• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where's the Outrage?

jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
CDAGRIZ said:
This gem was moved to the bench:
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=79053&sid=5e1628e0dfeadc27b8e41a92d31ddee9
No issue with the posters here.
That's all.

I feel like that was the night that I really got most of you under my woman spell. I just felt...idk...empowered.

Calm down Hilary.

Can't. If you just learned that you had super-human strength or, say...the ability to fly like Superman, would you be calm or excited as f*ck? I was oblivious to the woman spell. It's going to change everything.

GGNez said:
jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
CDAGRIZ said:
This gem was moved to the bench:
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=79053&sid=5e1628e0dfeadc27b8e41a92d31ddee9
No issue with the posters here.
That's all.

I feel like that was the night that I really got most of you under my woman spell. I just felt...idk...empowered.

Calm down Hilary.

Can't. If you just learned that you had super-human strength or, say...the ability to fly like Superman, would you be calm or excited as f*ck? I was oblivious to the woman spell. It's going to change everything.

One requirement for it though.....

You must wear a pant suit.

GGNez said:
jcu27 said:
I guess egrizzers don't just get it yet... 90% of the shit I say on this board is to get a rouse out of them. Which is very entertaining. And generates views.. Ya know kind of like the news. :thumb:

BTW I agree with everything you said in that post.

PR you are my most favorite person on this board and it hurts that you would resort to bullying and name calling. I feel very offended... and you clearly "never played the game"

Huh. Interesting from a psychological standpoint. Vaguely, anyway. It pales in comparison to Man1 talking about Alpha as if anyone is fooled.

Regardless, I'm glad you DO get it regarding the issue with kids. I talk to a lot of people about the issue and many just can't grasp the reality.

Have you seen the way people react to any sort of different opinion on here? I think it's fucking great.

jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
jcu27 said:
GGNez said:

Calm down Hilary.

One requirement for it though.....

You must wear a pant suit.

Gross. Never.

jcu27 said:
GGNez said:
jcu27 said:
I guess egrizzers don't just get it yet... 90% of the shit I say on this board is to get a rouse out of them. Which is very entertaining. And generates views.. Ya know kind of like the news. :thumb:

BTW I agree with everything you said in that post.

PR you are my most favorite person on this board and it hurts that you would resort to bullying and name calling. I feel very offended... and you clearly "never played the game"

Huh. Interesting from a psychological standpoint. Vaguely, anyway. It pales in comparison to Man1 talking about Alpha as if anyone is fooled.

Regardless, I'm glad you DO get it regarding the issue with kids. I talk to a lot of people about the issue and many just can't grasp the reality.

Have you seen the way people react to any sort of different opinion on here? I think it's f***[*] great.

Hence, my new signature quote.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
GGNez said:
Oh boy....following this thread closely. Just published a book about my daughter being sexually abused by a trusted person and all of the dynamics involved. I recently spoke at a sexual abuse conference with Matt Sandusky (adopted son and victim of Jerry). Matt and I are collaborating efforts to educate about this issue. Zen is on to something, I think. It’s possible that it’s much more repugnant and offensive to imagine boys being raped by a man vs girls. Idk. But, I think Penn State having been a football powerhouse is part of the drastic downfall. Same mindset that caused our local community to virtually ignore criminal behavior of Griz players under Stitt but spotlight them under Hauck while we were a dominant force. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

you really think the community ignored criminal behavior when stitt was hc? sorry but that is bs. griz players were still held to a higher standard.

Do you really think that the Missoulian and others treated the issues under Hauck the way they did under Hauck? How about egriz? Can you find any posts or threads trashing Stitt for the bad behavior of his players?

hauck was around a lot longer, and players associated with him were charged with home invasion, kidnapping, and murder. obviously they were charges, not convictions. I am if course assuming that by one of your haucks you meant stitt.

Yes, Hauck was around longer, but so what. If Stitt had 9 player criminal issues in 3 years, not sure that Hauck had 21 player issues in his 7 years. Yes, home invasion. That was bad. Yes, murder, but acted in self-defense and was acquitted. Don't know how that can be held against a coach. What was the kidnapping?

I can’t believe anyone is saying one situation is worse then the other WTF. They are both horrible. One victim is too many. I don’t understand you PR

Mavman said:
I can’t believe anyone is saying one situation is worse then the other WTF. They are both horrible. One victim is too many. I don’t understand you PR

What are you saying? Pretty inarticulate post. I don't care if you understand me. I don't understand you (or your post) either.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
you really think the community ignored criminal behavior when stitt was hc? sorry but that is bs. griz players were still held to a higher standard.

Do you really think that the Missoulian and others treated the issues under Hauck the way they did under Hauck? How about egriz? Can you find any posts or threads trashing Stitt for the bad behavior of his players?

hauck was around a lot longer, and players associated with him were charged with home invasion, kidnapping, and murder. obviously they were charges, not convictions. I am if course assuming that by one of your haucks you meant stitt.

Yes, Hauck was around longer, but so what. If Stitt had 9 player criminal issues in 3 years, not sure that Hauck had 21 player issues in his 7 years. Yes, home invasion. That was bad. Yes, murder, but acted in self-defense and was acquitted. Don't know how that can be held against a coach. What was the kidnapping?

i thought kidnapping was part of the home invasion. are you saying the charges against hauck's players weren't more serious than stitt's? they were. as for the rest of what you wrote, it was just gibberish. i know you can't concede you posted something that wasn't accurate, so don't worry, i don't need to read and respond to any more of your mindless, poor-hauck blubberings, but can if you want to keep going.

PlayerRep said:
This scandal is 50 times worse than the Sandusky one, and Mich St. had 50 times more warnings than Penn St. did. Just making up the numbers. Many other organizations and people did too.

There are plenty of lawsuits, but, again, I don't see the expected level of outrage.

Referring to above in bold!

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
I personally don't believe one is worse than the other. they are both repulsive and disgusting. unless we're going to start counting victims in thee crazy cases which I don't think is right either.

msu will certainly not go untouched in this mess.

I believe one is worse than the other, because one involves way more victims, went on longer, and had many more people with at least some level of knowledge of the situation. Also, gymnastics thing had people referring people to Nasser and sticking up for him. Not the case with Sandusky.

For example, a mass murder killing 10 people is worse than a shooting killing 2.

Didn't mean to suggest that molesting was necessarily worse in one situation than in the other., except the level of trust in the gymnast situation was much bigger, in my view.

However, I do find it interesting that these 2 situations seem to have been treated differently so far.

Some differences are football v. gymnastics. A big name football school and coach. While I don't know, I assume some of the gymnasts were ncaa gymnasts at Mich. St. If so, where's the NCAA? I thought they were way too involved in Penn St case, by the way. Where's the Michigan attorney general and other legal authorities? No one at Penn St was referring young boys to Sandusky.

I truly can't imagine what these girls, now women, were going through at the time, after the time, and now. Almost unfathomable to me.

I also wonder where the parents were. And legal authorities and anyone else who bought the BS from this guy that this was special therapy?

Also the above sentence.

Got it, Man. I stand by my assertion.

The Penn St scandal involved a former coach who had sexually assaulted a dozen or so boys, some in the athletic facilities, but mostly not there, over a period of less than a couple of decades. Not one of them was a Penn St student or athlete, to my knowledge. The criminal case involved 10 victims, and ultimately 48 counts. This occurred over a 15 year period. There are indications that there were probably at least a couple dozen victims and some of it occurred earlier. As time goes on, and people are making claims and seeking money, some of the evidence is not as reliable, in my view.

Even the Freech report only impacted a few Penn St people, mostly in one situation and somewhat tenuously, as it depended solely on what one guy claimed to have told the coach (and the coach denied being told much).

The State AG got involved in a big way, several Penn St people including the coach and the president were fired, some of them were charged and convicted of misdemeanors of failure to report. The NCAA got involved in a big way. There was huge press, and outrage.

So, how much of the outrage was due to the perpetrator being a former football coach and a high profile coach, Paterno, being connected? That was discussed in the thread.

The Mich. St. gymnastics scandal has way more known victims, 125 or so have provided witness statements at the sentencing hearing. This abuse occurred over many decades. There are more victims than the 125 who provided witness statements. Mich. St. employed the perpetrator the whole time. One victim said she was abused over 200 times. Some the abuse started when the girls were only age 6 or so. The abuse occurred in almost plain sight. A newspaper article has found at least 14 Mich. St. officials, including the president, who were notified to varying extent over 2 decades. Many USA gymnastic people warned. Some legal authorities. Even after the latest round of complaints began to be investigated, this doctor was allowed to keep working for Mich. St. and allowed to continue practicing.

So, the Nassar matter had way more victims, some being assaulted 200 times, over a way longer period, with multiple athletes and ncaa athletes involved, and multiple Mich St students being involved, with 14 Mich. St. people being warned over 2 decades, and dozens of other gymnastic officials being warned or involved.

Way more of all this than the Penn St scandal. As I said, the Mich. St/gymnastics scandal is much bigger and much worse. Sure, both horrible.

I just don't buy the argument that if there's one victim, that's as bad as 100's of victims. Is one murder the same as 100's of murders? Is one win, the same as scores of wins. If there's 5 university officials involved, is that the same as 14 (plus dozens of gymnastics officials)?

In your business is one defaulted mortgage the same as 10 defaulted mortgages?

^^And still not one thing related to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS - the Forum being posted in...

Couldn't resist.

SoldierGriz said:
^^And still not one thing related to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS - the Forum being posted in...

Couldn't resist.

This topic and thread completely relates to UM football, as it seems to help explain some of the outrage against UM football and certain players during the sexual assault "scandal". Even though at the end of the day, there was only 1 player who plead guilty or was convicted, and not one other player who fought the UM proceedings was kicked out of school. Yet, 100's of Missoulian and other articles. National press. Krakeuer book. Would there have been such a book if football players not been "involved"? Comparisons to Penn St. What was the comparison? Anything other than football? Pat Williams ranting and raving, and saying untrue things in the press. Engstrom firing the football coach and athletic director. Why or why?

Sorry, couldn't resist trying to knock some sense into some of you.

The Mich. St. scandal now has 144 victims scheduled to present at the sentencing hearing. A woman who was 13 when Nasser was finally stopped, said she is probably his last victim. Said there was not a point in her remembrance when she didn't know him.

zengriz said:
CFallsGriz said:
Listen zen. I can help you out man. Just PM your digits and let me help you figure that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...no no..you listen pal...
...have any 8 year old show you the ignore feature...
...you don't want my digits..i fcuking assure you...
...you're taking fun college chat board where you don't want to go...

... :stfu: ...

Oh, this was a "fun college chat?"
Lmao

And the comment was just piggy-backing on the getting laid comment you made, tough guy.

argh! said:
zengriz said:
CFallsGriz said:
Listen zen. I can help you out man. Just PM your digits and let me help you figure that out.

...no no..you listen pal...
...have any 8 year old show you the ignore feature...
...you don't want my digits..i fcuking assure you...
...you're taking fun college chat board where you don't want to go...

... :stfu: ...

finally something cfelldown and i can agree on - the self-labeled 'zen' thing is not remotely zen-like, annoying as hell, and should change the moniker.

[emoji1303]

MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Those articles really are good. Some quotes from this one.

" There are now at least 186 women who have come forward about Nassar’s widespread sexual abuse,"

" Whether it further fueled his depravity, or whether he felt so damn brazen that the paid it no mind, Nassar often molested young women with their parents present in the room."

"Livingston explained to the court, in a gripping statement, about how her terminally ill father had been in the room when Nassar assaulted her. He passed away in January 2017, never knowing what had happened. Livingston never could bring herself to tell him the truth."

“You lay awake thinking about all the things you missed, all the red flags you didn't see,” Lemke said."

"Whitney Mergens, who spoke on Monday, said the hardest day of her life was on Friday, sitting though the dozens of victim impact statements. It was the first time in all of her 21 years she witnessed her father cry. He held her tight as they walked out the doorway and apologized that he failed to protect her."

Maybe the now former Mich. St. president, who resigned yesterday, and who used to be a Provost, will be looking for a lower profile job and want to come to UM as its Provost. UM is looking for a topnotch Provost. Maybe not. AZGriz would be complaining that she has been unsuccessful everywhere she's been and dragging out old stats, despite being the president of Mich. St. for a dozen or so years.

Heads finally starting to roll.

I have now seen quite a few articles in which people have said or speculated that this scandal didn't get the same attention as Penn St., because it didn't involve football.

The NCAA has finally sent a minor letter of inquiry. Some people think it's just belated CYA. Involved NCAA athletes in gymnastics, softball, cross country, crew. Nassar was team physician to 2 women's varsity teams at Mich. St. The NCAA is a joke. Incompetent and clueless. Corrupt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/college/2018/01/25/The-NCAA-s-inquiry-to-Michigan-State-amid-the-Larry-Nassar-scandal-is-reminding-some-of-Penn-State/stories/201801240246

Back