "H8Griz" I would rather stab my eye out than ever root for the cats in anything. I hope they lose on all they do. Just being honest. I wasnt that way until living here.

Cheering for your rival is like cheering for another guy who is actively pursuing the same girl as you are...

FTC.

mtgriz said:
I am 100% with you Vim, not that it really matters. It's not nonsense, it's an emotion. There is no wrong answer on this one.

The nonsense is saying he can't/won't cheer for the rival team, in this type of situation, out of "respect" for the Griz and the rivalry. Like I said. Nonsense.

People who hate the Cats are skinny, little weenies ruled by fear. And, now that we're fast becoming Little Brother as a University, it'll get worse and worse. As far as recruiting repercussions go, if you can't compete, too bad. Your pathetic hating won't change a thing.

EverettGriz said:
It's such a ridiculous notion. Does ANYone believe Auburn fans root for Bama teams because they're from Alabama?? Know any Spartans that root for Big Blue?? Jayhawks who cheer for KState "because they're Kansans"? Please.

THIS!!! Duke and UNC fans don't root for each other EVER. It is a rivalry, and a great one because of this...That said, I do respect what the griz have built, and there program in general, but I still hope they lose every sport they ever play. I also will root for them once they leave Missoula...All except one, and he knows what he did.

EverettGriz said:

Actually I know well a Jayhawk who cheers for KState every time, except of course if they happen to play. Bc he is a Kansan.

Since you asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maroonandsilver said:
No. We compete with MSU for athletes, students, and money. I NEVER hope for their success. Any success at MSU makes success at UM more difficult. Right now, high school juniors are deciding where they want to attend college. I don't want MSU to appear any more attractive that it is, or have any more advantage than it already has. SCREW the cats and the catwomen! You can't really be a Griz, and support the cats.
This ... over and over and over again!

I think it's funny that some Griz fans seem to be comparing the Griz/Cat rivalry to Auburn/Alabama and UNC/Duke (basketball). Particularly, people like Everett, who constantly disses the Big Sky and FCS. Yes, when it comes to rivalry, Griz/Cat is right up their at the top of the SEC in football and ACC in basketball. The Harvard of southwestern Montana. Ha.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

THIS!!! Duke and UNC fans don't root for each other EVER. It is a rivalry, and a great one because of this...That said, I do respect what the griz have built, and there program in general, but I still hope they lose every sport they ever play. I also will root for them once they leave Missoula...All except one, and he knows what he did.
I root for their soccer and softball teams.....I mean have you seen them? They have some lookers....just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:
I think it's funny that some Griz fans seem to be comparing the Griz/Cat rivalry to Auburn/Alabama and UNC/Duke (basketball). Particularly, people like Everett, who constantly disses the Big Sky and FCS. Yes, when it comes to rivalry, Griz/Cat is right up their at the top of the SEC in football and ACC in basketball. The Harvard of southwestern Montana. Ha.

16oz-blue-solo-cups.jpg

Latest posts

Back