• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will we win out

grizfan406 said:
I have high hopes. I think we played well against the class of our league in Eastern. Could have beat them but didn't finish. We have shown we can win on the road now so I think we can and will beat Weber. NAU doesn't seem to play well in WaGriz and I think we can handle them too. Then we will dominate and walk all over NCU at home while the cats will lose a road game at NAU. Then it's the cats. A tough game but we will have learned our lessons. We will have a game plan in place to shut down their run game like we did to NDU. We will make Murray beat us with his arm but we all know how that will go. Strong chance we win out.

But will we have learned our lesson? Curious to see. Other than UNC which I feel we will do exceptionally well against I say the other three games are a 50/50 toss up at best. Many reasons why can win or lose those games.

The Griz will provide a surprise performance against Weber and maybe NAU. Two weeks to prepare for Weber. Plenty of film on them. A week of rest and a team that is starting to believe in each other. This may be a team that does not give a damn if they are on the road. Just another game to them. PSU and ISU were big wins. Because the teams were great. Hell no, but they were road wins followed by another home win. I hope Weber’s QB is 100% and the Griz roll into Utah and knock the hell out of them. Griz put up 42 points and defense gives up 21. Not that close of a game.

I'm on board with the "can" vs "will" sediment placed by some of the posters.

8-3 is more likely. 7-4 and 9-2 are possible. NAU is the toughest game left on the schedule in my opinion. MSU is not a gimme.

Well it's getting better, not long ago this wouldn't even be in the conversation so that may be a good sign. I only worry about a slow start after the bye, but hope we get healthy this week.
We are two defensive stops from being at the top of the standings in the bsc and the inside track to win it all, now we need to take care of business and a little help starting this weekend. Can we win out, hell yes. If the "D" can continue to improve we may peak at the perfect time.

9-2
find your balls....ask your wife where she keeps them?

giphy.gif

Hopefully, the team will win out better than they did last year when they were 5-1 at this point of the season.

signedbewildered said:
No. Get ready for at least one huge FIRE SEMORE!!!! thread.
Just going off stats and the way the defense has played all year, I still say fire semore at seasons end even if we win out. Say we win out playing games where the scores look like 48-41, 41-31, and the defense is still giving up 400-600 yards per game, semore still has to go. Record aside his defense still sucked right? Unless his defense makes such huge strides that you could split the season in half and see that against the more difficult part of the schedule our defense improved, he’s gotta go. I have been and will continue to be an outspoken critic of semores, and that will not change with a 9-3 regular season record, but one in which UM had one of the worst defenses in conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
signedbewildered said:
Just going off stats and the way the defense has played all year, I still say fire semore at seasons end even if we win out. Say we win out playing games where the scores look like 48-41, 41-31, and the defense is still giving up 400-600 yards per game, semore still has to go. Record aside his defense still sucked right? Unless his defense makes such huge strides that you could split the season in half and see that against the more difficult part of the schedule our defense improved, he’s gotta go. I have been and will continue to be an outspoken critic of semores, and that will not change with a 9-3 regular season record, but one in which UM had one of the worst defenses in conference.

Semore isn't going anywhere. Whether a million Griz fans think he should or not.

And being an outspoken anonymous critic will get you absolutely nowhere. Join the QB club, show the coaches your face. Write Kent an email from a verified real e-mail address with your real name. Go to the coaches offices on Monday (off day) and ask to have a conversation with them. THAT is being an outspoken critic.

Not a chance in hell! Either Weber State or NAU , if not both, will get us... Stitt has been in this, must win out position all most the whole time he's been here and has not done it yet. This year will be no different!!!

Man1 said:
George Ferguson said:
Yep we win one more game
If we only win one more game this season, B.S. will be looking for a job.

I predicted 7-4 but 8-3 or better is real possibility - if and only if, the defense continues to improve. If we can beat Weber at Weber, we might just roll........

GO GRIZ!!

My fear is that same thing as last year happens, lose all 4. My hope is that we can go 3-1, get some playoff experience with this young team, circa late 80s/early 90s. But in reslity it is just football and I am more happy about the fact the team has character and the school's future looks stinking bright with President Bodnar coming on board. Great things are in the pipeline for Missoula.

George Ferguson said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Semore isn't going anywhere. Whether a million Griz fans think he should or not.

And being an outspoken anonymous critic will get you absolutely nowhere. Join the QB club, show the coaches your face. Write Kent an email from a verified real e-mail address with your real name. Go to the coaches offices on Monday (off day) and ask to have a conversation with them. THAT is being an outspoken critic.

Well, I’m not an anonymous critic and have on numerous occasions posted my full name on this board (). I’m not a part of the qb club nor will I become a member in the foreseeable future. I live in Laramie Wyoming, and wouldn’t have the option of attending meetings. I should clarify for you. On this forum, I have and will continue to criticize. It’s a fan message board, where I’m free to express my opinions. If your definition of being an outspoken critic requires attendance at qb club meetings, private conversations with the coaching staff and emails to the athletic director, then I suppose I’m no outspoken critic. Will my griping and voicing my opinion on a fan forum have any impact on coaching changes? Certainly not! But I never said it would. I’m simply stating my opinion that semore SHOULD be gone. I haven’t once said he WILL be gone.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
George Ferguson said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
signedbewildered said:

Well, I’m not an anonymous critic and have on numerous occasions posted my full name on this board (Kory Bleak). I’m not a part of the qb club nor will I become a member in the foreseeable future. I live in Laramie Wyoming, and wouldn’t have the option of attending meetings. I should clarify for you. On this forum, I have and will continue to criticize. It’s a fan message board, where I’m free to express my opinions. If your definition of being an outspoken critic requires attendance at qb club meetings, private conversations with the coaching staff and emails to the athletic director, then I suppose I’m no outspoken critic. Will my griping and voicing my opinion on a fan forum have any impact on coaching changes? Certainly not! But I never said it would. I’m simply stating my opinion that semore SHOULD be gone. I haven’t once said he WILL be gone.
Good post. GF, like others, seem to think UM is the University of Missoula and this forum should be reserved for Missoulians. And contrary opinions indicate you never played the game.

I absolutely believe we are a better team this year than last and will continue to improve. More importantly I think the players and coaches know we are better than last year. There is just something intangible about this years team that overall exudes a more positive image. I think anything from 2-2 to 4-0 are reasonable. More likely 2-2 or 3-1 than 4-0 obviously. I just think it would be reasonable to expect another bump or two in the road this year. Could even be that the cats are one of those bumps but rest assured we are heading the right way. Even the defense is improving though they still need significant improvement if we are to challenge the likes of NDSU and JMU.

kemajic said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
George Ferguson said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Well, I’m not an anonymous critic and have on numerous occasions posted my full name on this board (Kory Bleak). I’m not a part of the qb club nor will I become a member in the foreseeable future. I live in Laramie Wyoming, and wouldn’t have the option of attending meetings. I should clarify for you. On this forum, I have and will continue to criticize. It’s a fan message board, where I’m free to express my opinions. If your definition of being an outspoken critic requires attendance at qb club meetings, private conversations with the coaching staff and emails to the athletic director, then I suppose I’m no outspoken critic. Will my griping and voicing my opinion on a fan forum have any impact on coaching changes? Certainly not! But I never said it would. I’m simply stating my opinion that semore SHOULD be gone. I haven’t once said he WILL be gone.
Good post. GF, like others, seem to think UM is the University of Missoula and this forum should be reserved for Missoulians. And contrary opinions indicate you never played the game.
Doesn't George live in Havre?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back