• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where's the Outrage?

By doing nothing, Emmert dug his own grave, and hopefully the grave of the NCAA. The bar has been set with what happened to UM and Penn State. Michigan State should be toast. Heads will continue to roll. Prez and AD jumped the sinking ship. Stay tuned sports fans.

tourist said:
By doing nothing, Emmert dug his own grave, and hopefully the grave of the NCAA. The bar has been set with what happened to UM and Penn State. Michigan State should be toast. Heads will continue to roll. Prez and AD jumped the sinking ship. Stay tuned sports fans.

Death penalty to Emmert and the ncaa.

PlayerRep said:
tourist said:

Death penalty to Emmert and the ncaa.

:thumb: I hope so.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jaybilas/status/957616729265524737[/tweet]

Yup. Interesting.

What else do you suppose clowns like this are sitting on @ the NC2A?

Good NY Times on the Mich. St. "non-independent" investigation. While Fitzgerald and his firm weren't hired to do an independent investigation, Mich St started citing it as if it were independent. The report is lacking because it looks like most of the info came from the Mich St side, and didn't include interviews with the women and parents who talked to the Mich St administrators in the past.

"On Friday, Joel I. Ferguson, a Michigan State trustee, said he agreed with criticism of Mr. Fitzgerald’s role: “We have the person who was defending us investigating us.” “There was a conflict,” he added."

"A Michigan State contract with Mr. Fitzgerald’s firm included an hourly rate of up to $990. The ABC affiliate in Detroit reported this month that Mr. Fitzgerald’s firm has billed the university nearly $4.1 million."

Mich St is going to get ripped apart over the whole scandal and how they handled it (which will be judged in retrospect). Mich. St. will need some very rich supporters to back stop the cost of all this. The Penn St. scandal had cost Penn St about $250 million as of over a year ago. Alot more victims in the Nassar scandal. Alot more Mich St administrators who will need defense. Lots of payouts to the former president and others.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/27/us/michigan-state-nassar-fitzgerald.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Anyone care to guess the time frame involved, +/-, until NCAA finalizes it's findings/decision? Perhaps it will go on and on indefinitely, like the Mueller 'investigation.' Anyone remember how long the Penn State situation took to develop, start to finish? Looking for facts, not trying to stir the pot.

tourist said:
Anyone care to guess the time frame involved, +/-, until NCAA finalizes it's findings/decision? Perhaps it will go on and on indefinitely, like the Mueller 'investigation.' Anyone remember how long the Penn State situation took to develop, start to finish? Looking for facts, not trying to stir the pot.

Well, given that NCAA was given a heads up EIGHT years ago, I’d say they’re behind the power curve right now.

CDAGRIZ said:
I honestly don't see a need for the NCAA in its current form.

Well who is going to hold the FCS schools accountable for all the sins of the FBS schools if there’s no NCAA?

...how dare you guys call out the ncaa...
...and right before march madness...
...when they rake in a billion...
...the crime of the year...

... :roll: ...

CDAGRIZ said:
I honestly don't see a need for the NCAA in its current form.

I’ve long wondered when the P5 conferences were going to tell the NC2A to go pound sand. Might be getting closer to that day.

Back