• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will we win out

If one looks at the remaining games the Griz can obviously win all of em but they could very easily lose 3 of em too. If they finish 2-2 that would put em at 7 division 1 wins and they would have a good shot at the post season even without a quality win on the schedule. This team is a year or two away from getting back into the top ten IMO. They are fun to watch right now and I am looking forward to watching this young team and coaching staff grow every week. It will make it all the more satisfying to watch em when they are a national power house again in the near future.

kemajic said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
George Ferguson said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Just going off stats and the way the defense has played all year, I still say fire semore at seasons end even if we win out. Say we win out playing games where the scores look like 48-41, 41-31, and the defense is still giving up 400-600 yards per game, semore still has to go. Record aside his defense still sucked right? Unless his defense makes such huge strides that you could split the season in half and see that against the more difficult part of the schedule our defense improved, he’s gotta go. I have been and will continue to be an outspoken critic of semores, and that will not change with a 9-3 regular season record, but one in which UM had one of the worst defenses in conference.
Semore isn't going anywhere. Whether a million Griz fans think he should or not.

And being an outspoken anonymous critic will get you absolutely nowhere. Join the QB club, show the coaches your face. Write Kent an email from a verified real e-mail address with your real name. Go to the coaches offices on Monday (off day) and ask to have a conversation with them. THAT is being an outspoken critic.
Well, I’m not an anonymous critic and have on numerous occasions posted my full name on this board (Kory Bleak). I’m not a part of the qb club nor will I become a member in the foreseeable future. I live in Laramie Wyoming, and wouldn’t have the option of attending meetings. I should clarify for you. On this forum, I have and will continue to criticize. It’s a fan message board, where I’m free to express my opinions. If your definition of being an outspoken critic requires attendance at qb club meetings, private conversations with the coaching staff and emails to the athletic director, then I suppose I’m no outspoken critic. Will my griping and voicing my opinion on a fan forum have any impact on coaching changes? Certainly not! But I never said it would. I’m simply stating my opinion that semore SHOULD be gone. I haven’t once said he WILL be gone.
Good post. GF, like others, seem to think UM is the University of Missoula and this forum should be reserved for Missoulians. And contrary opinions indicate you never played the game.

Apparently you didn't get the memo Kem.

"87353.42S Griz Fan Designation - Only actual UM alumni who still live in Missoula, attend all football games and a minimum of 10 other sporting activities, are QB Club members, and attend a minimum of 2 practice sessions will be considered Griz fans. All others can attain a status of no higher than "Pedestrian".

*Note that marrying a UM grad or having a child attending/ a UM grad will not change your fan designation, however your wife/child will have the opportunity to be a true Griz fan if the other criterias are met. Additionally, if attending a sanctioned Griz function with said wife/child who has fulfilled all the criteria and are indeed classified as true Griz fans, bastard husband/father WILL be allowed to accompany wife/child to that function provided husband/father wears no insignia relating to the Montana Grizzlies and wears an ID badge from Griz Card Center on a lanyard around his neck with the word "Pedestrian" clearly in view. This will allow important, relevant people to Griz athletics to identify and avoid unecessary interaction with those of no relevance to the program."

So really most of us are only one step above cheering for the Cats or Spuds when it comes to being a Griz fan...pretty sobering.

grzz said:
kemajic said:
Good post. GF, like others, seem to think UM is the University of Missoula and this forum should be reserved for Missoulians. And contrary opinions indicate you never played the game.
Doesn't George live in Havre?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, George is from havre, as am I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9-2! I think the Griz have turned the corner. They’ve learned how to win! With a young team, that’s half the battle. It’s not all on Stitt and Semore. This is a different team than last year and the year before, and they’re hitting their stride at the right time. Definitely the homer POV, but if not now, when? Go Griz!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grzz said:
kemajic said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Well, I’m not an anonymous critic and have on numerous occasions posted my full name on this board (Kory Bleak). I’m not a part of the qb club nor will I become a member in the foreseeable future. I live in Laramie Wyoming, and wouldn’t have the option of attending meetings. I should clarify for you. On this forum, I have and will continue to criticize. It’s a fan message board, where I’m free to express my opinions. If your definition of being an outspoken critic requires attendance at qb club meetings, private conversations with the coaching staff and emails to the athletic director, then I suppose I’m no outspoken critic. Will my griping and voicing my opinion on a fan forum have any impact on coaching changes? Certainly not! But I never said it would. I’m simply stating my opinion that semore SHOULD be gone. I haven’t once said he WILL be gone.

George has absolutely no idea whether Semore will be around next year. News flash - not one person posting here does.

George is wrong as much as he is right on here.

Lots of people who live outside of Missoula are in QB Club. Also, the meetings are being streamed live this year. MSU has way more people in its qb club than UM does.

SoldierGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grzz said:
kemajic said:

George has absolutely no idea whether Semore will be around next year. News flash - not one person posting here does.

My view is that Semore will be around next year, assuming Stitt is. Stitt needs only a couple more wins to assure that his contract is renewed, is my view. The last 3 wins have been big for the team and Stitt.

I have no idea if the Griz will win out, but if they do, there will be a lot of really bummed out "Griz fans."

PlayerRep said:
Lots of people who live outside of Missoula are in QB Club. Also, the meetings are being streamed live this year. MSU has way more people in its qb club than UM does.
[emoji1303]food for thought. Don’t know if il join, but thanks for the info

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
grzz said:

My view is that Semore will be around next year, assuming Stitt is. Stitt needs only a couple more wins to assure that his contract is renewed, is my view. The last 3 wins have been big for the team and Stitt.

It's a good view - one that you're entitled to. But, you also don't KNOW. Just like the rest of us.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
signedbewildered said:
No. Get ready for at least one huge FIRE SEMORE!!!! thread.
Just going off stats and the way the defense has played all year, I still say fire semore at seasons end even if we win out. Say we win out playing games where the scores look like 48-41, 41-31, and the defense is still giving up 400-600 yards per game, semore still has to go. Record aside his defense still sucked right? Unless his defense makes such huge strides that you could split the season in half and see that against the more difficult part of the schedule our defense improved, he’s gotta go. I have been and will continue to be an outspoken critic of semores, and that will not change with a 9-3 regular season record, but one in which UM had one of the worst defenses in conference.

I hate to break this to you, but Semore's fate does not depend on whether or not YOU remain an outspoken critic, even if you're right. :cool:

srgrizizen said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
signedbewildered said:

I hate to break this to you, but Semore's fate does not depend on whether or not YOU remain an outspoken critic, even if you're right. :cool:

Literally said the same thing myself a few posts ago. Keep up

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
George Ferguson said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
signedbewildered said:

Semore isn't going anywhere. Whether a million Griz fans think he should or not.

And being an outspoken anonymous critic will get you absolutely nowhere. Join the QB club, show the coaches your face. Write Kent an email from a verified real e-mail address with your real name. Go to the coaches offices on Monday (off day) and ask to have a conversation with them. THAT is being an outspoken critic.

My bad, my intent wasn't to imply someone can't be a critic because of where they live. I was trying to point out that posting on Egriz isn't going to get anything accomplished, except I guess if it makes a person feel better. I was simply saying an outspoken critic talking to a bunch of other fans, you really aren't directing your criticism at the intended target. I love Egriz. I have been on here a long time, but it isn't the channel to to the program. Like I said, if you really wanna be OUTSPOKEN towards Semore, e-mail him, call him, go to Missoula and talk to him. To me that's being outspoken. Not posting here. But my bad homegrown, I wasn't trying to take a shot at where you live or anything liuke that.

It is stupid to say outright "we will win out." Or, at least, it is absurd to have that expectation. We are playing a freshman QB who has been fantastic, but is still a freshman. Our defense still needs some work, tightening up the secondary there. And we are play @ Weber next, the only Big Sky team who has had a modicum of consistency this season, and they are still pretty damn good. Then we come back and the next week we play NAU, a tough, solid team. We have a bit of a week off in Northern Colorado, but I still wouldn't take them lightly. And lastly, we end with the cats. No amount of trash talking actually makes this rivalry any easier to watch until we are up 30-0 at the end of the first quarter. Regardless of record, it will be a tight, hard-fought game that we might lose on some strange Bozeman fuckery.

There is only one game left that I would actually chalk up as a win, and I'm still not comfortable saying "we will win" that game. The rest will put this team and Bob Stitt's future here in Missoula to the test.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
It is stupid to say outright "we will win out." Or, at least, it is absurd to have that expectation. We are playing a freshman QB who has been fantastic, but is still a freshman. Our defense still needs some work, tightening up the secondary there. And we are play @ Weber next, the only Big Sky team who has had a modicum of consistency this season, and they are still pretty damn good. Then we come back and the next week we play NAU, a tough, solid team. We have a bit of a week off in Northern Colorado, but I still wouldn't take them lightly. And lastly, we end with the cats. No amount of trash talking actually makes this rivalry any easier to watch until we are up 30-0 at the end of the first quarter. Regardless of record, it will be a tight, hard-fought game that we might lose on some strange Bozeman f***[*].

There is only one game left that I would actually chalk up as a win, and I'm still not comfortable saying "we will win" that game. The rest will put this team and Bob Stitt's future here in Missoula to the test.

Good post hammer. Stitt wins two of the four and one of those wins is the Cats - he won’t be going anywhere. Wins three of the four - he ain’t going anywhere. Loses two of the four and one loss is the Cats- Semore probably is shown the door. Maybe Stitt is as well if the Griz don’t get an at large.

George Ferguson said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
George Ferguson said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

My bad, my intent wasn't to imply someone can't be a critic because of where they live. I was trying to point out that posting on Egriz isn't going to get anything accomplished, except I guess if it makes a person feel better. I was simply saying an outspoken critic talking to a bunch of other fans, you really aren't directing your criticism at the intended target. I love Egriz. I have been on here a long time, but it isn't the channel to to the program. Like I said, if you really wanna be OUTSPOKEN towards Semore, e-mail him, call him, go to Missoula and talk to him. To me that's being outspoken. Not posting here. But my bad homegrown, I wasn't trying to take a shot at where you live or anything liuke that.

I doubt that any poster thinks they have much, if any, influence posting on the internet. Certainly not over the coaches or the team. Criticism is more of an opportunity to discuss and vent, and I do think it gives people with virtually no voice a bit of voice. However, I do believe the internet influences fans, or some fans, and some aspects of public opinion, and that can lead to some feedback to the athletic department. I also think some in the athletic dept. do take a peek at egriz on occasion. In addition, the internet, egriz, twitter do influence things like raising money for the band to go to MSU, certain other smaller fundraising things, the views/actions regarding Pat Williams, the amount/type of information available on the indiscretions of some athletes or coaches, publicity of successes of the team and players, etc.

poorgriz said:
I'm just waiting to see if you can beat an average team. You obviously haven't beaten any good teams yet. And don't bash me for speaking the truth.

No bashing from me. Griz are improving weekly, but you are right, they still lack a convincing win over a top opponent. My versus sports app predicts them losing to Weber, NAU, and MSU. I think that's wrong, but who knows. I definitely don't think we will win out, but 7-4 probably gets a home playoff game - thanks to WAGRIZ stadium and 22,000 tickets sold, and that seems doable. Now maybe I'll take the bashing from Griz fans for lack of optimism. :twocents:

srgrizizen said:
poorgriz said:
I'm just waiting to see if you can beat an average team. You obviously haven't beaten any good teams yet. And don't bash me for speaking the truth.

No bashing from me. Griz are improving weekly, but you are right, they still lack a convincing win over a top opponent. My versus sports app predicts them losing to Weber, NAU, and MSU. I think that's wrong, but who knows. I definitely don't think we will win out, but 7-4 probably gets a home playoff game - thanks to WAGRIZ stadium and 22,000 tickets sold, and that seems doable. Now maybe I'll take the bashing from Griz fans for lack of optimism. :twocents:

Whatever happens I'm just glad we get to watch exciting football, with lots of passing and the occasional big run... rather than watch a qb draw for 9 out of 10 plays (cats)

Back