• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will we win out

One note to be taken into account.
UM's ability to start fast or keep things close in the first half. Weber has outscored opponents 4 to1 in the first quarter this year. There will be no continuation of wins if UM gets in a hole on the score board early. Weber has a solid defense and can milk the clock on offense. Tough task after a bye week on the road with a freshman QB.
Not worried about winning out...this week at Weber is very important, not season ending with a loss, yet very important.

[
Whatever happens I'm just glad we get to watch exciting football, with lots of passing and the occasional big run... rather than watch a qb draw for 9 out of 10 plays (cats)
[/quote]

:thumb: :thumb:

cmtgrizzly said:
I absolutely believe we are a better team this year than last and will continue to improve. More importantly I think the players and coaches know we are better than last year. There is just something intangible about this years team that overall exudes a more positive image. I think anything from 2-2 to 4-0 are reasonable. More likely 2-2 or 3-1 than 4-0 obviously. I just think it would be reasonable to expect another bump or two in the road this year. Could even be that the cats are one of those bumps but rest assured we are heading the right way. Even the defense is improving though they still need significant improvement if we are to challenge the likes of NDSU and JMU.

Exactly where is that improvement coming from?

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
cmtgrizzly said:
I absolutely believe we are a better team this year than last and will continue to improve. More importantly I think the players and coaches know we are better than last year. There is just something intangible about this years team that overall exudes a more positive image. I think anything from 2-2 to 4-0 are reasonable. More likely 2-2 or 3-1 than 4-0 obviously. I just think it would be reasonable to expect another bump or two in the road this year. Could even be that the cats are one of those bumps but rest assured we are heading the right way. Even the defense is improving though they still need significant improvement if we are to challenge the likes of NDSU and JMU.

ha ha great question! ..any freshman out there that are ready to pick up the slack?

AZGrizFan said:
RayWill said:
Not without strong. NAU is gonna roll the Griz

And now the posibility exists that it may be more than Strong.

Despite the reports saying self defense, just excellent leadership and selfless behavior from these young men! Way to put the team first! You guys have not only endangered the season but have exhibited remarkably poor decision making. Bravo!

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
cmtgrizzly said:

I would say the defense has come up with big stops in key moments in the last two games. Previously, including last year, we couldnt get off the field to preserve a win or give us a chance to take a lead. We are improving in that area. This is not the first defense we have had that gives up lots of yards. I think Ty's defenses did this regularly but would often stiffen in the red zone and make stops when needed which is how UM was still successful giving up more yards than some people on here can handle. Also I did not say our defense was good yet but there have been positive improvments.

Given the latest developments, the Griz probably won’t. Not sure, but safety play is going to take a nose dive.

PDXGrizzly said:
Given the latest developments, the Griz probably won’t. Not sure, but safety play is going to take a nose dive.

If we lose Strong, and I think we will at least temporarily, it will hurt but if it sinks us and we have noone else that can do a good job then our team isnt good enough to do anything in the post-season anyway. Too bad because there was a lot of positive energy around this team and they didnt need this.

cmtgrizzly said:
PDXGrizzly said:

If we lose Strong, and I think we will at least temporarily, it will hurt but if it sinks us and we have noone else that can do a good job then our team isnt good enough to do anything in the post-season anyway. Too bad because there was a lot of positive energy around this team and they didnt need this.

Like I said in another thread, unless the Pullman PD and DA are really fast at investigating, Strong has played his last game as a Griz. The problem I have is depth at the safety position. We currently lack it with Strong out and Delaney being injured. There is talk about burning a red shirt... On top of that certain other players with WSU affiliations May have been involved, so this has an effect on other parts of the depth chart on both sides of the ball.

PDXGrizzly said:
cmtgrizzly said:
PDXGrizzly said:

Like I said in another thread, unless the Pullman PD and DA are really fast at investigating, Strong has played his last game as a Griz. The problem I have is depth at the safety position. We currently lack it with Strong out and Delaney being injured. There is talk about burning a red shirt... On top of that certain other players with WSU affiliations May have been involved, so this has an effect on other parts of the depth chart on both sides of the ball.

You are right we are already thin at safety but we may be able to find someone that can do a good job. Our problems at the beginning of the year werent as much personnel as they were scheme and players still learning their roles in my opinion and while our defense is not great it has been getting important stops of late. If we cant find someone to do a satisfactory job we arent going anywhere this year anyway. I feel the same about the other two players allegedly involved. If they have discipline coming their way too then we will have to find others to replace them as well. Whatever their role is. Just trying to be positive and hope we are becoming a good team as this is what good teams do. Regardless we still have work to do. This year is not our year to win a championship but we have stepped in the right direction and regardless of results this team can get better and learn from this even if all three players possibly involved are permanently removed from the team.

Back